Is Brandin Cooks still among fastest WRs in the NFL

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yiu guys do realize t hill isn’t a young guy right? He’s damn near the sane age as cooks. Has he lost any speed or Do only cowboys lose speed with age?
He was 4.33 out of college. You still think he can hit that number after being in the NFL for 10 years? Or is a 4.38 more likely? Same with Hill. Still blazing fast but probably not quite as fast as he was as a rookie

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He was 4.33 out of college. You still think he can hit that number after being in the NFL for 10 years? Or is a 4.38 more likely? Same with Hill. Still blazing fast but probably not quite as fast as he was as a rookie
He claims he still runs as fast, keeps himself in great shape. Everyone says he ran better routes as a Texan than he did previously with Saints & Patriots.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope not. We need slow guys who can only run ten yards out and curl back to the quarterback. We should get some big fatter guys, that way dak can see them better. Can the wide receivers carry a bright towel and wave them when they get open so dak can see them? Not sure if that is against the rules?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He claims he still runs as fast, keeps himself in great shape. Everyone says he ran better routes as a Texan than he did previously with Saints & Patriots.
Like I said in my original post, he's still fast. I'd just be surprised if he's hitting a 4.33 anymore. If he's has dropped to a 4.38-4.4 that's still blazing fast and running better routes will only give more separation.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Faster than KaVontae Turpin?
hes technically NOT a WR.. he a KR/PR with nice straight line sped but dude more track speed then cut and go speed..i mean how many routes did he run past year past the lone of scrimmage more then 5 yards? must be reason for it..if hes so fast where were all the 9s. i hope it was MOORE and he gets used more this year from the slot. but we can all agree Cooks is better wr then Turpin lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
why not?? weve seen TO beat some fast current NFL players recently in a friendly race.. you can keep your speed , Daryl green did, we all remember that.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak can't see Turpin. Handoffs/jet sweeps are about his limit since the QB doesn't have great field vision. I guess this year we might throw him a screen or two if he jumps up and down and waves his hand furiously, so he can be seen.

Ken

Reaction score
Yiu guys do realize t hill isn’t a young guy right? He’s damn near the sane age as cooks. Has he lost any speed or Do only cowboys lose speed with age?
Shockingly, Reke wasn't one of the fastest recorded MPH's in the league last year. Never hit above 21.25, which is the 20th fastest spot in the league.

Barely made it the year before. Looks like the Chiefs saw the slip and got ahead of it.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Shockingly, Reke wasn't one of the fastest recorded MPH's in the league last year. Never hit above 21.25, which is the 20th fastest spot in the league.

Barely made it the year before. Looks like the Chiefs saw the slip and got ahead of it.
hes still very fast. plus he may not go full speed every play. you saw what he did when parsons won the race.

Ken

Reaction score
hes still very fast. plus he may not go full speed every play. you saw what he did when parsons won the race.
He just may not have the highest top speed is what I am thinking. He has never been that high....21.79 was his highest 4 years ago.

He is absolutely the fastest to his top speed though.

conner01

Reaction score
Running routes gets you not only separation but a step head start
Got to make up for a tenth or two

Hardline

Reaction score
Great rout runners can get open despite having great speed.
Jason Witten always got open even though his 40 YD could be timed on a sun dial.

DanA

Reaction score
Like I said in my original post, he's still fast. I'd just be surprised if he's hitting a 4.33 anymore. If he's has dropped to a 4.38-4.4 that's still blazing fast and running better routes will only give more separation.
Assuming no major leg injuries guys can get faster after the combine and even 30 isn’t an age where you lose speed (if you’re lucky with injuries).

What can happen is they improve their strength to weight ratio (NFL peanut butter) and then slightly refine running technique and as you mention route running which makes their speed more apparent. Cooks hasn’t had a significant lower body injury as far as I am aware.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He just needs to be faster than the secondary.