Is CeeDee ready to be 1 WR (question 11)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Numbers don’t tell the full story of if a guy is a true #1. That’s my point. Have you ever thought the other team couldn’t stop CD? Did CD have a trait that was indefensible?

Because most thought that about Coop his first 2 years here due to his elite route running.

NO I never felt that way, but I dont put that on Lamb. He plays in an offense with so many weapons that its almost impossible to focus on one guy game in and game out. Thats also not Dak's style. He likes to spread it around.

But there is no doubt in my mind that Lamb is a true #1 and can be that guy.

And regardless, the numbers show he was the #1 receiver last year.

conner01

Reaction score
No. To me it’s because he hasn’t shown a consistent ability to dominate. Aside from Minn in 2020 When has he boxed out a DB for a ball or juked someone out of their shoes or flown by them? The traits we saw in OK we haven’t seen at the NFL level
That is much more relevant
Some of that I’m sure is level of competition but he does need to show he can beat a teams best and YAC is an important part of his game. YAC for him is more important than a guy like Hopkins because they are different types of receivers

conner01

Reaction score
Numbers don’t tell the full story of if a guy is a true #1. That’s my point. Have you ever thought the other team couldn’t stop CD? Did CD have a trait that was indefensible?

Because most thought that about Coop his first 2 years here due to his elite route running.
Cooper had games he did nothing
If a team wants to stop one guy it’s easy
But that’s at the cost of everyone else being in single coverage
If a guy is drawing down a safety on every pass play, you have to use the other guys to take advantage of that
In this offense the ball is gonna be spread around so it doesn’t matter who gets open but it is important that one guy is drawing extra help because that leaves holes
Lamb should be that guy and we will see if he is soon