Is CeeDee the 1 WR in the League? Micah thinks So

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This guy has a lot of opinions. I must say with the injuries etc out there I think it’s CeeDee or Tyreke. Slide 2 is the interview portion

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why is Micah worried about anyone being #1, not like he's #1, maybe #1 at talking instead of just playing!!!

Miller

Reaction score
Why is Micah worried about anyone being #1, not like he's #1, maybe #1 at talking instead of just playing!!!
Honestly when I saw this and started listening it wasn’t “is CeeDee tops” I was thinking about but “maybe Micah should just lay low and get ready for the playoffs”

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I heard it on his podcast. He also had some good digs at guys like Richard Sherman, who were trashing CeeDee at the beginning of the year. I do remember that. Sherman was big on saying that CeeDee was overrated, and will never be a top receiver. #11 definitely collects receipts on haters in the sports media. LOL

JayFord

Reaction score
if we're collecting receipts there was a "journalist" on twitter that said ceedee isnt a elite receiver because he moves around the offense and exploits mismatches

then said if he was dominating from the flanker only then he could be considered elite

i had a hoot laughing at that one....the only person i put above CeeDee is a fully healthy Justin Jefferson

CeeDee is like that!

JayFord

Reaction score
I heard it on his podcast. He also had some good digs at guys like Richard Sherman, who were trashing CeeDee at the beginning of the year. I do remember that. Sherman was big on saying that CeeDee was overrated, and will never be a top receiver. #11 definitely collects receipts on haters in the sports media. LOL
I loved Sherman as a player never thought he was the type of person to read off a script and drive someone elses narrative

Blue64

Reaction score
Well said… if he could shut his trap and focus more on playing he maybe able to be more consistent.
This guy starts a season of strong and then tapers off

Miller

Reaction score
and yet you have an opinion as well. crazy
True but I'm a fan and not a player that is constantly making the interview circuit. I like confidence but I also like sometimes shutting it down vs having to be so vocal. Like a slowly erupting volcano before a game. Ooh well! Cheers

Scotman

Reaction score
Parsons having a podcast and being involved in social media isn't even an issue for me. His entire generation interacts through social media. Did you know that a recent survey shows the top three answers when 8-12 year old kids in the US and UK are asked what they want to be are "YouTuber, teacher and professional athlete."

If you are hoping these young men will stay off social media, you're going to be disappointed.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Parsons having a podcast and being involved in social media isn't even an issue for me. His entire generation interacts through social media. Did you know that a recent survey shows the top three answers when 8-12 year old kids in the US and UK are asked what they want to be are "YouTuber, teacher and professional athlete."

If you are hoping these young men will stay off social media, you're going to be disappointed.
You’re wasting your time. LOL.

It’s not my thing either, but at least I understand the generation gap perspective. I don’t think most will though.

He’s not even that great of a talker, but that’s not the point with the youth… it doesn’t matter with these kids because they’re so used to voicing their entire thought process online.

I listen to it here and there to pick up nuggets on the team or NFL, but Kudos to him if it develops his broadcast skills and he eventually follows in tracks of Aikman, Romo, Nate, Deion, Moose, Irvin, etc..

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I loved Sherman as a player never thought he was the type of person to read off a script and drive someone elses narrative
Yeah, seems to be struggling, although he’s getting better with his experience with Michael Irvin and Keyshawn Johnson. He’s a smart, veteran corner, so really surprised how off he was on CeeDee Lamb. I would understand the rookie or sophomore year but this year? I think he was getting caught in the narrative too. It’s painful watching some of these guys who try to do a Steven A Smith or Skip Bayless shtick, but can’t nail it down.

Miller

Reaction score

I get this completely. I have 3 kids 11-16. So I know all about the recent generations social media work. I just think there could be a little less over the top bravado at times (time and place) and maybe a little more quiet confidence that carries over. Example...Micah Twitter(X) arguments with Gronk, etc. I think Gronk had a point about why was he going after Purdy. No reason

But overall I think he has an interesting take on CeeDee this season

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I love how CD has transcended to become an actual elite WR in this league.
I would take him number 1 above even Hill, but I am biased of course.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I love how CD has transcended to become an actual elite WR in this league.
I would take him number 1 above even Hill, but I am biased of course.
Hill is the only guy I would no doubt take over CD. The gap between Jefferson and Lamb IMO is smaller but I'd still lean JJ. After that, I got Lamb. But honestly, at this point who really cares? What's important is how Lamb has played his way into the truly elite class of NFL WR.