Is D Ware getting Robbed a sack?

Matt

Reaction score
Wade said he should have 20, can you imagine the controversy if he doesn't break the record because of this?

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
same thing will happen if they give it to him and he beats the record by 1.

cowboyz

Reaction score
i think he's talking about the zach thomas sack.

also, i think ware had one of those faux-false start sacks earlier in the year

burntricersx

Reaction score
cowboyz;2497517 said:
i think he's talking about the zach thomas sack.

also, i think ware had one of those faux-false start sacks earlier in the year

Call me crazy but sometimes I think Ware's just so fast off the line, it looks like he's offsides but he's really not. Kinda like in Michael Jordan's early years, they called him for travelling a lot because he was so quick and fast, it looked like he was travelling...:rolleyes:

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
burntricersx;2497530 said:
Call me crazy but sometimes I think Ware's just so fast off the line, it looks like he's offsides but he's really not. Kinda like in Michael Jordan's early years, they called him for travelling a lot because he was so quick and fast, it looked like he was travelling...:rolleyes:

That's actually been true quite a few times. He's jumped snaps perfectly but got called for offsides when video showed it wasn't.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yes, he said that the NFL gave zach thomas the sack, but ware was the one that forced the QB out at the sideline.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
burntricersx;2497530 said:

Not crazy. Not this time at least. :)

He's been getting those for sometime now. I think maybe the league got the message and is not calling him for those. He's just that quick off the ball.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Frankly you win some and lose some. I would't correct the earlier sack because there are always stat erros. They could always put an asterick in the record books later but I wouldn't change it. If he is to win it, he needs to do so without the errant sack IMHO

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Just for the record!!!! I would LOVE to see Ware break all of the records!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2497537 said:
yes, he said that the NFL gave zach thomas the sack, but ware was the one that forced the QB out at the sideline.

That's a weird scoring issue -- can't see how they would reverse it as an argument could just as easily be made that if Zach wasn't there then the QB would have run for a short gain. However, had Ware gotten the sack initially, I doubt any eyebrows would be raised.

The league did review that one. Kinda like the replay rule I guess, indisputable evidence required to make a change.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jobberone;2497545 said:

He's been getting those for sometime now. I think maybe the league got the message and is not calling him for those. He's just that quick off the ball.

It could be that the refs are seeing him for the 3rd and 4th times now and that the coaching staff is in their ears to remind them of bad calls made in previous games.

At least I hope our staff is doing that.

Thomas82

Reaction score
jobberone;2497545 said:

He runs a 4.5 40, he looks faster than that coming off the ball.

Thomas82

Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;2497555 said:
Just for the record!!!! I would LOVE to see Ware break all of the records!

So would I. He would be the "Jerry Rice" of the linebackers.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2497564 said:
That's a weird scoring issue -- can't see how they would reverse it as an argument could just as easily be made that if Zach wasn't there then the QB would have run for a short gain. However, had Ware gotten the sack initially, I doubt any eyebrows would be raised.

The league did review that one. Kinda like the replay rule I guess, indisputable evidence required to make a change.

Unless the Steelers are involved.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Rack;2498786 said:
Unless the Steelers are involved.

If Ware played for the Steelers, the league would have not only reversed the sack from Zach to Ware, but thrown in an additional one for good measure.

RW31

Reaction score
Oh my god i'm so worried about Ware's sack numbers. I mean who cares about the playoffs. Everyday im sitting here worrying about Ware and his sack numbers.

/sarcasm

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RW31;2498821 said:
Oh my god i'm so worried about Ware's sack numbers. I mean who cares about the playoffs. Everyday im sitting here worrying about Ware and his sack numbers.

/sarcasm
How can a Cowboys fan not want Ware to get the record if he can? Rooting for an individual goal does not mean we don't care about team goals too.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
RW31;2498821 said:

/sarcasm

What a completely useless post.

Yeah, cuz people aren't capable of caring about two different thing (the playoffs AND ware's sack #'s) at the same time.

:rolleyes:

pgreptom

Reaction score
RainMan;2498816 said:
If Ware played for the Steelers, the league would have not only reversed the sack from Zach to Ware, but thrown in an additional one for good measure.

Seriously man? :rolleyes: