Is D Ware getting Robbed a sack?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Well Ware has had his chances.....He couldn't get McNabb down a few times. He whiffed on another QB, Campbell I believe.....He has had his opportunities to have the record by now, but he let it slip through his fingers.

BTW, Gasteneau got his 22 in like 12 games...I believe it was the strike year of 87, the same year Rice got his record for TDs in a season by a WR. Strahan and Moss needed a 16 game season to break those records.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2497537 said:
yes, he said that the NFL gave zach thomas the sack, but ware was the one that forced the QB out at the sideline.

Here is the play. You can go to the actual youtube page and watch it in High Definition.

[youtube]UZt30UKLg-E[/youtube]

there you go.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
theebs;2499149 said:
Here is the play. You can go to the actual youtube page and watch it in High Definition.

[youtube]UZt30UKLg-E[/youtube]

there you go.

Wow, it wasn't even close. Boy the memory does screw with you when time elapses because I remembered Zach being closer then that. How in the heck can you award that sack to Zach and not to Ware?

I am not saying that 'they' are against us but damn there is mounting evidence every where that they are.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
adbutcher;2499183 said:
Wow, it wasn't even close. Boy the memory does screw with you when time elapses because I remembered Zach being closer then that. How in the heck can you award that sack to Zach and not to Ware?

I am not saying that 'they' are against us but damn there is mounting evidence every where that they are.

Ware forced Rodgers out of the pocket but if Zach didn't have him lined up, the play would have been a scramble for a gain rather than a sack. QB ran out of bounds to avoid Zach, which is why he was given the tackle.

I think it is very hard to say that "they" are against us -- the official scorer at the game had to make a snap decision - the league reviewed this one and didn't see evidence for a change. Sure, he could have given it to Ware, but there simply isn't strong evidence that it should be Ware's sack

Oh yeah -- Ware going down on the play and not making the tackle doesn't help his argument.

aikemirv

Reaction score
adbutcher;2499183 said:

You're right about one thing. It wasn't close. Ware dove for him and missed him. If the other defenders are not there Rodgers definitely has a gain on the play.

Love Ware but that is not his sack.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
If Ware isn't chasing him, he can cut back inside. He can also stop, set, and throw it out of the end zone, or even spike the ball--outside the tackle box, without a penalty.

At the very least, it should have been half a sack for Ware.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2497570 said:
It could be that the refs are seeing him for the 3rd and 4th times now and that the coaching staff is in their ears to remind them of bad calls made in previous games.

At least I hope our staff is doing that.

Wade's been doing that since he got here. He's always reminding refs before the game about that. He's said it many times in his press conferences.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
pgreptom;2499087 said:
Seriously man? :rolleyes:

There was obvious sarcasm in that post.

And I agree with Abe, if Zach weren't there the play would have continued. That was a good decision by the league.

But Ware has missed like 2-3 other sacks this year so he should already be at 21-22.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
RW31;2498821 said:
Oh my god i'm so worried about Ware's sack numbers. I mean who cares about the playoffs. Everyday im sitting here worrying about Ware and his sack numbers.

/sarcasm

the thing you are missing is if Ware gets the record that means we are getting pressure and that could be helping us win to get to the playoffs....now on the record yes i would love for him to get it. he deserves it. Strahan don't he had help by Farve falling down for him.:D he needs 4 to break it 2 a game works for me. yes that was Zack that forced him out. if he wasn't there there would have been a gain on the play.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Ware has already tied or broken the record for most games with at least one sack (or even half a sack). He has 13 games with at least one sack. I've already gone through everyone with 18 or more sacks in a season, and nobody got at least one sack in more than 12 games. (When Strahan got 22.5 sacks, he had at least one in only 11 games and just half a sack in two others.)

It's possible that someone with 17.5 sacks or less spread them out enough to get at least one in 14 games, but I doubt it has happened.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Rack;2499296 said:
But Ware has missed like 2-3 other sacks this year so he should already be at 21-22.

Also, I'm pretty sure there was one sack when Ellis (or maybe someone else) arrived a split-second before Ware did, but only Ellis got credited with a sack. I thought they'd split it, but they didn't.

Considering that Shawne Merriman once got credited with half a sack for jumping on top of Peyton Manning after a defensive lineman had already taken him to the ground, it's surprising that Ware didn't get half a sack for helping bring down the QB.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2499384 said:
I'm pretty sure Ware has already tied or broken the record for most games with at least one sack (or even half a sack).
Cool.

He's got to be closing in on the sack record for LB's too.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
percyhoward;2499410 said:
Cool.

He's got to be closing in on the sack record for LB's too.

Lawrence Taylor's 20.5 in 1986 is the record for linebackers.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2499391 said:
Considering that Shawne Merriman once got credited with half a sack for jumping on top of Peyton Manning after a defensive lineman had already taken him to the ground, it's surprising that Ware didn't get half a sack for helping bring down the QB.

I'm guessing Merriman got that in SD rather than on the road.

Of course, if you take the most ridiculous example, you'll always find justification...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Why would Ware want credit for that as a sack... and why would the NFL give Zach credit for a sack on that play?