Twitter: Is Dak Clutch?

shabazz

Reaction score
I see you're being nice to me today!! Yeah I agree but all that workout in the summer with his guys they didn't work on the easiest route??

The safe passes I'd rather just see them thrown out of bounds

coogi, I’ve always liked you. Nothings ever personal….but just promise me you won’t respond to me while your wearing those Kris Kross backwards Coogi pants. :laugh:

Ken

Reaction score
Patrick creamed wasn’t even looking for the football. Romo had BFF Jason Witten. When you consistently don’t throw the wide receivers why should they expect it. You’re right people just don’t look at the whole picture
Took the liberty of counting up the top 4 wr catches on each of the following teams. This is only Wrs...

Dallas: 227
Buffalo: 262
SD- 246
Cincy- 227
Rams- 267
GB- 217
Min- 235
TB- 250

So out of the top teams that I looked at, Dallas is not last and some of the teams ahead didn't have a TE with 79 catches.

Another fallacy exposed.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Patrick creamed wasn’t even looking for the football. Romo had BFF Jason Witten. When you consistently don’t throw the wide receivers why should they expect it. You’re right people just don’t look at the whole picture
How soon people forget the literal heartache Romo provided with his untimely INTs.

Steve007

Reaction score
So some people will point out that Dak being clutch is one of his better traits. Well this might help dispel that notion.

13 games when the Cowboys had the ball with 2 minutes or less losing by 1 to 7 points.

1-12 in those games. Watching yesterdays games you need an offense and QB who can win games in the clutch with little to no time left in the playoffs. Dak isnt that QB.

Dak isnt close to the level of Allen and Mahomes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You didn't watch Mahomes (and Allen) put on a clinic in how to avoid pressure Sunday night, did you.

Oh yah, I watched it. But the last 3 minutes or so the defense was gassed. Little to no pressure on both sides.

that’s what makes those 2 elite. Ability to avoid pressure and make big plays.

Steve007

Reaction score
Please show Allen & Mahomes numbers in the same situation if you're trying to make a point.
Did you watch the game???? Do you think Dak could do the same thing in the same situation? Nobody outside of Dak fans would say he is the same level as Allen and Mahomes.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Did you watch the game???? Do you think Dak could do the same thing in the same situation? Nobody outside of Dak fans would say he is the same level as Allen and Mahomes.

and no one has said that. My god you people jump to extremes so easily.

pitt33

Reaction score
Through the first 8 games he was giving us a lot of hope that he was gonna turn the corner but ever since the Broncos game he dropped back to his old ways. Indecision in the pocket and throwing behind receivers, timing issues, etc. I just don’t know what to expect from him next season
I wouldn’t expect much from what we’ve already witnessed.

They will be hard pressed to repeat as division champs

Steve007

Reaction score
You were trying to make a comparison with Daks

You said "Please show Allen & Mahomes numbers in the same situation if you're trying to make a point." So what do you mean?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
LOL you'd be a terrible owner. You'd be cutting the entire team if you had a losing record because you evaluate the play of a single player and only look at the whole.

I think you maybe confused about saying a player is good and a player is Clutch. I couldn't fathom bragging about a player being clutch if he loses all the time. As for judging someone Clutch there has to be some kind of Sanity check here ;) I mean say you have a sentence with a semicolon where both sides have to be true. Well saying: Dak is Clutch; he has a 1-3 Playoff Record. Well that just doesn't make very much sense.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think you maybe confused about saying a player is good and a player is Clutch. I couldn't fathom bragging about a player being clutch if he loses all the time. As for judging someone Clutch there has to be some kind of Sanity check here ;) I mean say you have a sentence with a semicolon where both sides have to be true. Well saying: Dak is Clutch; he has a 1-3 Playoff Record. Well that just doesn't make very much sense.

Yeah dude, everyone in Buffalo should just disregard Allen's performance when evaluating his play on Sunday because Mahomes had the ball last before time expired.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Yeah dude, everyone in Buffalo should just disregard Allen's performance when Conevaluating his play on Sunday because Mahomes had the ball last before time expired.

Consistantly winning is not winning always. Bills at least made it to the divisional Round and weren't one and done. I didn't provide of a list of things that IMO defines what is clutch.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Consistantly winning is not winning always. Bills at least made it to the divisional Round and weren't one and done. I didn't provide of a list of things that IMO defines what is clutch.

Yeah, not really what you were arguing - you said to be clutch you had to win. I'm pointing out other factors to you. You're moving goal posts here because your initial post was just off base.

But whatever, man lol

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Yeah, not really what you were arguing - you said to be clutch you had to win. I'm pointing out other factors to you. You're moving goal posts here because your initial post was just off base.

But whatever, man lol

You are arguing against what you think I said versus what I really said. Winning is a big thing about being clutch but it is consistently winning in big games, and that by no way means you have to win every game you ever play. To be Clutch you have to make a difference in a game, be a factor for when you do win you win because you are a difference maker. There has the be consistency in being clutch as well, And when you do win it has to be showing up for big games, not games like this years Washington and Iggles beat downs, it games that mean something. Nobody is moving the goal post, maybe my definition of Clutch is just a higher standard than your definition of Clutch. Take Tony Romo, I think he is a good quarterback just like I think Dak is a good player, but neither are Clutch in my book.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
in daks defense, it isnt just the qb that needs to be clutch.
it is the OC,HC, and other players. they all need to be clutch.

for example if a qb is given crap plays to run, the result is going to be crap , unless he can ad lib, and you can only ad lib so much.

fans said same about romo, but same thing bad plays, plan, are not going to help a qb score.

Dak and romo were not able to call their own plays, they can change plays, or do 1 of 3 variations, but the OC is also to blame for not
giving the right plays at the right time.
The HC and OC have to also have players and plays ready for those situations. Dallas rarely are ready.

This last game last play shows just how inept the coaching and plays are.

As a qb, you cant take crap and turn it into gold except occasionally.
Romo was great at ad libing , extending a play and finding something, way better than dak, but it was not something he could do all the time.