Twitter: Is Dak Clutch?

jnday

Reaction score
Are you aware that there were 3 dropped passes on that 2nd to last drive?

So you must be calling the receivers not clutch right? Lamb, Zeke, Wilson in that order. PUNT!!
Romo was called a choker because Crayton dropped a perfect pass against the Giants during a playoff game. Dak is a different situation. He is not accurate enough to be clutch. His WRs have saved him more times than I can count when they made circus catches.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Do you have a Dak sippy cup and blankie? Never mind…take both and go to bed immediately!
Am I wrong? Nope. All the haters can do is try to spit insults which I’ll gladly take. Means they don’t have facts to fall back on.

Go Cowboys. :cool:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Contracts erase draft position. You get paid as the top QB in the league, you better play like it. No more 4th round pick excuses.
Well you were ready for your Dak attack and contract come back line.

That wasn't a defense of Dak. In fact far from it. The fact is those two guys are top 10 picks with a few picked before them that failed...Allen was a small college guy with a lot of risks. So was Wentz. In fact Wentz won championships in college. So he had a higher pedigree than Allan. But all the people and their crystal ball showing up with their prognostication.

Fact is it will take a top 10 pick and some luck to end up with a QB like them. In fact I would love to have one...We don't have one of them and unfortunately we are stuck with ours.

Regardless. Comparing at this point is absolutely meaningless. We need to discuss solutions.

But everyone is stuck in this compare Dak mode which does absolutely nothing

Ken

Reaction score
Romo was called a choker because Crayton dropped a perfect pass against the Giants during a playoff game. Dak is a different situation. He is not accurate enough to be clutch. His WRs have saved him more times than I can count when they made circus catches.
You mean this one?

For the record, this is on Crayton and i screamed it for weeks afterward on this board. This happens to Dak all the time and he is blamed for it by the same mouth breathers saying he sucks.

Ken

Reaction score
The bar for the definition of clutch just went up ten fold on Sunday night by both Allen and Mahomes....so to honestly answer the question....no Dak is not.
There are only two clutch players in the entire league now.

So ridiculous.

Qcard

Reaction score
You mean this one?

For the record, this is on Crayton and i screamed it for weeks afterward on this board. This happens to Dak all the time and he is blamed for it by the same mouth breathers saying he sucks.

Remember.....Crayton gave Romo a PASS for RW McQuarters INT

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
You mean this one?

Name a specific play instead of propping up a generic strawman.

JustChip

Reaction score
So some people will point out that Dak being clutch is one of his better traits. Well this might help dispel that notion.

13 games when the Cowboys had the ball with 2 minutes or less losing by 1 to 7 points.

1-12 in those games. Watching yesterdays games you need an offense and QB who can win games in the clutch with little to no time left in the playoffs. Dak isnt that QB.

Ok, if someone is going to use stats to backup their position, at least be sure the stats are correct.

Just off my head, I know the list is missing at least 1 game, Steelers in 2016, that we were behind in the last minute & drove for the win. Another I can think of is Philly in 2018 with a win on the opening drive of OT.

Another thing, if these stats are specifically to knock Dak, you probably ought to eliminate the games Dak didn’t play at all in. Like Pittsburgh and WFT last year.

Also, your stats don't account for tying or leading drives in the last 2 minutes that the defense subsequently can’t hold. GB 2016 and Tampa this year come to mind.

And just to be perfectly clear, I am not arguing Dak is or is not clutch. Just the use of incomplete or fraudulent stats to support a position.

Ken

Reaction score
Ok, if someone is going to use stats to backup their position, at least be sure the stats are correct.

Just off my head, I know the list is missing at least 1 game, Steelers in 2016, that we were behind in the last minute & drove for the win. Another I can think of is Philly in 2018 with a win on the opening drive of OT.

Another thing, if these stats are specifically to knock Dak, you probably ought to eliminate the games Dak didn’t play at all in. Like Pittsburgh and WFT last year.

Also, your stats don't account for tying or leading drives in the last 2 minutes that the defense subsequently can’t hold. GB 2016 and Tampa this year come to mind.

And just to be perfectly clear, I am not arguing Dak is or is not clutch. Just the use of incomplete or fraudulent stats to support a position.
In their zeal to crucify this qb...they don't have time to actually validate their slander!

Well done, I didn't even pick up on the Pitt game being included last year lol

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
Clutch No, torgue converter Yes...torque converter is a type of fluid coupling that transfers rotating power from a prime mover, like an internal combustion engine, to a rotating driven load. Dak can get the job done it just takes all the moving parts to work together.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So some people will point out that Dak being clutch is one of his better traits. Well this might help dispel that notion.

13 games when the Cowboys had the ball with 2 minutes or less losing by 1 to 7 points.

1-12 in those games. Watching yesterdays games you need an offense and QB who can win games in the clutch with little to no time left in the playoffs. Dak isnt that QB.

laughing-cat-gif.gif

plymkr

Reaction score

Oh boy. You just made Tad's tweet list!!! Good luck to you

plymkr

Reaction score
Sadly the only 2 players I consider "clutch" is Parsons and Anger. Parson's made plays when the games were still in question and at times when we needed a big play. If you look back at the season a lot of his sacks, or big plays, came when we needed a spark. The punter just kicks well.

The rest of the team is like Dak. Definitely not clutch. When the game is going good they look great but when they get punched in the mouth they go into a shell like a scared turtle.

zeke21

Reaction score
I already explained this....

"Clutch" doesn't mean "W". It means you perform at a high level in the waning moments of a close game. I already gave you a perfect example of how a QB can be clutch and a team can still lose. All of American saw it yesterday.
Perfect point.. agree that Clutch won't always mean a W. Allen puts his team up with 18 seconds on the clock.. that should have been locked up. It is not Allens fault that on the other side is a freak who went supernova.

Im sick of trying to explain that stats on their own mean nothing.. it has to have context. For example, I don't blame Dak for the loss if we lose because the kicker misses... but I can still lament that the game was only that close because Dak put in another shocker. So when looking at stats, you should have a basic understanding of the game situation before forming an opinion.

What I think is clear to anyone with a brain.. the level of QB play on display was elite.. The standard of those games was intense.. I think it became very clear that Dak and this team are not in the conversation. I honestly don't think we win a single one of those games this weekend. The gap, for me at least, has gotten wider.