Video: Is Dak Prescott A Top QB In NFL

coogrfan

Reaction score
Burrows managed nine knockdowns in one game away at the the number one seed. Plus his OL stunk all year but he has managed to get to the championship game.
This blinkered fandom is quite simply crazy.
If Dak had performed against a Cards team in a total slump we would have been a 2 seed and played Stafford or Murray who Dak obviously beats. Or not.

Agreed that Burrow's OL isn't anything special but at least they don't beat themselves.

Cinci has played one more game than we have. They have had 71 fewer flags thrown against them overall and 56 fewer penalties accepted. They also have 17 fewer pre-snap penalties.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/

Until that gets fixed it doesn't matter who is taking the snaps.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
He's the top paid, that's what he wanted, right? I wonder if he regrets holding out for that last dollar. Bet he wishes he did get more years.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think he's schemed into his good numbers more than anything. He doesn't show up when all the throws are tough. I think you have Cousins a little high, too.

That may be true, but you could say something similar about a lot of guys. Kyler was leading the best team in the NFL until he and Deandre got hurt, and they collapse without DH. What is Burrow if Chase got injured? They’re a losing team without a shot at the playoffs. What is Josh Allen if he got drafted by Detroit? He’s 2012 Matt Stafford. Every QB after 4 or 5 is heavily influenced by their circumstances.

Dak has talent around him, and Jerry hires Offensive minded HC’s for him. Those things have helped him no doubt

jnday

Reaction score
Like I said man, no hope.
The only way that there is no hope , is for them to make no effort to find another QB. It seems like there are a bunch of fans that are willing to settle for Dak because it is too hard to find a better QB. They will never upgrade the QB position if they don’t try. If the scouts are not capable of finding a good, young QB prospect, they need to be fired.

starcity214

Reaction score
By himself?

:lmao:

Do better.

Andy Reid already had a "Dak" on the Chiefs and he got rid of him.

He used significant resources in order to upgrade the position.

I think if anyone knows that there is a clear difference between Dak and Mahomes its Andy Reid

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'd say Dak is a top 10 to 12 quarterback. It's 8 guys that I'd consider elite or near then you have guys in Dak's range. So anybody not top 10 isn't even worth arguing over Dak.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Andy Reid already had a "Dak" on the Chiefs and he got rid of him.

He used significant resources in order to upgrade the position.

I think if anyone knows that there is a clear difference between Dak and Mahomes its Andy Reid

I think that had as much to do with Smith’s age (or Mcnabb’s, whichever you’re referring to. Mcnabb just made the NFCCG, and Smith led the league in many statistical categories his last year. Reid has always been about getting rid of his players a year too early rather than a year too late

starcity214

Reaction score
I think that had as much to do with Smith’s age (or Mcnabb’s, whichever you’re referring to. Reid has always been about getting rid of his players a year too early rather than a year too late

Alex Smith.
Dak is an Alex Smith clone.
Alex Smith had good stats in that system but Andy Reid knew he didn't have what it took to get over the hump. Stop lying to yourself. Andy Reid traded up in the draft to get a QB because he knew he NEEDED to upgrade the position. Alex Smith Wasn'tt some 40 year old lol

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Hear all the belly whining about Dak but how are you guys gonna replace him and with whom? But your belly whining to your wallet.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Alex Smith.
Dak is an Alex Smith clone.
Alex Smith had good stats in that system but Andy Reid knew he didn't have what it took to get over the hump. Stop lying to yourself. Andy Reid traded up in the draft to get a QB because he knew he NEEDED to upgrade the position. Alex Smith Wasn'tt some 40 year old lol

No, IMO Reid 100% keeps Alex Smith if he’s 26 instead of 34 heading into the next season

starcity214

Reaction score
No, IMO Reid 100% keeps Alex Smith if he’s 26 instead of 33.

I think Andy Reid had had enough of checkdown QBs by that point. Tom Brady is freaking 45 and a team signed him to a huge contract 2 years ago. Stafford is in his 30s and a team traded 2 firsts and a young QB for him. If Aaron Rodgers moves on, there will be a frenzy to sign a late 30s QB this off season. Age isn't that important in the NFL specially in this era where SB "windows" are only there for 3 years max.

starcity214

Reaction score
Hear all the belly whining about Dak but how are you guys gonna replace him and with whom? But your belly whining to your wallet.

We can replace Dak with Kirk Cousins or Jimmy G and we would get the same at a cheaper price. Now, if you want to upgrade, try to aquire Watson, Wilson or Rodgers.. At minimum, take a good look at QBs in every draft and take 1 in the top 3 rounds if there is a good one. Kinda hard to get a good QB if you don't try.

Steve007

Reaction score
We can replace Dak with Kirk Cousins or Jimmy G and we would get the same at a cheaper price. Now, if you want to upgrade, try to aquire Watson, Wilson or Rodgers.. At minimum, take a good look at QBs in every draft and take 1 in the top 3 rounds if there is a good one. Kinda hard to get a good QB if you don't try.
After watching Mahomes, Brady and Allen today only a buffoon would even think that Dak is in their category
There are alot of them.