Is Dak unpopular because it is now a passing league?

SackMaster

Reaction score
If we could replace Romo for Dak I’d do it in a heartbeat.
Yet I'm sure fans like you would have replaced Romo for virtually anyone else "in a heartbeat" BEFORE his injury provided the proof that he was virtually the entire offense all by himself.

But unfortunately to those fans that live in the past and cannot clearly move on, here a few things they just need to realize:
  1. Tony Romo is never going to be the QB for the Dallas Cowboys, ever again
  2. Dez Bryant is never going to be a WR for the Dallas Cowboys, ever again
  3. Jason Witten is never going to be a TE for the Dallas Cowboys, ever again
  4. DeMarcus Ware is never going to be a Pass Rusher for the Dallas Cowboys, ever again
  5. Jimmy Johnson is never going to be a Coach for the Dallas Cowboys, ever again
Even if I would love 4 of 5 of those things to happen (sorry, I believe Dez Bryant was extremely over hyped during his NFL career), I'm also wise enough to realize, none of those will happen again. And no amount of me complaining and whining on a Fan Forum is ever going to change it.

So while I can admit, that almost every player on this roster could be upgraded, "even Dak", I am also aware that there are plenty of current NFL players that are worse than just about every starter Dallas has, "even Dak".

Even for players that I have never cared too much for, like Jeff Heath, I can see the Good AND Bad plays he makes, and realize that EVERY NFL player makes good and bad plays. It seems that most fans fail to remember that players get paid on BOTH sides of the ball.

In conclusion, I too would replace Romo for Dak in a heartbeat.

But unlike you, it's not because "Dak is garbage". The ONLY reason I do it is because IMO, Tony Romo is near HOF caliber. But the thing I am sure that would piss you off the most, I keep Dak and give him some Real NFL Quality Coaching and prepare for him to be the "QB of the Future". I believe with the right circumstances, Dak could also become HOF-esqe, but not by numbers, like Tony Romo is, but the fact that the guy is simply a Winner and may be the most Clutch QB in the NFL right now not named Tom Brady.

Which leads me to another thing that puzzles me. Why must it be Tony Romo OR Dak Prescott? It's amazing that fans seems to believe it is illegal to be fans of BOTH QBs, but for different reasons.

As always, JMHO

Reaction score
It’s now a passing league, high flying league. It’s not “sexy” to run the ball. Smash mouth football is dying and the NFL set-up the game with new rules for Fantasy Footballers / Fan Duelers to make it exciting to throw for 500 yards a game and end up with a final score of 54-51.

The new generation of football fans don’t understand the advantage of a power run offense and controlling the clock. So, Dak isn’t popular because he’s not a gunslinger. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, fans these days just want to see long bomb throws all day and don’t care if they go 0-16 while doing it.
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: :huh:

I'm all for being a running/ smash mouth team but Dak needs to progress to the point that he's capable of consistently making teams pay for single coverage and ganging up on the run. Until then the Cowboys cannot even be a "smash mouth" team. I think there's still hope for him and would like nothing more than for him to be the franchise QB but I'm concerned at the lack of progress.

InTheZone

Reaction score
It’s now a passing league, high flying league. It’s not “sexy” to run the ball. Smash mouth football is dying and the NFL set-up the game with new rules for Fantasy Footballers / Fan Duelers to make it exciting to throw for 500 yards a game and end up with a final score of 54-51.

The new generation of football fans don’t understand the advantage of a power run offense and controlling the clock. So, Dak isn’t popular because he’s not a gunslinger. It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, fans these days just want to see long bomb throws all day and don’t care if they go 0-16 while doing it.
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: :huh:
unpopular because I don't want to see us win or lose the game only completing 4 yard passes all game and seeing him struggle with anything beyond 10 yards. If Zeke and the defense aren't carrying, Dak is usually struggling. When those two click is when you'll see Dak successful with his checkdowns. He's consistent in that he won't get you more or less regardless of the run game and defense, but it's a limitation I'm not fond of. Edit: Basically he's Tim Tebow with a bigger fanbase than he had in Denver, not sure why that is.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yet I'm sure fans like you would have replaced Romo for virtually anyone else "in a heartbeat" BEFORE his injury provided the proof that he was virtually the entire offense all by himself.

But unfortunately to those fans that live in the past and cannot clearly move on, here a few things they just need to realize:
  1. Tony Romo is never going to be the QB for the Dallas Cowboys, ever again
  2. Dez Bryant is never going to be a WR for the Dallas Cowboys, ever again
  3. Jason Witten is never going to be a TE for the Dallas Cowboys, ever again
  4. DeMarcus Ware is never going to be a Pass Rusher for the Dallas Cowboys, ever again
  5. Jimmy Johnson is never going to be a Coach for the Dallas Cowboys, ever again
Even if I would love 4 of 5 of those things to happen (sorry, I believe Dez Bryant was extremely over hyped during his NFL career), I'm also wise enough to realize, none of those will happen again. And no amount of me complaining and whining on a Fan Forum is ever going to change it.

So while I can admit, that almost every player on this roster could be upgraded, "even Dak", I am also aware that there are plenty of current NFL players that are worse than just about every starter Dallas has, "even Dak".

Even for players that I have never cared too much for, like Jeff Heath, I can see the Good AND Bad plays he makes, and realize that EVERY NFL player makes good and bad plays. It seems that most fans fail to remember that players get paid on BOTH sides of the ball.

In conclusion, I too would replace Romo for Dak in a heartbeat.

But unlike you, it's not because "Dak is garbage". The ONLY reason I do it is because IMO, Tony Romo is near HOF caliber. But the thing I am sure that would piss you off the most, I keep Dak and give him some Real NFL Quality Coaching and prepare for him to be the "QB of the Future". I believe with the right circumstances, Dak could also become HOF-esqe, but not by numbers, like Tony Romo is, but the fact that the guy is simply a Winner and may be the most Clutch QB in the NFL right now not named Tom Brady.

Which leads me to another thing that puzzles me. Why must it be Tony Romo OR Dak Prescott? It's amazing that fans seems to believe it is illegal to be fans of BOTH QBs, but for different reasons.

As always, JMHO

My gosh you’re a freakin’ windbag.

GenoT

Reaction score
I keep thinking that Dak might improve quicker by being under the tutelage of an experienced professional QB coach (you know, maybe someone with a proven track-record?), rather than Dak being “developed” while also acting as some sort of “My First School Project” so that Scott Linehan’s man-crush, rookie coach Kellen Moore, can learn his job by trial and error.

Last edited:

ClintDagger

Reaction score
It’s pretty simple. The fanbase turns against a guy when the mainstream turns against him. When the local columnists, the local sports talk, the national analysts like Aikman, even the homer radio announcers... When all of those people turn on the qb the fanbase will be very close behind.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It’s pretty simple. The fanbase turns against a guy when the mainstream turns against him. When the local columnists, the local sports talk, the national analysts like Aikman, even the homer radio announcers... When all of those people turn on the qb the fanbase will be very close behind.

Simpler than that. Way simpler in Texas.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I am not sold on Dak. But now that he has a number 1 receiver, I'm willing to see...I love pounding the rock. We need to pound the rock 35-40 times against the Saints.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Since you apparently rather have a "no, you're stupid" argument instead of one that might provide perspective and contain some analytical thought process to it, then I will just simply say ....

Thanks.
:thumbup:

Your post was a spot-on textbook example of what a strawman is, lol.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
The disturbing thing is that the cowboys coaching staff has such irresponsibility and a lack of proper reasoning, that they put kellen moore as 'QB coach' without a single day of experience . Not as a highschool coach, nor as a college assistant .

Abosolutely zero experience .
& people are doubtful of his 'mechanics' ?... LOOK AT THIS COACH !

CCBoy

Reaction score
He is unpopular because his coaches are living in the past and can't game plan to his strengths.

Teams have accumulated film on what Dak is good at, and now are getting film on where Cooper can burn you...Things will be getting very interesting come December, for sure...and we will all go stone faced or have a smile on our face. I'm not holding my breath on game plans and executions from half times.

But we shall see...

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
See , this is the point.

The Chiefs got rid of Alex Smith for a reason!!!

The Chiefs were a playoff team last year and they still got rid of their "good enough" QB because they wanted to win!!

Dak Prescott is a QB that will never be able to get over the hump against the good teams.
Just look at this year against winning team's.

Why can't fans understand this?

We're already chalking up the Saints game as a loss because they have a better QB so why would we beat anyone else in the playoffs?

The Chiefs made the right call when they upgraded the most important position on their team. Mahomes didn't just magically land on their roster, they moved up to draft him!
They could have said "gee, Alex is good enough to win he's gotten us to the playoffs multiple times" but they knew there was only so much a bus driver could do against good teams.

On top of all that , Dak has a top 5 Defense , top 5 running game , and we barely eek out wins against bad team's!

It's only going to get worse if Jerry pays the man because you will have to go cheap on defense and does anyone trust Dak to win with Romo type defenses?

They upgraded their QB because they didn't want to pay their QB big bucks.

Secondly, the reason why we don't blow out teams is that once we have a slight lead, Garrett goes conservative. Our coach doesn't have a killer instinct.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The disturbing thing is that the cowboys coaching staff has such irresponsibility and a lack of proper reasoning, that they put kellen moore as 'QB coach' without a single day of experience . Not as a highschool coach, nor as a college assistant .

Abosolutely zero experience .
& people are doubtful of his 'mechanics' ?... LOOK AT THIS COACH !

Kellen Moore is the worst QB coach in the NFL. Not a single ounce of experience. Heck, I would take Marc Sanchez as QB over him. At least Sanchez has played as a starter and gotten into the playoffs.

Its like the blind leading the blind.

CCBoy

Reaction score
fans arent stupid. Some in here have watched Aikman (maybe even Staubauch) and then Romo. Those were elite passers with clean, accurate & timely throws. Dak for past 12 games was ranked #26 QB. This isn't difficult to dissect why some aren't all in Dak. The good news is Dak still has 1 1/2 year to win most over.

I even watched the 'lil General, Dallas' first quarterback...and none of those mentioned, flat footed and backed up missing a sure touchdown from non-chalantingly delivering a throw. Delivery is a problem for Dak, still.