Is Dak worth his contract?

• YES

Votes: 44 38.9%
  • NO

Votes: 69 61.1%

• Total voters

jwitten82

Reaction score
My point is.....what's the point of paying Zack and Tyron if the linemen aren't going to perform well? WE can go far cheaper at those positions if the line itself is going to stink.
Because Martin and Tyron deserve their deals, we just have to upgrade the other positions on the line

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
His demise will start from guys like Micah in the lockerroom having there hard work go for not due to the ineptness of the offense not being able to produce.
Once that starts its only a matter of time when Pied Piper Dakko hits the bench.....

I think it really starts to wear on the fan base when the exodus of star players start leaving because the team can’t afford to keep them thanks to that albatross of a contract handed to a very very average QB

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You know he's a fraud when his supporters try to deflect blame to others.

When you sign that deal you become the man. You're being paid to carry the team. If you can't do that then you shouldn't be paid like you can.

I think any reasonable viewer can see Dak Prescott can't do that.
:laugh: Stick to your schtick of being a Wentz homer. Talking actual football ain't it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Zoners. It seems like most posters on this forum are in agreement we are devoting an enormous amount of our cap to a QB who is essentially a top of the line bus driver. I have seen some posters on here in the past who obviously understand the cap much better than I. I am wondering if one of them can hazard a guess as to when we can realistically turn the page on the Dak era and move on from his massive contract? I am reflecting back to last off season when it seemed like the Eagles were completely hosed with the Wentz contract, and somehow, some way Roseman not only trades him, but it looks like there are going to get a first round pick back to boot!! I feel like we will just continue the 25 year ride down the toilet until we take our chances and hitch our wagon to a highly drafted QB. And don't bring up Brady because no sane person thinks finding the best player in the history of the game in the 6th round is going to happen in our lifetimes. And don't bring up Romo we won nothing with him either. Thanks.

Turn in your fan card. Get lost. We wont miss you......................

gmb1

Reaction score
Jerry is smarter than the rest of us apparently. He believes in his team and his coach. :grin:

Trendnet

Reaction score
You guys keep reminding us of that...but how much money was sitting at home on the couch this week? How much money SHOULD'VE been sitting on the couch this week?

Lawrence - 20 million
Amari - 20 million
La'El Collins - 15 million
Zeke - 15 million
Blake Jarwin - 5.5 million
Never mind the money wasted on Jaylon Smith....

And on another note.....La' El gets 15 million, Zack Martin gets 14 million...Tyron Smith gets 12 million.....that sure is a lot of money for a piss poor offensive line.

Dak Prescott is 16-15 in his last 31 starts.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m just trying to remind myself that this is a Cowboys fan forum and homers are going to homer. Especially for their QB.

I mean we fought tooth and nail for Quincy Carter so of course Dak will have his delusionals.
Says the guy who said Micah Parsons is the next Jaylon Smith...but proceed.

Shane612

Reaction score
You guys keep reminding us of that...but how much money was sitting at home on the couch this week? How much money SHOULD'VE been sitting on the couch this week?

Lawrence - 20 million
Amari - 20 million
La'El Collins - 15 million
Zeke - 15 million
Blake Jarwin - 5.5 million
Never mind the money wasted on Jaylon Smith....

And on another note.....La' El gets 15 million, Zack Martin gets 14 million...Tyron Smith gets 12 million.....that sure is a lot of money for a piss poor offensive line.
Where you going with this?
I hope you're point is that cows have too many dead weight.
:huh::facepalm:

Slick

Reaction score
You said it long ago and you were wrong then and you are wrong now. He surely ain't the reason you don't have a top flight defense.
He's thrown behind his receivers for years. Still does.

I thought there was serious improvement early on, but he's still Dak. You apparently don't need to play top 5 to be paid it.

I'm not hating on him. I like him, but he's overpaid. You should understand the difference.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're 40 million quarterback just cannot miss six targets a game when you never know which first down may lead to a successful drive and points.
He can't miss 6 targets a game? So how many is he allowed to miss? What do you think is adequate for 40 million a year that you're paying?

Dak Prescott is 16-15 in his last 31 starts.
What's Tyron Smith in his last 31 starts? Or Zeke? Or Lawrence? What's your point?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I think that you are making a lot of assumptions based on a vocal minority and are likely to realize that soon enough in the replies to this thread.
I can accept opinions will vary. But still I'd like to know realistically when we have any prayer of getting out of this nightmare.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Its funny I keep hearing about what Dak gets paid....but I mean even if you are getting paid significantly less than Dak.....15 million for Collins is robbery at this point.

It is....which is why his feet are being put to the fire here as well......its not just a Dak thing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of team dysfunction, but in the long or even medium term it would probably be a good thing if Micah got so frustrated that he gave Dak another beat down in the locker room. Maybe that would motivate Jerry to move on from Dak if he felt he had to choose between the two.

Why would Micah beat down a QB that had 375 yards passing, 2 TD's, zero picks, and a 106 QBR with Cooper and Lamb out? A 3rd TD called back because of penalty. Dak was a star last night.

Poor guy. You were probably getting all excited at halftime with this exact thought, then Dak came out and made you look silly.

Heck Micah is probably patting Dak on the back as the only guy to show up on offense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Because Martin and Tyron deserve their deals, we just have to upgrade the other positions on the line

No we don’t. Our offensive line is more than fine.

Im down for an upgrade anytime you need one but this having to have the best players at every position in order for Dak to be good is ridiculous.

Our players that you guys think need replacing start for 90% of the league.

Dak has it really really really good as far as Oline goes. Opposing teams are jealous of our Oline situation.

But a guard is just going to suddenly make Dak the QB we need him to be? Get out of here with that crap.

Dak needs to help Dak. Stop waiting on a savior and go save yourself. Youre the freaking QB! Make a play!

Shane612

Reaction score
Says the guy who said Micah Parsons is the next Jaylon Smith...but proceed.
You never know how a player will turn out.
J. Smith was a monster in his earlier year, too, but look where he is now.
YOU NEVER KNOW.