Is Daks calf strain a concern?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He was wearing a boot yesterday and needed assistance getting off the field Sunday. MRI today.

It’s on the same leg he had multiple surgeries on his gruesome ankle injury.

Gallup has been out for several weeks with a Calf strain. Martin last year missed some games with a similar injury.

Hopefully the bye week will be enough time to recover and it’s only a mild strain. We should learn more in coming days.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He was wearing a boot yesterday and needed assistance getting off the field Sunday. MRI today.

Gallup has been out for several weeks with a Calf strain. Martin last year missed some games with a similar injury.

Hopefully the bye week will be enough time to recover and it’s only a mild strain. We should learn more in coming days.
some what....any injury of any type is a concern....hopefully he has two week to heal and get back.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Just depends.. So glad Dallas has a bye. To what degree is it tweaked is the big question?

Jipper

Reaction score
It's a concern bc he's the most important position on the team

However, sounds like it's a manageable injury and will not have a long term impact.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I think he’ll be ready for Minnesota. If not, I’m confident the coaches will have Rush ready. The one good think that had happened since MM took over is depth and coaching guys up…

This team, and organization feel different…

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's a concern because he's not 100%.

If he says he can play then I will go with that, but I'm concerned anytime our guys are not 100%.

Cydios

Reaction score
Injury is always a concern. 2 weeks to recover. You gotta wonder if he leans more on the right leg because of his injury on the left.

Scotman

Reaction score
some what....any injury of any type is a concern....hopefully he has two week to heal and get back.
This is exactly where I'm at. His attitude about it makes me think that it felt minor at the time. Great time for the bye week.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Unrelated to his ankle injury, so why even bring it up?
It's a calf sprain. The boot was a precaution. That word means Prescott and the team are playing it safe.
He was shooting hoops in the locker room, I don't think it's a huge deal.
And extra week will ease the misery.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Yes. I think Dak will end up missing 1-2 games. I'd rather Dak miss a couple games now than re-aggravate it and make it a worse injury and end up missing the rest of the season though.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
One or two weeks rest does nothing for a calf strain and rest is the only thing that will make it better. We should be planning on Dak being out for a few games. We have a big enough lead in our division to afford to sit Dak. So what if we hand victories to the Vikings and Broncos. Dak is the kind of guy that wants to play and thus his own worse enemy with an injury of this nature. Someone that he will listen to needs to sit him down and tell him in no uncertain terms, he is not playing until at least week 10 or 11. Until then he should remain off that leg and get constant messages and hydrotherapy on that calf.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on the severity of the strain. I am sure there are different degrees of a strain.
Of course we will not be told any straight answers until mid next week, as for Dak being at full practice or not.
So much for an easy 2 weeks after a win for the bye week.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, thank god we have the back-up QB spot nailed down............ oh wait......

aikemirv

Reaction score
There are a couple people in IR with a calf strain in the NFL so yes I am a bit concerned. I don't think we will know what level Dak's is at until mid next week.

Reaction score

Absolutely it is.

Mostly because you can't trust what comes out of the Star. "day to day" turns into near amputation.

Gallup went out with a calf strain. He's been out a month.

My gut tells me he will be ok. But until he gets on the practice field, we just won't know

Last edited: