Is Dalton the best cowboys QB since Romo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is getting stupid. Whether Dak is worth 40 million is definitely a debate. But don’t put Andy Dalton in his class. Andy isn’t a bad player. But he doesn’t sniff the top 10 QBs in the league.

Dak is a top 10 QB. Period. 40 million for anybody not named Mahomes. Rogers or Wilson is tough on an organization . But I rather roll my dice with that than try to find a QB
and if this team with andy made it to the SB and beat KC 38-37 you would still say the same thing lol.
or that andy was a good bus driver, but with dak will be even better!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I think Dalton is the most talented QB since Romo he has shown accuracy and made throws using ball placement that you want out of your QB. Dalton hasnt been throwing to these WRs that long and he will get better with more time. I think Dak is probably the hardest worker out of the 3 and he gets the most out of what he has but he just doesnt have the accuracy.

Disagree.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Dak isn't inaccurate. He can get the ball to the WR but he does have issues with ball placement at times. He has a tendency to throw it a little high or a little behind. The WR can still make the catch but it makes it more difficult and may be part of the reason our WR's seem to drop a lot of passes when he is playing QB. Many QB's have issues like that but I feel when you are wanting to be one of the highest paid QB's you should have better control of that.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, not accurate at all..

giphy.gif
:laugh:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The OP takes the issue further than I would. However, I do suspect that no matter how much the receivers like Dak as a person if you asked them which person put the ball where they wanted it more consistently it would be Andy. They won't say it publicly of course but that would really answer the question.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The OP thinks he looks good letting everyone know how dumb he truly is?

What an _________ (<<<fill in the blank)!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The OP takes the issue further than I would. However, I do suspect that no matter how much the receivers like Dak as a person if you asked them which person put the ball where they wanted it more consistently it would be Andy. They won't say it publicly of course but that would really answer the question.
What a bunch of crap!

Yeah, I guess that's why our receivers were gaining at least double the production with Dak throwing them the football this season?

Some people love showing how ignorant they truly are on social media.
:facepalm:

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
The ignorance and salt is HUGE within this thread. But, have at it. Need some mindless entertainment today.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dalton is best backup we’ve had by far this era but I don’t think he’d beat Dak out.

That said , Dalton might could be starting at a few franchises.

Last edited:

Vandyr

Reaction score
This is getting stupid. Whether Dak is worth 40 million is definitely a debate. But don’t put Andy Dalton in his class. Andy isn’t a bad player. But he doesn’t sniff the top 10 QBs in the league.

Dak is a top 10 QB. Period. 40 million for anybody not named Mahomes. Rogers or Wilson is tough on an organization . But I rather roll my dice with that than try to find a QB

Ehhh....I'd rather have him than Dalton, probably, but Dak does not elevate or carry the team He completely relies on the talent around him, just like Dalton. I feel like Dalton is more accurate than Dak, and can obviously read defenses better than Dak, but he's also not as physical as Dak and they both seem to lack pocket awareness.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I don't think he is even the best back up the Cowboys have ever had. However, he is just what they needed this year to challenge the putrid NFCE in the absence of Dak. Jerry is like the broken clock. He manages to be right 2/24 times.

Silly

Reaction score
While Dakota was putting up garbage time numbers, but not reeling in the team to get victories.

It seems the Red Riffle has put this team on his back, fired them up, and has been carrying us to victory.

I say we pay Dalton, and build more defense through the draft. Since we can't draft a good QB anymore with our plummet in the draft.

Feels good to finally have a great QB

#DontpayDak
#PayAndyDalton

I thought the announcers during the game said that Egals corner was a walk on and gave up like 184 yards before they pulled him from the game?

Good wr and qb should win that matchup. I don't know if that is special.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While Dakota was putting up garbage time numbers, but not reeling in the team to get victories.

It seems the Red Riffle has put this team on his back, fired them up, and has been carrying us to victory.

I say we pay Dalton, and build more defense through the draft. Since we can't draft a good QB anymore with our plummet in the draft.

#DontpayDak
#PayAndyDalton
Some of you guys are going nuts over a single very good game by Dalton. And you also completely ignore that it is much easier to win when the defense gives up 17 points than it is when the defense gives up 30-40 points like when Dak was playing.

Time to tap the brakes a bit and take the time to reason through what's going on.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think Dalton is the most talented QB since Romo he has shown accuracy and made throws using ball placement that you want out of your QB. Dalton hasnt been throwing to these WRs that long and he will get better with more time. I think Dak is probably the hardest worker out of the 3 and he gets the most out of what he has but he just doesnt have the accuracy.
Wait, there's someone that actually agrees with this thread?

Frozen is a troll, you legitimately believe this?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Ehhh....I'd rather have him than Dalton, probably, but Dak does not elevate or carry the team He completely relies on the talent around him, just like Dalton. I feel like Dalton is more accurate than Dak, and can obviously read defenses better than Dak, but he's also not as physical as Dak and they both seem to lack pocket awareness.

So did Aikman.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

#DontpayDak
#PayAndyDalton
This has to be a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.