Is Denzel Mims a good 2023 move

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys called NY about Mims after preseason, and supposedly the Jets wanted a conditional 5th that would be a 4th if he went over 500 receiving yards.

Fast forward to now and Mims is tearing it up in NY to the tune of 1 catch for 4 yards. You have to think that right now, you could probably get Mims for a 7th, or a guy like Basham.

I dont think a Mims trade does alot for you right now. However, given his production this year, you could be buying low on a former 2nd round pick (and a guy that was projected to be a late 1st).

More importantly though, I think getting him in the building now, around the team and practicing in our offense could put him in a position to where he is competing for a 3rd WR spot in 2023. If you can get Mims going, you could have a big bodied WR with deep speed

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Absolutely I would be happy picking up Mims.

We’re getting a ton of comp picks and have a young roster. I will take the talent instead of the late picks
If you are talking a conditional 7th, or even a straight up 7th then I think it is a no brainer. Given how little they are using him, I dont think Mims makes their 2023 final roster

Mr_437

Reaction score
Mims is the WR I'm looking at, but maybe they have something better in mind.