Is Dez Bryant A Bust

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I'm not saying he's not AS BAD as a bust. The dude's stealing money the past 2 years with his contract. He needs to take a payout or step up. Period.

Dez certainy hasn’t lived up to his contract extension but prior to 2015 he was a terrific player. His production the first five years of his career is what earned him that contract. Regardless where his career ends up he’ll never go down as a bust. His drop off in production is due to the QB change and the foot and ankle surgery after the 2015 season which cost him some speed and quickness. Romo was much better for his game than Dak.

They had great chemistry but Dak is a different type QB than Romo. To have success with Dez you have to take some chances with 50-50 balls and tight window throws which are throws Dak isn’t comfortable with. If the QB and receiver aren’t on the same page it’s going to lead to turnovers.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not an interesting topic at all, as suggested in the OP. It's idiotic. Maybe it's a bit disappointing that he didn't quite maintain the status as an elite receiver, but anyone that would call him a "bust" doesn't understand the meaning of the word, or the context of it related to NFL players.

junior21

Reaction score
not a bust....play calling is way too conservative and predictable....also I've wondered how much that call in the Green Bay game....the catch/no catch call got into his head...wish he'd put up bigger numbers....the lack of 100 yard games is shameful for his salary.

sean10mm

Reaction score
It's like people don't know what words mean. Even if you think Dez has stunk it up the last 3 seasons and is pretty well done, he's still not a bust. His first 5 seasons of good to great play still happened.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I can't believe people are even mentioning Dak. Sure Dak has accuracy problems but the times he did get the ball to Dez he was dropping them. Too many people forget that even with Romo as the QB Dez would disappear against good teams. Dez Bryant has been inconsistent his whole career. He is a bust for the money he is getting and has regressed to the point of being a #2 and that's all he is. Time to say goodbye he just isn't worth it.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I can't believe people are even mentioning Dak. Sure Dak has accuracy problems but the times he did get the ball to Dez he was dropping them. Too many people forget that even with Romo as the QB Dez would disappear against good teams. Dez Bryant has been inconsistent his whole career. He is a bust for the money he is getting and has regressed to the point of being a #2 and that's all he is. Time to say goodbye he just isn't worth it.

"Back up off 88 right now, and trust me – give it time,” he said. “This was a tough year for the Dallas Cowboys. Nobody’s talking about the thing that hung over their head all year long. It was a tough year. I say let’s reload, shoot one more shot next year. Things don’t go down, then you start making changes.”

Mikie Irvin givin Dez da love. Hey Mikey. It be bruva love