Is Garrett still safe

CowboyChris

Reaction score
what if the Cowboys come across a coach they really want to hire, but he wants to be the HC. would the Jones boys sack Garrett?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on the guy. But they’re not sacking Garrett for anybody currently available.

Next year, though, might be his last. We’ll see what they do at OC, and then with Dak. I don’t think they extend Garrett this season. The only way they might is if they thought they could land a ringer at OC if the staff had more runway. But there’s no real ringer available.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
might depend on how the FO interprets the turn around. Was it the FO that canned Alexander and brought in Cooper , contemplated sacking Linehan at the break? Depends on how much Garrett had to do with it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bill Belicheck would never consider working for the Jones Family.......JG is safe for now ....

Buzzbait

Reaction score
When has Garrett ever been unsafe? Oh he's been unsafe plenty of times here, but never unsafe with Jerry.
He went 8-8 3 years in a row and if Jerry wavered, he didn't show it. maybe if he went 1-15 three years in a row...….maybe. LOL

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I don't think Payton is gonna leave the saints to be Jerry's puppet. That would be a shocker.

I could see Romo being the OC or QB coach. You know Jerrah would overpay just for Romo to be back w a star

I doubt very seriously that Jerry is gonna fire Jason for Payton. Lol.

Payton has a big ego just like Jerry and he coaches a dual rb offense and Jerry wants a league leading rusher

Last edited:

Londonboy

Reaction score
Let's be realistic, no Team that I can remember has sacked a Coach Who went 7-1 down the stretch and won a playoff game, it's not gonna happen.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Players would revolt if they made a change after this turnaround. They love him and credit him for the 8-2 record down the stretch.

The defense and Cooper was the reason why they went on an 8-2 stretch. Garrett really started to coach when he was in the hot seat as well.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Is Garrett still safe? Why not ask if a plane has wings or a car has wheels. You will get the same answer. Teflon Garrett is here to stay.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Payton is gonna leave the saints to be Jerry's puppet. That would be a shocker.

I could see Romo being the OC or QB coach. You know Jerrah would overpay just for Romo to be back w a star

I doubt very seriously that Jerry is gonna fire Jason for Payton. Lol.

Payton has a big ego just like Jerry and he coaches a dual rb offense and Jerry wants a league leading rusher
People need to let the whole Romo thing go. He’s not going to coach anywhere anytime soon.