Is Greg Olson a complete knucklehead?

Starstruck22

Reaction score
The pass interference call, the jersey tug and hold by the db was completely legitimate and the ball landed in the corner of the end zone, which may have landed in the hands of the receiver had he not be held. Just because Olson wanted a more thrilling ending he is willing to make a fool of himself. I am as hard on these officials as anyone and I think most of them are incompetent but in this case just rIdiculous. And i do think the fix is in for officials in Dallas games. Clear as day.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The pass interference call, the jersey tug and hold by the db was completely legitimate and the ball landed in the corner of the end zone, which may have landed in the hands of the receiver had he not be held. Just because Olson wanted a more thrilling ending he is willing to make a fool of himself. I am as hard on these officials as anyone and I think most of them are incompetent but in this case just rIdiculous. And i do think the fix is in for officials in Dallas games. Clear as day.
Yes, yes he's a complete knucklehead!!!!

pansophy

Reaction score
It's a tight call and I think his argument would be that they let those go (and worse) all the time so to call it in that spot is tough. I don't think the tug was enough to think that the WR would have gotten to the ball as thrown. Would Mahomes have thrown a better ball if his guy had a bit more separation instead of effectively throwing it away -- yeah maybe. Olson being an offensive guy carries weight IMO since you would think he would take sides with the WR if it was really interfering.

You do see the jersey tug and even the Eagles CB said he tugged him so you don't hear them complaining, but if that was our guy on the last series of the game getting that tug called against him I wouldn't be happy about it. That stuff happens every play so call it all game if you are going to call it there. I didn't mind Olson arguing the counterpoint even if by the letter it's a fair call.

loublue22

Reaction score
He didn't see the tug at first, he thought the call was when the DB had his hands around the waist later on. When Pereira explained what the call was actually for, he clearly didn't want to backtrack.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Personally, I believe he's one of the better sportscaster in the game. Very knowledgeable!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Well half the football world is saying the same thing, so it's not some whacky out of nowhere opinion. It's not like he had a temper tantrum or went Stephen A Smith on TV,...he just said he didn't like that call after they had let both teams "play" all game.

I'm pretttyyy sure, if everyone in here was completely honest, that if we were playing in the Super Bowl, and THAT call made the difference in them getting getting 3 pts there, with us having 1 minute and a half and a TO to tie or win the SuperBowl, vs never having the chance to legitimately touch the ball again....there would be 19 million threads in here crucifying that ref.

Don't lie and say there wouldn't be.

Olsen said he didn't like the call. No big whoop.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look in the mirror.

buddahjoe445

Reaction score
I'm surprised Olsen didn't say anything about Smith Schuster running out of bounds at 4:37 on final drive. It stopped the clock when KC was trying to run time. It could have been huge if PHI got the ball back. I don't understand how so many players don't understand situational football.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I completely disagree with everything you posted.

Asklesko

Reaction score
No. Dude is right to want a fair and full competition, not one decided by a questionable call that cancels the whole last two minutes of a great game.

vlad

Reaction score
We still have ppl whining about the dez catch; which is incredibly pathetic imho. …I thought the call was a bit much and the eagles shockingly handled it way better than our team like dak blaming refs or encouraging fans to boo the refs (can’t re all exactly). if that was against us those same posters would be crying bloody murder

i think Olsen is great at his job.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
In the biggest games, refs should largely let the game play out - hold up on the flags unless it’s absolutely obvious.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
In the biggest games, refs should largely let the game play out - hold up on the flags unless it’s absolutely obvious.
So a little tug on the receiver puts off every timing route....great for the fans of a 3-0 Defense Fest. Unless it's absolutely obvious???? that's why the flag was thrown.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Olson is a fart sniffer that thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. Just listen 2 him ramble lecturing us rather than saying less. He's an ARSE. It was a flag any day of the week. Never seen an announcer so Butt hurt in my life. Dude never shuts up. He had already crowned the Eagles and Hurts. That IS the real issue here. I sense his sour grapes.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He made a fool of himself the whole game.
he was acting butt hurt. Where was his outrage when the refs missed the fact Goedert was out of bounds juggling a ball on the sidelines? Funny that he didn't protest that when it was very obvious to us.

Rayman70

Reaction score
might I add, was THAT the best team they can come up with to call the game? Just sayin.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
might I add, was THAT the best team they can come up with to call the game? Just sayin.
Fox did a terrible job at getting better B teams while Troy and Buck were there. Have to imagine Tom steps in in 2024.

Also, I gotta say. People hate on the A teams all the time, but reality is they're far and away the best.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The increased game coverage over the years has been good for the the fan, but its has also exposed the the lack of talent covering the games. It is what it is.