Is he worth two 1st rounders?... Dwight Freeney

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Dwight Freeney that is. Heck, I don't know if he could play standing-up in a 3-4. I just know he gets to the QBs. It's blown-up in our face before w/ Joey Galloway, BUT isn't Freeney worth the risk?! He just turned 27 y.o. and is the BEST pass-rusher on earth.....

This could be our starting LBs: Ware (6-4 260), Ayodele (6-2 250)/James (6-2 245), Carp (6-2 255), Freeney (6-1 265)

What do ya'll think?:confused:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
theogt;1388409 said:
His 5.5 sacks this year were ming-boggling.

kinda hard to get sacks when the hole line shifts to block you

adamknite

Reaction score
the kid 05;1388410 said:
kinda hard to get sacks when the hole line shifts to block you

Still not worth 2 first rounders though..... Then again I only see one player in the NFL who is worht 2 first rounders and he isn't going anywhere and that's LeDainian (sp).

Shaun

Reaction score
adamknite;1388413 said:
Still not worth 2 first rounders though..... Then again I only see one player in the NFL who is worht 2 first rounders and he isn't going anywhere and that's LeDainian (sp).

There are probably a couple of others. Could you imagine what the offense would look like with Brady or Manning?

But their GM's would never trade them for 2 firsts.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Even if we still ran the 4-3 i'd say no, just because of the fact he doesn't play the run well enough. If i'm gonna give 2 #1s and a HUGE contract i'd want a guy that can rush and STILL play the run like Haley,Bruce Smith, etc. Paying a guy the kind of cash DF is gonna get and trading 2 #1s as well, and then switching him to OLB would be a monumental gamble and could make us look like the ViQueens in the Walker trade before it was all over. I mean in this market the guy's gonna get 50-60 million and 15 up front.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
5mics;1388408 said:
Dwight Freeney that is. Heck, I don't know if he could play standing-up in a 3-4. I just know he gets to the QBs. It's blown-up in our face before w/ Joey Galloway, BUT isn't Freeney worth the risk?! He just turned 27 y.o. and is the BEST pass-rusher on earth.....

This could be our starting LBs: Ware (6-4 260), Ayodele (6-2 250)/James (6-2 245), Carp (6-2 255), Freeney (6-1 265)

No sir....he is not worth two first rounders, not to the Cowboys anyway.

cowboyed

Reaction score
2 first rounders for any player, never again. The Joey Galloway acquisition killed us.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
NO!!!!

We've been there done that.........and we paid the piper. ;)

joseephuss

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1388434 said:
he's tagged so who cares

I think that was the point. A franchise tagged players usually costs 2 first round picks to get.

No, he is not worth that much.

adamknite

Reaction score
Shaun;1388416 said:
There are probably a couple of others. Could you imagine what the offense would look like with Brady or Manning?

But their GM's would never trade them for 2 firsts.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't including superbowl winning/hall of fame QBs when I said that.... lolZ. Let me rephrase that then, I don't think anybody excluding franchise QBs is worth two first rounders except LeDainian.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Freeney is not worth anywhere close to two first rounders, especially by our team

he is not, nor will he ever be an OLB

and he's coming off a mediocre yr

David

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
5mics;1388408 said:

2-1st rounders???? Can I have two of what you're taking buddy? I keep getting these nagging migraines around 4pm:D

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
I can think of maybe 2 players in the league that I might consider worth 2 1st rounders.

Even then I probably wouldn't pull the trigger.

CriscoKidd

Reaction score
that's nice that he can get to the qb.

too bad he was part of the dline that set records for it's ineptitude at stopping the run.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Nobody and I mean nobody is worth 2 draft first round picks.......NOBODY..........especially Joey Gallowaste

BTW......Minnesota is still feeling the effects of when Jerry and Jimmy gave them the ole Texas State Bird in the Herschel trade....