Is Hunter Luepke Our New Turpin?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
they don't have rookie jitters for Schoon. They are just "experimenting " with Hunter.

Funny how for a guy that does not specialize in blocking, but yet the only time he will see time on offense
is in blocking situations, which is a dead giveaway when he comes in.

These coaches already have such low regards for getting our RBs involved an schemed in the pass game,
how much of a chance is Hunter gonna have as a pass catcher ?
We do this a lot I swear, I used to could tell when a run was coming, we'd always put in noah brown and have him line up in the same place and go in motion to block, now this is his job

Mr_437

Reaction score
Never been a fan of making a RB into a FB. Hunter is a big RB with some versatility, but McCarthy has just made him a traditional FB, so don't expect much. I agree with Coog, Hunter should get a few carries a game just to see what he can add to the run game.

rambo2

Reaction score
In a sense that he's a guy that could be helpful to this offense, if we only got him more involved??? I guess it's rookie jitters they have for him, but can we at least line him up as our main running back in a few plays, give him the ball and see what happens?? We might be surprised, please give your thoughts!
I suspect that they use him today or next week.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I agree. It's been a little over 7 months since the draft and he hasn't made me forget about Tony Dorsett or Emmitt Smith yet. Such a slacker.
What a condescending response. You are a mod? I gave a balanced answer Didn’t trash him. The coaches decide who plays. I said I wish he got more chances. Yet for some reason your panties get twisted and you get condescending. Be better. You used to be a good poster.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In a sense that he's a guy that could be helpful to this offense, if we only got him more involved??? I guess it's rookie jitters they have for him, but can we at least line him up as our main running back in a few plays, give him the ball and see what happens?? We might be surprised, please give your thoughts!
Turpin is a playmaker with great speed. Luepke could never do for our offense what Turpin has done. The Cowboys would be using him more if he was an impact player.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Turpin scares people, Luepke doesn’t. Silly thread.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We seem to always slow play developing RB's, TE's and WR unless drafted very early. Pollard and Schultz come to mind.

Kwyn

Reaction score
What a condescending response. You are a mod? I gave a balanced answer Didn’t trash him. The coaches decide who plays. I said I wish he got more chances. Yet for some reason your panties get twisted and you get condescending. Be better. You used to be a good poster.
Who’s in their feelings?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kavonte Turpin: 4.31
Hunter Luepke: 4.56

No.
What the hell does this have to do with anything, it's not about their speed it's about them being used on the offense, if you all were decent enough and didn't understand try asking!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
you don't know what you're talking about either, silly poster, immature, cowardly behaviors as usual!!
I know exactly what I’m talking about. This is a silly thread. If you can’t deal with an honest opinion don’t post. :thumbup:

Eddie

Reaction score
He needs to change the pronunciation of his name so people can yell LOOOOP. When he touches the ball.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Luepke is closer to a LB than an RB. He blocks and he hits people on ST. I don't think he is much of a ball carrier.

conner01

Reaction score
we're saving him for the playoffs?
Lol
I think they are allowing to learn the part of the position he needs the most work on and that’s blocking. He can run the ball, he did that in college. He can catch the ball, he did that in college. Now he needs to learn who, why and how to block. I think that’s the skill he needs to most work on and it’s not easy.