Is Ireland really the silent GM?

jr40usa

Reaction score
Our drafts seem to be getting better. Would Mr. Ireland be the reason. Although JJ has learned some things over the years from his own mistakes.
Whatever the reason keep the same formula working.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Were there any interviews with Ireland this year?(after the draft on the picks)

That was the highlight last year and I haven't heard anything from him.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Interesting because it seemed everybody had a flavor in this draft.

Spencer = Sounds like Wade
Stanbach = Sounds like Jerry
Anderson = Garret
2 Tackles = maybe Soprano

Im sure Jerry has alot of say but I got the feeling he relied heavily on the scouts (2 West Coast picks).

One thing for sure the wheelin -n- dealin is all Jerry. I think he did excellent as to positioning in the draft but as to the picks only time will tell.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
speedkilz88;1480311 said:
Were there any interviews with Ireland this year?(after the draft on the picks)

That was the highlight last year and I haven't heard anything from him.

I am pretty sure he will be on with norm by tuesday.

It was fun watching the cowboys draft recap show last night.

When jerry was talking to the eagles on the phone and they gave their terms, jeff ireland jumped out of his chair and said to jerry whispering, take it take it, then he high fived wade and stephen.

Pretty funny. Tom ciskowski is a super important part of the front office, no one ever talks about him though.

So hopefully we will here from jeff by tuesday with norm.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Maxmadden;1480343 said:
Interesting because it seemed everybody had a flavor in this draft.

Spencer = Sounds like Wade
Stanbach = Sounds like Jerry
Anderson = Garret
2 Tackles = maybe Soprano

Im sure Jerry has alot of say but I got the feeling he relied heavily on the scouts (2 West Coast picks).

One thing for sure the wheelin -n- dealin is all Jerry. I think he did excellent as to positioning in the draft but as to the picks only time will tell.

I would be willing to bet that anderson the fb was in part tony sporanos guy. He coached at connecticut and I bet he had some inside info and really knew the player.

BouncingCheese

Stay out of my Bidness
Reaction score
Jerry loves the attention, but I think that Ireland is really the brains... I am thankful for his prescence. I think that Wade really wanted Spencer, and I think that Wade told Ireland that pre-draft so he could help influence jerrah. Same with Sporano and the offensive line. Jerry pulls the trigger, but I think Ireland is the one controlling the safety switch, also bieng an intermediary between the coordinators.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
jr40usa;1480278 said:
Our drafts seem to be getting better. Would Mr. Ireland be the reason. Although JJ has learned some things over the years from his own mistakes.
Whatever the reason keep the same formula working.

I don't think so. I believe I saw a lot of Jerry's fingerprints on this draft.