Is it a such this as a bad win after seeing our defense let seattle score 35 pts at home?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
A win is a win. If anything, I’m glad we finally won a close one. We need to learn to continue closing in these games.

Eagles are hailed as the best team in the league and all of their games have been close. As long as you come out on top, who cares how close the game is?

Also, don’t forget— NFL is a week to week league. Don’t forget the we beat the Jets, Jets beat the Eagles, Cardinals beat us, etc. We’ll worry about Miami and Buffalo when we get there…

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
The defense was bad, but honestly this team needed a win like that. A hard fought, come from behind, score every drive or die, down to the final play, win. They've been too spoiled with all of the blowouts. They needed to know they could get punched in the mouth over and over, and still come back and win the game. Winning a game like that game tonight is huge.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Makes you think how will they defend offenses led by Hurts, Allen, and Tua? Glad they got the win but that defense was awful tonight and hope its not a carryover to December. I mean this is how I expected the Eagles game to go not Geno Smith lol Well we will see what happens on 12/10
but quinn is a genius.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I'm kinda glad for a close game. It's important to learn how to win those. Winning is a habit. Philly has this figured out. How many times have they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory?

I am a little concerned for the defense. I'm hoping it was a combination of playing 3 games in 11 days, Geno being healthier than normal, and us being caught off guard. They were also backed up against the wall. A cornered animal fights the hardest.

ICP

Reaction score
I would say it's a little concerning but let's see how they do the next 4 games because that should really show us what kind of team this is

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Makes you think how will they defend offenses led by Hurts, Allen, and Tua? Glad they got the win but that defense was awful tonight and hope its not a carryover to December. I mean this is how I expected the Eagles game to go not Geno Smith lol Well we will see what happens on 12/10
no

Proof

Reaction score
geno led the league in completion pct last year and added JSN. they’re a bad matchup for us. it does make me wonder how they handle the dolphins but not the rest of the league, and certainly not the eagles

BHendri5

Reaction score
Hurts is trash!!! Great athlete, actually a rb playing the qb position, that's why they run such a simple dumbed down college offense. Notice how they are getting lucky and the refs helping them win games, their scoring is down this season because the NFL has caught on more to what Hurts does best, throw 50/50 balls to his WRs.
Josh Allen will throw our defense balls ala Bret Favre he believes his arm can fit a ball anywhere.
Tua we just need to get a good hit on him and he will have a seat and not finish the game, but if not it will be a back and forth game and whoever has the ball last will win.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
3 games in 12 days would slow any secondaries wheels down against a very good WR corps.

Pete Carrol knows DQ’s defensive system as DQ knows Pete Carrol’s system. Thus 76 points scored total.

This was as much a must win game for the Hawks this season that there was for them. They were going to take as much risk on either side of the ball to win. We won.

Give this defense 10 days of rest without travel and a bit more of a consistent running game and watch the difference. Our LB’s are thin and we’re using our safety depth to fill gaps there.

Our safeties are looking a bit beat up and they are. Thus not as physical or adept as we’re used to seeing. Rest and better LB depth can aid in this.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
No such thing as a bad win in the NFL. Stop expecting blowouts. That part of the schedule is over.
Indeed. People just think too high of those blow outs. They came against bad teams. This win is absolutely fine as it came by. They were fighting and the offense (Dak) finally proved they can cover for a bad day on defense. This is what a good team needs. Both units doing their job when needed. No one will be perfect all the time, especially against the good teams.

This how wins will look like the next couple of weeks. Close, ugly, deficit exposing and nail biting. This is why I love the NFL. Let's see if the 'boys are up to the task against the real competition.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas had a consecutive home win and by more points than the Eagles did against Dallas.

plymkr

Reaction score
The only bad win is a win that costs you your franchise players due to injury. Like the Jets season opener. Or if we won but lost CD or Micah to an injury. Wins like this I feel are good because we can get the W but know we have a lot of work to do and stay focused.