Is it bad to pray for losses?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hear me out,

I love my Cowboys and want to see them succeed. But after 8 years, I know it wont happen under Garrett. This man still doesn't know how to manage a clock in year 8, and refuses to adjust.

T.O for who he is and what he has done was right on the money. Garrett is running the same offense from when he was here. Its obvious that Romo was the real OC of this team when he was under center.

I hate to say it, but I actually want a very bad season next year. No injuries or anything, but just a horrible year where Jerry has no choice but to let go of his puppet. Ill take a 4-12 season and a top pick for our new HC over another winning season and another year of this nonsense. This man wasted prime years of Romo and Witten, and I don't want to see the same happen to Dak and Elliott. What say you?

condoin125

Reaction score
If you're gonna "pray", then why not simply pray for the coaching staff and players to get better so they can win a title?

foofighters

Reaction score
You want changes then you need to hit Jerry with the only thing that matters. and that's money. As long as he's making money, he will not change anything. Even if he fires JG, nothing is going to change.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
As a fan you typically want your team to win.

Cheering for losses is incomprehensible.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That’s fine . If you believe rooting for a collapse will bring about the change that’s needed.

I’m not sure what our expectations are at this point with Jerry’s agendas?

We’ve had better coaches this era with no better results. If someone can sell me the next puppet will be any better I’m all in.

cern

Reaction score
I hope philly wins the big dance as one more clue to jerry about the importance of a good hc and a good gm. we already know new England has the best of both worlds in belichik who serves both roles. but Pederson and roseman have done an outstanding job with the eagles. far better than garrett and jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As a fan you typically want your team to win.

Cheering for losses is incomprehensible.
I might tend to agree if I truly thought it would bring the changes that are needed. But until the Root of the evil is gone I’m not convinced another puppet will make a considerable difference.

We’ve had an HOFamer and best DC this era come in with no better results.

Maybe it will provide another temporary uplifting emotionally spinning the coaching carousel? Oh boy!!

Roland

Reaction score
I am very tired of the Pats success, over and over add nausea, however, I think I would dislike Philly winning even more. I give them credit where credit is due, they have done a great job and it looks like we will have our hands full against them for a while. And the fact that they continue to win with their back up is worth even more credit. But I just can't seem to root for them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is "bad" to pray for anything involving a football game except to stay healthy.

And you don't have to pray for losses, that happened when they started closing the roof. Last game where He could watch and first game when He couldn't.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just can't see how anyone would want to lose. If some of you knew the work, blood and injuries that players sacrifice for this game. I've seen players and coaches sacrifice their marriage and their families and long term health for this sport. I just can't get myself to ever wish to see those guys lose, even Garrett. Not even for a higher draft choice. Winning is the only pain killer that works on players. Just my two cents.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I actually want a very bad season next year. No injuries or anything, but just a horrible year where Jerry has no choice but to let go of his puppet. Ill take a 4-12 season and a top pick for our new HC over another winning season and another year of this nonsense. This man wasted prime years of Romo and Witten, and I don't want to see the same happen to Dak and Elliott. What say you?

I get the frustration with Garrett, but what makes you think they guy who hired him will get it right the next time around? The one truly successful coach Jerry has had made him miserable because Jerry wasn't in the spotlight. Since Jimmy left it's been Jerry's team - the radio shows, the interviews, trades, you name it - and we've got two decades of .500 ball to show for it. I highly doubt rooting for failure is going to improve upon that.

Jerry's got the stage, his gold jacket, three dusty SB trophies, and a ton of cash, so there's little incentive for him to do anything more than rearrange the deck chairs.

phildadon86

Reaction score
No you don't ......... you started a stupid thread about it.

Its loser mentality and a stupid post.
Wow thanks for the intelligent response. Really happy the educated came out to speak today. I do hate to say it because I have followed this team for over 20 years and saying I want my team to lose to hope for change hurts. And its not a loser mentality. Its called sacrificing one thing to gain another. If we fail next season badly, and Garrett and his 1990s scheme goes with him as well as Linehan we can finally bring the 21st century back to this offense. I know, I have a loser mentality. Lets keep wasting good/great players careers because we don't want to admit losing would be best for the team in the long run.

Reaction score
I have never rooted for the Cowboys to lose and I never will. There have been some posters here that made good arguments that it would be better for the Cowboys to lose X game to get better draft position....but I just can't watch a cowboys game and cheer for the other team. It feels wrong.

Pants

Reaction score
You want changes then you need to hit Jerry with the only thing that matters. and that's money. As long as he's making money, he will not change anything. Even if he fires JG, nothing is going to change.
The irony of the money this team makes and the enormous amount it WOULD make with a successful head coach...if they hired a legit GM tomorrow who would hire a legit HC (not even sure who at this point would want to come to this dumpster fire), dumped Marinelli and named Richard the OC and then dumped Linehan, people would go NUTS with excitement...JJ would see an uptick in $$$ just from that, not to mention the media attention he would receive, fueling his narcissistic tendencies even further...then, take about week and hire your OC the day before the SuperBowl....JJ would be ALL OVER the TV....he win$

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I won't pray for losses until we are just about out of playoff contention. And it doesn't help anyway because the Cowboys don't even know how to tank properly.

Big_D

Reaction score
Honestly It has gotten to the point where I dislike Jerry and Garrett more than I love the Cowboys. It's sad what the team has become. I've been praying for anything to get Garrett the hell out of here because I know any win ultimately doesn't mean much when it's all said and done. Win % is just another crutch Jerry can use to keep his puppet around. I'll be very pleased the day Garrett is gone.. along with a good majority of Cowboy fans.

Xelda

Reaction score
In that Chicago game when Emmitt Smith went over the pile for a first down and landed on his head, I prayed hard for him to be ok. He laid still on the turf and they'd show our players praying for him on the sidelines. I pestered one of the pastors of my church to pray for Emmitt as well. I promised God that I'd never pray for the outcome of any other game if Emmitt would be ok. I've kept my promise with the exception of prayers concerning players health.

I did visit a coworker's wife in a hospice once. She said God had answered all her prayers. I asked her to pray for the Cowboys to win another Super Bowl and she refused. I fear this falls under the separation of Church and Sports.