Is it fair to say Dak will sign very soon?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe just maybe they wanted to see if Lance could eventually be the guy. Do you think Lance had a part in negotiations going slowly, or are they really just waiting it out??

At this point I think things are much clearer, please give your thoughts

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe just maybe they wanted to see if Lance could eventually be the guy. Do you think Lance had a part in negotiations going slowly, or are they really just waiting it out??

If Lance was any part of the equation, then the FO is far more lost than even the most cynical fan realizes

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dak’s fate will be decided if one or two things happen:
1. Jerry folds and signs him to a 60 million APY
2. Jerry doesn’t fold and makes him play out the remainder of his contract.

Lance has nothing to do with it and he never had anything to do with it.
I believe Dak and Jerry would prefer to keep their options open. Dak seems fine playing out his deal and seeing what free agency might bring. Jerry Jones probably wants to see what alternatives at quarterback may be available to him after the season. I’m sure they both understand Dak is going to be expensive next March. It’s worth a lot to both to postpone a decision on a subsequent contract.

Chasing6

Reaction score

"They" maybe the wrong word. "Jerry" wanted to wait and see. There is a reason Jerry made the trade decision on his own.

It's in Jerry's nature to gamble, as the owner he has the right to do that. However, when it fails move on quickly.

Don't be surprised if Jerry doubles and triples down on this gamble in an attempt to prove he was right.

plymkr

Reaction score
I believe Dak and Jerry would prefer to keep their options open. Dak seems fine playing out his deal and seeing what free agency might bring. Jerry Jones probably wants to see what alternatives at quarterback may be available to him after the season. I’m sure they both understand Dak is going to be expensive next March. It’s worth a lot to both to postpone a decision on a subsequent contract.
I agree. Whatever the reasoning it has very little to do with Lance.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Irrelevant what Lance does when it pertains to Daktrash's contract extension.
I believe our future franchise QB is not on the roster as of today.
Dak had his chances and blew it no 2nd bag for the failed one...............

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ceedee signing this week is better odds. Then Dak before game 1. Micah will not be extended until after the year I think.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Nah, Dak will hold out for as long as he can. 70 million is not unrealistic for him.

khiladi

Reaction score
There are plenty of 1 year contracts, including the HC who is “implementing his offense”…. If MM fails, you think Jerry is going to get a new HC, with a new offense, for this scrub QB who they just dumbed down the offense for?

Chasing6

Reaction score
To play for the Cowboys? No.

Another endorsement deal? Likely.
Does anyone believe Dak's endorsement deals automatically become void if he leaves the Cowboys? From the negotiations of Dak's Agent with Jerry, what makes anyone believe that?

If Dak went to NY(or any other team) you don't believe he would have new endorsements immediately?

plymkr

Reaction score
No.

Dak sealed his fate in the playoff game.
Depends what he’s asking. Coming off the playoff game and how poorly the offense played, if he’s asking for 60+APY, NTC,NFT then he won’t get it. I believe, obviously I can’t prove it, that if he asked for 50-55 million he would be signed by now.

JBS

Reaction score
Good thread. Maybe we were waiting to see if flournoy could replace lamb too.