Is it fair to say that Meyer is in the lead

CPanther95

Reaction score
While you say he might as well keep Garrett, Jerry is a master at knowing when he is about to lose his fanbase (ticket and merchandise sales), and he will hire another puppet, put on a spin cycle (just like he did when he said Garrett would have say in all football matters), keep the fanbase and then proceed to pull the strings on his new puppet.

Jerry can't lose ticket sales.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nice post, that's what i was looking for, of course all this is premature, but I can't see how Garrett isn't gone at the end of the year, cause even if we make the playoffs, we will be laughed out of them.

Yep. He’s not coming back.

cern

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that written on this board right after he was hired along with the same poster questioning why his present HC, and a D guy, didn't want to keep him. Now, let me see if I can just remember just who wrote that? Wait, I think it was that guy that wrote "yelling at the two players most necessary to stop the run in LA was probably not the best idea". Yep, pretty sure it was him.
So who was it??

kskboys

Reaction score
actually its not., maybe some fans became fans yesterday or something, but does anyone think Jerry is going to hire and keep someone who draws more attention than himself?

id like to be wrong, but im htinking Meyer is yet another pipe dream for believers
Hard to say. When I saw Jerry after the last game, I saw a guy who was extremely frustrated. It's possible he finally realizes that his way does not work.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Stephen is the one handling this. And even if he isnt. Who are you to say Jerry wont do something? The mob is at the gates right now and Jerry knows he has little time left. He did it with Parcells. Dont be surprised if he does it again.
No the hell he isnt

As much as yall want to hope and believe Jerry the control freak is fading away, it isnt happening.

Western

Reaction score
Ed Werder at the 5:16 minute mark below, believes that Urban is interested in coaching the Cowboys, & that the Cowboys are interested in talking with Urban.

ICP

Reaction score
Knowing Jerry someone stupid is in the lead

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If it is Meyer, I think there are certain concessions the Joneses will have to make regarding the staff. This is a coach with the rep for building and rebuilding teams, to not give him the lead on his own staff would be insane for those are the guys that did the heavy lifting.

What will be interesting are the ones he might keep after having the opportunity to watch them from the outside. Moore and Richard are the most interesting. And just as interesting will be if Garrett ends up in NY, which of these coaches end up there with him?

Does anyone know the coaching contract situation, do all of the contracts expire with Garrett's? I've not seen anything about terms of any coach contracts except Garrett and in case any of you are wondering, the countdown is 20 days, 3 hours, 30 minutes. Happy New Year comes early, me buckaroos.

Good post.

KMoore, Kitna, KRichard, Columbia, Brown, are good coaches

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
1. What makes you think that? Meyer nor anyone from the FO has said anything to speculate us into believing he is the front runner.

2. No. Jerry will not let him have that much power.

3. The same ones we got now, unfortunately. You really think Jerry is going to clean sweep this coaching staff and let the new HC have complete control?
Of course not. The last time he did that, we won 3 sb's. He doesn't want that. ;)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Make no mistake, that was a Garrett deal. Wade tried to hire yet another coach to 'help' Jason because he didn't (and never has) know how to handle the running game aspect of coordinating an offense. Garrett didn't want the help, went to Jerry, and a well-respected coach was totally disrespected and made so uncomfortable that he left.
That’s simply not how most felt it went down . Reeves backed out cause of Jerry not Wade or Jason.

And it was Jerry who undermined Wades authority hiring Garrett first naming him the “ future of the Dallas Cowboys” before naming Wade HC in the most unprecedented dysfunctional manner in NFL history.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If it is Meyer, I think there are certain concessions the Joneses will have to make regarding the staff. This is a coach with the rep for building and rebuilding teams, to not give him the lead on his own staff would be insane for those are the guys that did the heavy lifting.

What will be interesting are the ones he might keep after having the opportunity to watch them from the outside. Moore and Richard are the most interesting. And just as interesting will be if Garrett ends up in NY, which of these coaches end up there with him?

Does anyone know the coaching contract situation, do all of the contracts expire with Garrett's? I've not seen anything about terms of any coach contracts except Garrett and in case any of you are wondering, the countdown is 20 days, 3 hours, 30 minutes. Happy New Year comes early, me buckaroos.
IDK... Meyer might accept the Puppet role more than we think. After all HC’s aren’t held totally accountable in this dysfunctional organization.

This will probably be Myers last hooray anyway. If he was serious about making a mark in the NFL he could go to numerous venues with openings and have full control.

Most likely this will be more of a public pony and dance show for Jerry illustrating he’s willing to hire a Named HC. After a couple years with similar results we’ll be looking again. Maybe someone on his staff will be the next one. I expect the revolving door to increase velocity from here on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ok. Explain Manziel. Ill wait.
Jerry acted like he was interested in Johnny in case he turned out to be a success in the league since he knew he’d be there when our selection came up.

But on the morning of the draft Jerry said unequivocally that he had no intention of drafting Romo’s heir apparent until Romo was done.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Jerry acted like he was interested in Johnny in case he turned out to be a success in the league since he knew he’d be there when our selection came up.

But on the morning of the draft Jerry said unequivocally that he had no intention of drafting Romo’s heir apparent until Romo was done.
So the reporting that Stephen took the card out of his hand is bogus? I dont think so. This team is a lot more like Stephen then Jerry now. Hence the no big FA spending.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So the reporting that Stephen took the card out of his hand is bogus? I dont think so. This team is a lot more like Stephen then Jerry now. Hence the no big FA spending.
If Jerry had wanted to draft Johnny he would have.

I don't believe Jerry ever intended to draft Johnny. Manziel talent and marketability was an attraction and he didn’t want to look a fool passing on him if he was a big hit but it would have created a QB controversy. And Romo had just extended a new contract. Jerry thought Romo was going to play for another 4 of 5 years.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
That’s simply not how most felt it went down . Reeves backed out cause of Jerry not Wade or Jason.
Actually I think he's exactly right. The deal was destroyed by Jerry at the last minute. I remember Reeves making the rounds on all the radio stations that week, so happy to be working here, then Jerry pulled the rug out from under him. It's possible Jerry on his own initiative didn't want Reeves upstaging his young protege but there's a great chance Jason didn't want or think he needed any help and complained.

As for Meyer, somehow I don't see this happening. Sure, he has interest because it is the Yankees of the football world, but I doubt it works out in the end. I think we get some young assistant much like any other team would hire.

Then again, if Parcells can happen, anything is possible.