Is it just assumed signing Amari is a foregone conclusion?

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
On the one hand, other teams see the same concerns as Dallas regarding Cooper's injury struggles and his disappearance. This may make him less valuable than these top market numbers being thrown around.

On the other hand, he has good production, film, and he's 26. He's probably the most appealing FA WR this offseason. There are teams with cap space that need WRs like Cooper. We all know how FA works.

I could see it going either way.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jesus bro..

I feel like I am in an episode of the old BATMAN TV series..

OK BATMAN..

Riddle me this..

In the place were I live..

as for me looking at the details of my electric bill, only if its higher than normal. Right now electricity is low becuz I use propane for heat and in the summer run the electricity to cool.

And it costs me about $20 each a tank for 2 large tanks and they last me about 4 months then in the summer I hardly use them becuz I use electricity for A/C.

What do I live in, BATMAN?

As for DC vs AC question I actually saw this the other day. It was a kid's program and they were talking about power.

They said AC was easier to send down the wires and that DC will corrode motors faster than AC does therefore is not used as much as AC.

Tesla used DC in his research and actually sued Edison over his research using AC as his power source.

Uncle yet?

:thumbup:

Holy Hotties!!!!! Batwoman was a super hottie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
is a foregone conclusion?

Amari has played well with 2 Pro Bowls since arriving but his mysterious dropoff playing at home and especially at the end of the season in hugely important games has to be answered somehow.

Especially since resigning him to help bolster Dak's resigning seems to be assumed.

Basic math says $40 mil per yr for Dak PLUS another $18 mil / yr for Amari equals almost $60 mil / yr for the 2.. times 5 years is about..

$300 mil over 5 years for both.

Does this make financial sense to you guys?

Maybe if under the new CBA we can let players play 2-ways like I did in HS.

But I assume that will not happen.

So..somebody explain how this works out.

And Is it Amari or is it Dak that is causing Amari's backslide?

Has Dak developed an aversion to Amari as he developed with Dez?

If not, what is it?

Is it Moore's playcalling?

Is it Dak's execution?

Amari's execution?

How do we account for Amari's high number of drops?

Was it Garrett's playcalling or pre-game directions that had a negative effect.?

Is Dak's inaccurate throws being overlooked as why Amari has struggled?

Something is the reason.

So as we remix everything going to the draft and after..

should we rethink signing Amari, instead sign Byron Jones and draft a rookie WR and move our other 1000+ yd WR Michael Gallop to #1 WR instead and spend Amari's money's differently?

I am undecided about Cooper and looking to have a viable way to end his high price at a good moment before signing him.

There are several WRs in the draft to replace Amari with and Cobb as well if needed.

We are at a big cross roads with mistakes of the past and looming personel decisions for our new coaching staff to fix.

I prefer to have a grand plan to fix our problems rather than more piece meal answers which cost more each year to fix.

I also have tired of the Jones not accepting responsibility for the state of the team now. All this failure went hand in hand with the Jones keeping most of us in the dark as to real answers. With them its tweak tweak and nothing improved and they build another real estate venture.

While we pay the bills.

Not what I signed on for.

What makes sense to you guys?

:omg:

Good lad, we need Amari. We can only dream how much Amari could accomplish with a Mahomes, a Lamar, a Brees a Brady ... even a Tua ferchrissskes.

Dak and his talents can be had at any 4th to 6th round.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I like him a lot. He made a huge difference for the team. Remember how the passing game was struggling before the team traded for him? I want him to stay on the team, but, with any player, there's a maximum that can be paid without hurting the team at other positions. I hope he can be signed for the right price. If not, if he gets away, this team had better find another solution at WR, preferably through the draft.

kskboys

Reaction score
I like him a lot. He made a huge difference for the team. Remember how the passing game was struggling before the team traded for him? I want him to stay on the team, but, with any player, there's a maximum that can be paid without hurting the team at other positions. I hope he can be signed for the right price. If not, if he gets away, this team had better find another solution at WR, preferably through the draft.
I'd rather sign a decent WR in FA for a moderate price than overpay Amari.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He was made a offer of top 5 money and turned it down. He is gonna want at least 18 a year. After seeing him pout on the sidelines last year I am not sure. I thought he was injured but not sure because he said he was healthy. He is either lying or not.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
A good player if the team can afford him.

Was a horrible decision to trade a first round pick for him without a contract in place. It's possible the team only gets one full season for that first rounder. More than they got from Taco though...

Great point ; for 2 number one pics we got “taco’d” on one and an injured, disappearing Cooper on the second. And they could even make things worse with signing Cooper to a big contract. Pretty bad front office work if you ask me. We could have had 2 good number one pics on rookie contracts.

kskboys

Reaction score
He was made a offer of top 5 money and turned it down. He is gonna want at least 18 a year. After seeing him pout on the sidelines last year I am not sure. I thought he was injured but not sure because he said he was healthy. He is either lying or not.
There is absolutely no reason to pay him 18. That would be stupid, and another contract we'd regret.

glimmerman

Reaction score
There is absolutely no reason to pay him 18. That would be stupid, and another contract we'd regret.
Have a feeling that’s what he or his agent is gonna want. May need to let him test the market. What the pay if we tagged him for the year. Do you have any idea.

JJ offered him a top 5 contract last year he respectfully declined.

kskboys

Reaction score
I like Amari as a player, but I absolutely cannot comprehend how anyone thinks he's worth more than maybe 10 mil/season.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Great point ; for 2 number one pics we got “taco’d” on one and an injured, disappearing Cooper on the second. And they could even make things worse with signing Cooper to a big contract. Pretty bad front office work if you ask me. We could have had 2 good number one pics on rookie contracts.

Yes. It's the rookie contract aspect of the surrendered first round pick that many don't appreciate regarding the Cooper trade. How often did we read "he was better than anyone we could have drafted in that spot"? That misses the point. The salary cap aspect of the trade was the biggest problem. Instead of a cheap good player, the Cowboys got an expensive player. Ultimately, that "cost" usually shows up in lack of depth, and poor special teams.

morasp

Reaction score
I think it was part injury but in the second eagles game when he got benched it sure looked like to me his effort picked up after they put him back in. Just my perception watching the game at the time. I would like a non exclusive tag and try to get someone to give up two firsts for him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jesus bro..

I feel like I am in an episode of the old BATMAN TV series..

OK BATMAN..

Riddle me this..

In the place were I live..

as for me looking at the details of my electric bill, only if its higher than normal. Right now electricity is low becuz I use propane for heat and in the summer run the electricity to cool.

And it costs me about $20 each a tank for 2 large tanks and they last me about 4 months then in the summer I hardly use them becuz I use electricity for A/C.

What do I live in, BATMAN?

As for DC vs AC question I actually saw this the other day. It was a kid's program and they were talking about power.

They said AC was easier to send down the wires and that DC will corrode motors faster than AC does therefore is not used as much as AC.

Tesla used DC in his research and actually sued Edison over his research using AC as his power source.

Uncle yet?

:thumbup:

Nikola Tesla invented the AC induction motor which made it practical to distribute AC electricity.

AC is used because it has far less losses when distributed over distance.

Back then Westinghouse had an AC distribution system and Edison Electric had a DC system.

Westinghouse hired Tesla and licensed his AC induction motor and corresponding AC dynamo machine (also call an AC generator and what we now just all an Alternator). The license deal was to pay Tesla 2.50 per AC horsepower produced. A couple of years after the licensing deal, Westinghouse was in financial trouble and near collapse. They told Tesla they could not make it if they had to pay the 2.50 royalty. Tesla basically just tore up the contract and gave them the rights. If the license had been maintained and if it had been allowed to remain in place for his lifetime, Tesla would have been the richest man in the history of the world. If Westinghouse had collapsed, Edison would have ended up licensing it from Tesla.

Tesla deigned the original Niagara Falls power plant.

Like many Genius types, he was also a bit insane. He became obsessed with wireless transmission of power.

He basically invented remote control; although, I don't think he patented any of that work. He demonstrated a remote controlled boat in 1898 but the US Military was not interested at the time. He was about 20 years ahead of the demand for that technology.

Edison and Westinghouse were better businessmen, but Tesla was the Genius, not them.

Marconi is credited as the inventor of radio transmission; however, much of the technology came from work that Tesla had done.

Tesla took an x-ray of his hand in 1894 which was obviously before 1895 when Wilhelm Röntgen announced that he had discovered x-rays...

Tesla published the theory that ozone was damaging to human skin which was not a widely known (to the public) fact for another 100 years.

Tesla was involved in the invention of bladeless turbines. He built and tested high horsepower bladeless turbines but that technology was used more in speedometers and other measurement instruments.

And yes, AC motors have longer lifespans than DC motors...

Alternators are more efficient and last longer than DC Generators. That's the reason that automobiles have Alternators despite using DC power. It is relatively easy to convert from AC to DC with minimal power loss. It's much more difficult to convert from DC to AC.

What do you have against Adam West?

RV.

I have natural gas for heating, cooktop and for water heaters. The winter gas bill is much less expensive than the summer electric bill.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it's a long way to the top, if you want to rock and roll.

Yes, I preferred the Bon Scott era...

Good thing they picked the name AC/DC because Bon Scott and the Midgets wouldn't have been that popular...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this like Reddy Kilowatt having babies with the Energizer Bunny? Yall gotta splain these concepts.

Batgirl or Catwoman...

yvonne-craig-405-1-7-15.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha..

So you guys should just open a new folder..

Call it "The Dakotaman Zone".

We are always taking shots at him anyway.

:flagwave:

Lucas McCain.

I loved that show...

I modified my BB gun to be like his rifle and later a 22...but my Sundance Kids skill better than my Lucas McCain skills...

I'm better when I move...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Nikola Tesla invented the AC induction motor which made it practical to distribute AC electricity.

AC is used because it has far less losses when distributed over distance.

Back then Westinghouse had an AC distribution system and Edison Electric had a DC system.

Westinghouse hired Tesla and licensed his AC induction motor and corresponding AC dynamo machine (also call an AC generator and what we now just all an Alternator). The license deal was to pay Tesla 2.50 per AC horsepower produced. A couple of years after the licensing deal, Westinghouse was in financial trouble and near collapse. They told Tesla they could not make it if they had to pay the 2.50 royalty. Tesla basically just tore up the contract and gave them the rights. If the license had been maintained and if it had been allowed to remain in place for his lifetime, Tesla would have been the richest man in the history of the world. If Westinghouse had collapsed, Edison would have ended up licensing it from Tesla.

Tesla deigned the original Niagara Falls power plant.

Like many Genius types, he was also a bit insane. He became obsessed with wireless transmission of power.

He basically invented remote control; although, I don't think he patented any of that work. He demonstrated a remote controlled boat in 1898 but the US Military was not interested at the time. He was about 20 years ahead of the demand for that technology.

Edison and Westinghouse were better businessmen, but Tesla was the Genius, not them.

Marconi is credited as the inventor of radio transmission; however, much of the technology came from work that Tesla had done.

Tesla took an x-ray of his hand in 1894 which was obviously before 1895 when Wilhelm Röntgen announced that he had discovered x-rays...

Tesla published the theory that ozone was damaging to human skin which was not a widely known (to the public) fact for another 100 years.

Tesla was involved in the invention of bladeless turbines. He built and tested high horsepower bladeless turbines but that technology was used more in speedometers and other measurement instruments.

And yes, AC motors have longer lifespans than DC motors...

Alternators are more efficient and last longer than DC Generators. That's the reason that automobiles have Alternators despite using DC power. It is relatively easy to convert from AC to DC with minimal power loss. It's much more difficult to convert from DC to AC.

What do you have against Adam West?

RV.

I have natural gas for heating, cooktop and for water heaters. The winter gas bill is much less expensive than the summer electric bill.
Correct.

At least we can both play the game.

But I never Googled my answers. Just off the top of my head.

So did I win any prizes? Hope so.

I will never get back the 5 minutes it took to post this nor you.

But was hoping somehow, someway, we could make this about the Cowboys. As soon as Tesla came up, I knew we were dead.

You are a card, one of the best. Corso needs to read your stuff. He is an intellectual chicken wing lover. Knows everything about the subject.

Corso where are you?

XWalker is trying to make me look stupid.

Not a hard thing to do to a 67 yr old Cowboy fan like myself.

Tell him to stop.