Is it just me

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
or did the Skins get away with a horsecollar on the opening kickoff? I also felt that they got away with a roughing the passer and a late hit penalty in the first quarter.

That #48 had several helmet to helmet hits, but no flags were thrown. He definitely leads with the helmet and tackles high. I hope the league reviews it and he gets some sort of fine. If he keeps his style of play up, someone is going to get seriously injured, and it could be him.

For once, I did not see the Skins obnoxiously holding. They actually did a superb job of blocking without holding or illegal hands to the face tonight. Other than #48, i felt their secondary did a clean job on our guys tonight.

kmp77

Reaction score
There were tons of non cals...that horse collar, hit out of bounds, many grounding penalties that should have been called and there were a couple of holds on might be sacks. The refs weren't that great tonight.

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
There were a couple of calls that were questionable on both sides...I thought Rock had downed the ball at the 1 and you guys were given a touchback on your TD drive...but that's football. You still drove the 80 yards and got the TD.

Its a sprint to the finish for both teams now.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;2424511 said:
There were a couple of calls that were questionable on both sides...I thought Rock had downed the ball at the 1 and you guys were given a touchback on your TD drive...but that's football. You still drove the 80 yards and got the TD.

according to the rules of the NFL you my friend would be wrong........it was close but he should not have tried to pick ball up.....all he had to do was touch it and it would have been downed ...but since he tried to pick it up and knock it back to another player he rolled across line with possession ........

oh and......:dissskin:

Kevinicus

Reaction score

I can't believe there is any question over that punt call. That's been the rule forever, any football fan should know it, and it's embarassing that madden and michaels hadn't a clue. Why do you think they always toss it backwards when their momentum is taking them into the endzone? To avoid the touchback.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score

the ball touched Rock while he was on the goalline

the whistle didn't blow the play dead, it was still a live ball

StylisticS

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2424543 said:
I can't believe there is any question over that punt call. That's been the rule forever, any football fan should know it, and it's embarassing that madden and michaels hadn't a clue. Why do you think they always toss it backwards when their momentum is taking them into the endzone? To avoid the touchback.

Actually Madden had to explain the rule to Michaels, I believe. But I seen at least THREE groundings tonight that were not called.

MrMom

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2424543 said:

Madden and Michaels botched the crap out of that. This broadcast just annoyed the crap out of me. Anymore mention of Romo's pinky would've had me puking.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score

He never actually downed it...he stopped it from going into the end zone, but the ball was still in motion when he let it go and fell into the endzone. blame his teammate for knocking the ball into his butt.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
the one that pissed me off was the no call on intentional grounding against campbell.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2424543 said:

Als an idiot for not knowing that. All the Commanders fans with no football knowledge are clamoring that they were cheated cause of that play. No you cannot be in the endzone and touch the football in any way. He did not have control of the ball because it was moving and he was moving. Case closed.

There were some missed offsides on the cowboys defense though, I will give you that.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Biggems;2424426 said:
or did the Skins get away with a horsecollar on the opening kickoff? I also felt that they got away with a roughing the passer and a late hit penalty in the first quarter.

That #48 had several helmet to helmet hits, but no flags were thrown. He definitely leads with the helmet and tackles high. I hope the league reviews it and he gets some sort of fine. If he keeps his style of play up, someone is going to get seriously injured, and it could be him.

For once, I did not see the Skins obnoxiously holding. They actually did a superb job of blocking without holding or illegal hands to the face tonight. Other than #48, i felt their secondary did a clean job on our guys tonight.

Helmet to helmet hits are only illegal if 1) it's on a QB, but not when he becomes a "Runner", 2) on a defenseless WR, or 3) if the defender LEADS with his helmet (aka a spear).

They did get away with like 3 intentional groundings.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
We also had a couple of offsides penalties on defense that weren't called. Just an overall poorly officiated game.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggems;2424559 said:
He never actually downed it...he stopped it from going into the end zone, but the ball was still in motion when he let it go and fell into the endzone. blame his teammate for knocking the ball into his butt.
Game, set and match.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
MrMom;2424555 said:
Madden and Michaels botched the crap out of that. This broadcast just annoyed the crap out of me. Anymore mention of Romo's pinky would've had me puking.

I Agree.:bang2:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I forget which pass it was...but Tony passed the ball, then the defender took like 2-3 steps and leveled him. NO FLAG.

the refs have been calling bogus roughing the passer penalties all season long...and when a legit one finally happens....NOTHING:bang2:

2much2soon

Reaction score
I was amazed at the lack of intentional grounding calls against Campbell, too.
If Joe Gibbs coached Dallas the league would be getting videos tomorrow.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ozzu;2424582 said:
We also had a couple of offsides penalties on defense that weren't called. Just an overall poorly officiated game.

Agree, Ware was offsides twice, that didn't get called.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Biggems;2424426 said:

Absolutely, agree...I watched that opening kickoff and first thing I thought was horsecollar.

And Horton did lay a couple of hits with helmet first...Officiating had a decidedly skin advantage on several plays, IMHO...A lot of holds that weren't called on Skin lineman bothered me as well