Is it reachable ???

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
You guys think T.O will reach Jerry Rice for career TD's ???

» 1.: Jerry Rice (197 TDs)
» 2.: Terrell Owens (132 TDs)
» 3.: Cris Carter (129 TDs)

Owens is 65 touchdown receptions behind Pro Football Hall of Famer and former teammate Jerry Rice on the list.

Owens has three TDs this season, and 31 in 33 games with the Cowboys. He has caught 28 from Romo, making them the league's top quarterback-receiver TD combination since 2006.

joseephuss

Reaction score
djtavo;2263826 said:
You guys think T.O will reach Jerry Rice for career TD's ???

» 1.: Jerry Rice (197 TDs)
» 2.: Terrell Owens (132 TDs)
» 3.: Cris Carter (129 TDs)

Owens is 65 touchdown receptions behind Pro Football Hall of Famer and former teammate Jerry Rice on the list.

Owens has three TDs this season, and 31 in 33 games with the Cowboys. He has caught 28 from Romo, making them the league's top quarterback-receiver TD combination since 2006.

Carter had 130 for his career.

It is possible, but not likely. At an average of 14 TDs per year it would take 5 years. Can TO play at that level for 5 years?

Also, Randy Moss is sitting at 125 TDs and is 4 years younger than TO.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
joseephuss;2263851 said:

It is possible, but not likely. At an average of 14 TDs per year it would take 5 years. Can TO play at that level for 5 years?

Without Brady i think Moss might have a drought year.. lol

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
joseephuss;2263851 said:

Moss doesnt have the work ethic like TO and will not be able to play as long and as effective as TO. Moss will start to decline fast a in maybe a year or two.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
It is amazing how fast T.O. has reached that number. I will give credit to Carter and Rice since they did it mostly in the days when a receiver could get mugged legally however with T.O.'s size and speed I think he still would of been elite in those days.

Heck he gets mugged now with no calls sometimes.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2263872 said:
Anything is possible.

Yeah your right, i will love for T.O to get that record been a Cowboy of course. lol

TwentyOne

Reaction score
He won't score 1 TD per game till the end of his career. Just because he will get older. So i think if he can score 10 per season that will be great for him.

But that means he has to play for 6 more year what i really doubt he is able to.

So i have to say no, not possible.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
TwentyOne;2265187 said:
He won't score 1 TD per game till the end of his career. Just because he will get older. So i think if he can score 10 per season that will be great for him.

But that means he has to play for 6 more year what i really doubt he is able to.

So i have to say no, not possible.

Eh, Jerry Rice played until he was about forty, didn't he? Owens is as much of a health and fitness freak as Jerry Rice was. I think it really depends on whether Owens would still choose to play after his skills have diminshed badly, much like Jerry Rice and Emmitt. If so, I could see this as possible...

2008 - 18 (50 behind)

2009 - 15 (35 behind)

2010 - 15 (20 behind)

2011 - 10 (10 behind)

2012 - 6 (4 behind)

2013 - 5 (new record)

But I doubt Owens will play until his skills have eroded that much, so probably not.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I think it mostly depends on what he does this year. If he stays healthy and we get him into the high teens/low 20s then I think hes got a good shot.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ain't gonna happen........IMO.

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2265216 said:
Eh, Jerry Rice played until he was about forty, didn't he? Owens is as much of a health and fitness freak as Jerry Rice was. I think it really depends on whether Owens would still choose to play after his skills have diminshed badly, much like Jerry Rice and Emmitt. If so, I could see this as possible...

2008 - 18 (50 behind)

2009 - 15 (35 behind)

2010 - 15 (20 behind)

2011 - 10 (10 behind)

2012 - 6 (4 behind)

2013 - 5 (new record)

But I doubt Owens will play until his skills have eroded that much, so probably not.

Pretty nice chart u did there... I wonder if he passes Jerry Rice if he would be seen as one of the best if not the best WR to have played the game, cause we all know a lot of people dont like him. But for that to happen he will need a couple of SB's first....