Is it strange that I am looking forward

mmillman

Reaction score
to the 9/23 game with Cleveland at Oakland more than most Dallas games?

All these players sound great right now, but why do I have a feeling we're going to see several of these teams picking at the top of the draft again next year? Let's evaluate how the top five teams will fare in 2007:
Raiders: JaMarcus Russell is in the worst position of any player in this draft. Oakland's line is a mess, and no matter how innovative Lane Kiffin is, Russell is going to get clobbered. Divisional opponents Shawne Merriman, Jared Allen and Elvis Dumervil are psyched to pad their stats numbers. Predicted record: 4-12
Lions: Calvin Johnson will be a star some day, but I'm not sold on quarterback Jon Kitna and Detroit's defense won't rank any higher than No. 25 overall next year. Predicted record: 6-10
Browns: I think I'm the only one saying this, but I'm not sold on Thomas. I just remember what a sure-thing Robert Gallery was. Now Big Ten offensive lineman scare me. Even if he's great, who's he protecting? Charlie Frye or Derek Anderson? What's the point of even protecting those guys? Predicted record: 5-11 (Postcript: I didn't know they were going to get Brady Quinn. I like the move, but don't think it will add many wins.)
Buccaneers: The Bucs did the right thing by going defense with Gaines Adams, but they need more than one player to return the D to its glory days. Predicted record: 7-9
Cardinals: I think Arizona wanted OT Levi Brown over Thomas the whole time. Still, this is the Cardinals. Even when they do score with nice picks, they run into trouble. That being said, this is the team on this list with the best shot at reaching the postseason. Predicted record: 8-8

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
mmillman;1486424 said:
to the 9/23 game with Cleveland at Oakland more than most Dallas games?

All these players sound great right now, but why do I have a feeling we're going to see several of these teams picking at the top of the draft again next year? Let's evaluate how the top five teams will fare in 2007:
Raiders: JaMarcus Russell is in the worst position of any player in this draft. Oakland's line is a mess, and no matter how innovative Lane Kiffin is, Russell is going to get clobbered. Divisional opponents Shawne Merriman, Jared Allen and Elvis Dumervil are psyched to pad their stats numbers. Predicted record: 4-12
Lions: Calvin Johnson will be a star some day, but I'm not sold on quarterback Jon Kitna and Detroit's defense won't rank any higher than No. 25 overall next year. Predicted record: 6-10
Browns: I think I'm the only one saying this, but I'm not sold on Thomas. I just remember what a sure-thing Robert Gallery was. Now Big Ten offensive lineman scare me. Even if he's great, who's he protecting? Charlie Frye or Derek Anderson? What's the point of even protecting those guys? Predicted record: 5-11 (Postcript: I didn't know they were going to get Brady Quinn. I like the move, but don't think it will add many wins.)
Buccaneers: The Bucs did the right thing by going defense with Gaines Adams, but they need more than one player to return the D to its glory days. Predicted record: 7-9
Cardinals: I think Arizona wanted OT Levi Brown over Thomas the whole time. Still, this is the Cardinals. Even when they do score with nice picks, they run into trouble. That being said, this is the team on this list with the best shot at reaching the postseason. Predicted record: 8-8

Nope but I will be watching for their scores .....

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I sure do have an intersest in the Cleveland losses....hopefullly all 16 of em.

sago1

Reaction score
Frankly unless Browns go 0-16 or no better then 2-14, we probably have no chance to grab McFadden. See no way any team with first pick would trade away chance for him. We will root against the Browns all season long.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sago1;1486488 said:
Frankly unless Browns go 0-16 or no better then 2-14, we probably have no chance to grab McFadden. See no way any team with first pick would trade away chance for him. We will root against the Browns all season long.

Getting our hopes up for McFadden or any other individual player is like setting ourselves up for great disappointment. No point in working ourselves into a frenzy over DMac when we don't know how things will fall. That being said, lose, Cleveland, lose!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1486510 said:
Getting our hopes up for McFadden or any other individual player is like setting ourselves up for great disappointment. No point in working ourselves into a frenzy over DMac when we don't know how things will fall. That being said, lose, Cleveland, lose!!!!

I agree. I'm more interested in how the Cowboys do this season than anything else. Like everyone else I hope the Browns lose but 1st things 1st and that is the Cowboys winning. As for who we may pick? a lot of things will happen between now and next years draft so I'm not setting my sights too far down that road.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Just hope that they lose a lot, and we'll see where the draft spots line up down the road. Who knows, someone besides McFadden may be the golden child by that time.

BLT

Reaction score
i admit i dont know that much of mcfadden can some 1 tell me something about him? Ive seen his youtube highlight real but a highlight real can make michael wiley look like a great RB... is he high rated than adrian peterson? Because a lot of you guys make him sound like the next LT and then some