Is it wrong to root for Tony Romo?

Martice

Reaction score
Silverstar;1123978 said:
I'll root for Romo, just like I did for Bledsoe and the others who came after Aikman. The one thing Romo needs to learn RIGHT NOW, is to throw the ball away when no one is open. Just protect the ball like Parcells says and he'll give us a chance to win IMO. You can't expect too much from Romo right now. I just hope he's mature enough to handle the pressure of what is expected of him on AND off the field.

:starspin

There is a thin line between throwing the ball away and making a play at the last second. Drew would throw the ball away even when he had time in the pocket. He wouldn't allow the receivers to break free and make a play because when the initial read was covered Drew panicked and would throw the ball away prematurely.

What will make Tony great is if he can learn to recognize when throwing the ball away is the only option and not the initial option.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1124088 said:
I know that is true because I spoke to both his fans yesterday and told them to chill out.
Romo is in a situation that is unique since Aikman left. There is no one to scream for if he plays poorly. If Q played bad, the howling masses could scream for Hutch. If Hutch played bad the howling masses could scream for Q. Vinny, scream for Henson or Romo depending on the time of the season. Bledsoe, scream for Romo. Hell we eve screamed for who would be backup to Bledsoe.

That's over. There is no Henson on the bench. Tabula rasa for Romo. That means clean slate. I for one have a sense of relief. He still needs to play better than he did Monday night. That hasn't changed and it isn't going to.

The premise of this thread is that there is a sentiment that people should not root for him. That is complete hogwash. There is no such sentiment here. Where is there posted even one word about it being wrong to root for Tony Romo? I read this site every day for a couple of hours a day and I don't see one single post that reinforces that premise. Not one.

I have seen and posted myself, several posts about not being that impressed by how he played Monday night. How that can be translated into "wrong to root for Romo" is mind boggling to me. It's the Twilight Zone. The kid is in the most ideal situation for a QB post Aikman that can be had. Holy cow, how can we ignore that and act like commentary about his play is harmful or rooting for him is taboo? Unreal.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1124134 said:
Romo is in a situation that is unique since Aikman left. There is no one to scream for if he plays poorly. If Q played bad, the howling masses could scream for Hutch. If Hutch played bad the howling masses could scream for Q. Vinny, scream for Henson or Romo depending on the time of the season. Bledsoe, scream for Romo. Hell we eve screamed for who would be backup to Bledsoe.

That's over. There is no Henson on the bench. Tabula rasa for Romo. That means clean slate. I for one have a sense of relief. He still needs to play better than he did Monday night. That hasn't changed and it isn't going to.

The premise of this thread is that there is a sentiment that people should not root for him. That is complete hogwash. There is no such sentiment here. Where is there posted even one word about it being wrong to root for Tony Romo? I read this site every day for a couple of hours a day and I don't see one single post that reinforces that premise. Not one.

I have seen and posted myself, several posts about not being that impressed by how he played Monday night. How that can be translated into "wrong to root for Romo" is mind boggling to me. It's the Twilight Zone. The kid is in the most ideal situation for a QB post Aikman that can be had. Holy cow, how can we ignore that and act like commentary about his play is harmful or rooting for him is taboo? Unreal.
:hammer:

Right on the friggin :money: as usual Hos.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1124173 said:
Even a blind chicken gets a piece of corn now and then.
Especially when they hang out......nah can't go there on a Sunday morning. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1124180 said:
Especially when they hang out......nah can't go there on a Sunday morning. :D
:laugh2:

Why is there rain in your area that could invite lightning?

burmafrd

Reaction score
I don't know= who was the backup when Danny White first took over?
I don't think there was anyone there for years. Since Aikman its clear that this is new. But it did happen before for the BOys. Also when Meredith retired Morton had a clean path as well. Hopefully we will do better this time.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
burmafrd;1124306 said:
I don't know= who was the backup when Danny White first took over?
I don't think there was anyone there for years. Since Aikman its clear that this is new. But it did happen before for the BOys. Also when Meredith retired Morton had a clean path as well. Hopefully we will do better this time.

Glenn Carano was the #2 guy in 80 and 81...Hogeboom became #2 in 1982, and it all started in the Commanders NFC Championship game...White had a big 1983 season, then in 84 is when the crap really hit the fan

Daid