Is John Steven Jones full grown?

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
My understanding is he is 5'11".

Would like to see him grow to at least 6'1".

Why not use a 7th round pick on him and hire a legit QB coach to make him the eventual franchise QB in a few years? Don't risk injury in college.

Jerry to John. The Dallas QB position is the most high profile position in all of sports when the team is contending.
Don't worry about salary. You are going to be a wealthy man no matter what happens as a player.

Sign Dak to an affordable extension and have him eventually be the back up when John is ready.

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
5'11" may be very generous. He also has a small frame. More Manziel than Mayfield.

Some scouts I know from a major program in Texas said they would have offered him if he was a little taller. I thought they were joking and they broke out his highlights.

He sin't draft eligible until 2021 and I doubt very seriously he goes 3 and out. He's much more likely to redshirt and be in college for 5 years.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Keep that little pube head away from this team the snotty little turd

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score

Why not use a 7th round pick on him and hire a legit QB coach to make him the eventual franchise QB in a few years? Don't risk injury in college.

Jerry to John. The Dallas QB position is the most high profile position in all of sports when the team is contending.
Don't worry about salary. You are going to be a wealthy man no matter what happens as a player.

Sign Dak to an affordable extension and have him eventually be the back up when John is ready.

Sounds like their plan. John could be part owner and play for peanuts.
Then get paid as owner outside the CAP.

Brilliant... :flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:

mmohican29

Reaction score
No more Jones family please. Ruining this franchise 1 decision at a time

Way too late to worry about that.

The Cowboys are the Jones' property to do what they will with, and maybe JSJ will be the family member that finally gets it.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

Why the hell not.

Sure.

Also draft Tyree Jackson out of Buffalo, who is 6'7, and has all the tools to be a face of the NFL type talent.

Let Jerry pay his grandson. Maybe he is the next Brees, probably not, but it'd be a story unlike anything the NFL has seen in recent years if he turned out to be a franchise QB and frankly, if he did emerge, Jerry would trade to farm to get him - so I'd view drafting him as a hedge against his success. Jerry isn't going to let his grandson emerge as the franchise QB of the Giants.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
:omg:

Can't begin to ever imagine a worse idea than Jerry signing his own grandson to his team.
I get your thinking but look at it from a different perspective / scenario -

6th round pick John Steven Jones is drafted by the NYG and emerges as Eli Manning's successor and is a franchise QB. Improbable? Yes. Impossible? No, nothing in the NFL is.

Drafting him is a hedge against Jerry throwing away 3 first round picks to prevent being embarrassed by his own blood. We're all human, and I think we can all understand that on a human level.

Plus, if his NFL QB career isn't destined to be a long one, as is probable, we all know he will end up working in our front office - having a few years as a backup in our system can only help.

I am all-in on drafting him for the aforementioned reasons.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I get your thinking but look at it from a different perspective / scenario -

6th round pick John Steven Jones is drafted by the NYG and emerges as Eli Manning's successor and is a franchise QB. Improbable? Yes. Impossible? No, nothing in the NFL is.

Drafting him is a hedge against Jerry throwing away 3 first round picks to prevent being embarrassed by his own blood. We're all human, and I think we can all understand that on a human level.

Plus, if his NFL QB career isn't destined to be a long one, as is probable, we all know he will end up working in our front office - having a few years as a backup in our system can only help.

I am all-in on drafting him for the aforementioned reasons.
Steven Jones is currently a backup college QB, Brian.
He's only 5'10 or 5'11 and his arm is average at best.
If the perfect storm hits for him and absolutely everything goes perfectly--he might end up with something close to a Kellen Moore like career--which in college was amazing.
But that is really far-fetched.

I guess I don't get why you think he'll be so great.
I live in Dallas and have watched him for years.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Keep that little pube head away from this team the snotty little turd
:laugh:
Now that is way off base.
I think this thread is nuts, but the kid himself is by all accounts a really good guy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Why? He won a state championship
So did 200 other QBs nationwide....every year
Look, I like him but lets lets see if he can become a diminate college QB someday before putting him in tne NFL