Is Lawyer Milloy still good enough to bring back memories of the lethal Woody & Roy?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Seeing as how Hope is really the only good free agent prospect at FS, and he's still a questionable guy for a large contract... Seeing as how it's difficult to trust the FS spot to a rookie, especially since Jerry & Bill might have to spend their first round draft pick on one.....

How about maybe going the other direction and doing what used to work when we had Woody in town. Maybe move Roy back to FS and finding a damn good SS? Zimmer has commented before on how he loves to have interchangeable and run stopping safeties. Say what you want about Roy's pass coverage skills (and Woody's in his last days) but that was a hell of a safety duo. Man I did love watching those fellas play together. Pick your poison. Both can get the quarterback. Receivers knew they might lose their head the day of a game with both of those assassins out on the field. There were other problems but I think one of the biggest factors contributing to that one year defensive decline was losing Woody. Is there anyway Parcells would consider moving the faster Roy back to FS, and bringing in Lawyer Milloy at SS? He's rumored to be cut. There might be another good SS out there as well. (Rodney Harrison if he decides to come back?) Does Milloy have enough in him to last 2-3 years? Ya think this is unrealistic or is it a chance to have Woody & Roy the Assassins, Part II? :D

I would prefer to find a ballhawk of a FS and just let Roy play as much as possible near the line of scrimmage, but if Keith Davis is the best we can do, why not look at another alternative such as replicating the Woody & Roy magic?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Lawyer is a Strong Safety. I don't think they will move Roy back to Free Safety like when Woody was here. As much as I like Lawyer, I doubt we look at him.