Twitter: Is LVE injury issues finally behind him?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Good article but the highlighted part made me pause

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...r-eschs-injury-issues-are-finally-behind-him/

There’s reason to believe Cowboys LB Leighton Vander Esch’s injury issues are finally behind him

Cowboys LB Leighton Vander Esch has struggled to stay healthy throughout his career; however, there's optimism he'll be healthy through 2021.

Vander Esch missed time with a broken collarbone in 2020. But his real impediment has been chronic neck issues that date back to college. Even a minor procedure to repair nerve repair in late 2019 didn’t completely fix them.

But he insists the pain and immobility are largely gone. A training regimen designed by Metroplex-based fitness instructor Chad Marr deserves much of the credit

Last edited by a moderator:

John813

Reaction score
Only time and contact will tell. But I think the big thing is will he be that force that he was his rookie year?

Shedding tackles, blowing up screens, actually tackling the ball carrier or will he play with the thought of injury and be closer to last year?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Good article but the highlighted part made me pause

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...r-eschs-injury-issues-are-finally-behind-him/

There’s reason to believe Cowboys LB Leighton Vander Esch’s injury issues are finally behind him

Cowboys LB Leighton Vander Esch has struggled to stay healthy throughout his career; however, there's optimism he'll be healthy through 2021.

Vander Esch missed time with a broken collarbone in 2020. But his real impediment has been chronic neck issues that date back to college. Even a minor procedure to repair nerve repair in late 2019 didn’t completely fix them.

But he insists the pain and immobility are largely gone. A training regimen designed by Metroplex-based fitness instructor Chad Marr deserves much of the credit

You know me, I'm a big LVE supporter, but the fact remains he has missed more games then Sean Lee in the same time frame. He needs to prove it and play a full season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You know me, I'm a big LVE supporter, but the fact remains he has missed more games then Sean Lee in the same time frame. He needs to prove it and play a full season.

Agree 100%...........noticed this part? Is this an admission he's still not 100%?????

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I hope he does ball out. Then he could resign to a team friendly deal.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
he will have a great year and get rewarded with a new contract....in Carolina.

Praxit

Reaction score
..I think having Parsons playing his side, takes huge pressure off him. Nonetheless, its contract year. Wishing him luck.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Pretty sure we heard this about Sean Lee every summer as well. I'll believe it when I see it.

Zman5

Reaction score
Whether he has a good year or not, we better not give him a big contract. No more big contracts for LBs with injury concerns.