Is Mark Anderson a poor man's Manny Lawson?

proline

Reaction score
He's got good size, good speed, athleticism, and nice quickness. I haven't seen him play, but I heard him on an interview with ESPN a couple of days ago and they pointed out that he did get a sack on Da'Brick in the Senior Bowl.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He is being scouted as strictly a DE from the reports I've seen. Isn't suppose to have the coverage/agility needed. He might get more notice from 3-4 teams if he falls to a value area of the draft. He also has a rep for pinning his ears back to rush the passer and abandoning his run responsibilities. PFW says he isn't a great athlete and doesn't change directions well.

VoR

Reaction score
proline said:
He's got good size, good speed, athleticism, and nice quickness. I haven't seen him play, but I heard him on an interview with ESPN a couple of days ago and they pointed out that he did get a sack on Da'Brick in the Senior Bowl.
He might be a poor man's Wimbley, but not a Lawson clone.
Lawson's a freak.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Since Manny Lawson has not proven he can handle the NFL, maybe the question should be turned around.

Perhaps Lawson is the poor man's version of the other guy.

proline

Reaction score
VoR said:
Lawson's a freak.

You might be right ... I haven't seen Anderson play. But he did beat out Lawson in the broad jump and the vertical jump, and his times weren't much worse, especially in the shuttles. He also weighs a bit more than Lawson.

Here is a comparison of their scouting reports. They sound very similar.

Mark Anderson scouting on rivals.com

Manny Lawson scouting on rivals.com

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
proline said:

I heard that also and in addition, he sounds like a really nice character kind of person........may be a sleeper.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
VoR said:
Lawson's a freak.

Lawson is also a stick and reportedly his weight has dropped to 233 (Don Banks)

David