Is McCarthy more valuable than Dan Quinn?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Let's talk about all this after the playoffs. If our D carries us to a SB win then heck yes, Quinn is. The Broncos shredded us for about 450, and a JAG like Carr had a good day too, plus other obvious ones. We are miles better than last year, that's for sure. But if he's going to hire a D Coordinator if he becomes the head coach and gives that responsibility to someone else, I don't know about that. He took the Falcons to a SB being a head coach, but off the top of my head, so I could be wrong and someone please correct me if I am, I don't think that defense was ranked in the top-10, it was the offense who carried that team to the SB.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Yes MCCarthy is more valuable than Quinn. Because if you got rid of Big Mike and promoted Quinn would he be as effective as he is now just running the defense? I don’t remember his defenses in Atlanta being all that great. And aside from the SB they blew the big lead in, his teams were never that great. It may be the perfect example of a coach being better as a coordinator than he is as a head coach.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
And many will turn on him when he gets a big contract....

I think they will be a little different with him. The Dak haters here are mad at him for taking Romo's job and being a better QB than Craig Morton, or even him dressing as Rudolph for his Christmas picture with his girl and his two doggies, but I'm sure some hate him because he's making more money than they are. It's mostly the former I believe. We will see because with the way things are going he will become the highest paid defensive player in history. Luckily most of these big contracts we have will be done by then.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they will be a little different with him. The Dak haters here are mad at him for taking Romo's job and being a better QB than Craig Morton, or even him dressing as Rudolph for his Christmas picture with his girl and his two doggies, but I'm sure some hate him because he's making more money than they are. It's mostly the former I believe. We will see because with the way things are going he will become the highest paid defensive player in history. Luckily most of these big contracts we have will be done by then.
I get it, but haters gonna hate.....