Is Micah Parsons the best rookie in Cowboys history?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Jan 11, 2022.

1. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

8,502 Messages
    12,871 Likes Received
    If he had jumped on the pass to Clark he would win it hands down in my book.. but since he stood there and got posterized for all eternity.. I can't put him in there.

2. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

8,943 Messages
    5,705 Likes Received
    My point is that Dallas was a very good team before Dorsett arrived...

3. Stash

Stash Well-Known Member

73,511 Messages
    90,566 Likes Received

You’re not gonna want to hear it, but Dak’s 13-3 rookie season was pretty special as well. I think I would still give the nod to Parsons, but Prescott’s was pretty amazing as well.

4. Thomas82

Thomas82 Well-Known Member

3,668 Messages
    2,374 Likes Received
    This about sums it up.

MountaineerCowboy likes this.
  5. Thomas82

3,668 Messages
    2,374 Likes Received
    The Seahawks had the No. 2 pick originally, and TD threatened to go to the CFL if they drafted him, so the Cowboys moved up to take him.

6. Thomas82

3,668 Messages
    2,374 Likes Received
    I'm still amazed that he was the first rookie O-lineman to be an All-Pro since 1947.

Whiskey Cowboy and guag like this.
  7. heir

heir Well-Known Member

395 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    Don't know if this was said and I know he was not on the level of Parsons and some of the others mentioned but Roy Williams was a beast his rookie year. People forget him because of how his career ended but rookie year I think he had a bunch of INTs 2 TDs and some where near 100 tackles. Just giving him an honorable mention to be a little outside the box.

Whiskey Cowboy likes this.
  8. guag

guag Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01

17,690 Messages
    13,099 Likes Received
    Same, the comparison I like to make with Parsons is Moss. Simply because these two players are freaks who jump out at you on the screen, and did so from game one. Seeing those two play is like watching an adult playing a pee wee game. I can only speak for late 90s to present though.

Aven8 likes this.
  9. Whiskey Cowboy

Whiskey Cowboy Well-Known Member

777 Messages
    780 Likes Received
    Didn't see him mentioned but Roy Williams was a killer his rookie season. Maybe not on Zeke or Micah's level but he deserves to be in the conversation.

heir likes this.
  10. heir

heir Well-Known Member

395 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    I just beat you to it lol

Whiskey Cowboy likes this.
  11. Them

Them Well-Known Member

3,285 Messages
    8,132 Likes Received
    ..I think Parsons is a stand alone rookie talent for the last few decades easily. There were other's ...I do remember in the mid 60's WR Bob Hayes took the league by storm in his rookie season. Yes Bullet Bod Hayes...He was so fast that NFL Defenses were forced to change how they covered...no lie!

[​IMG]

Hagman likes this.
  12. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

11,657 Messages
    7,440 Likes Received
    Zeke had a really great rookie season as well. His impact was HUGE. I’d probably have to go with him, but Parsons is right there.

13. black label

black label Well-Known Member

5,096 Messages
    7,486 Likes Received
    wear does nothing in last 10

14. Thomas82

3,668 Messages
    2,374 Likes Received
    In Emmitt's defense, he was pretty much in the same situation Zeke is in now. He was in an offense that wasn't designed to fit him, with a pass-happy OC that didn't know how to use the running game. He also won OROY as part of an offense that was ranked last in the NFL.

15. Thomas82

3,668 Messages
    2,374 Likes Received
    He wasn't given the opportunity until it was too late.

16. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

13,898 Messages
    10,791 Likes Received
    Parsons may be one of the top three defensive players in the league as a rookie. He instantly improved the defense to a respectable level and he is only going to get better each season. Dak and Zeke had good rookie seasons ,but their success was dependent on the offensive line. Most QBs and RBs would have not

McKDaddy likes this.
  17. Thomas82

3,668 Messages
    2,374 Likes Received
    And he did it in an offense that wasn't tailored to fit him.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  18. Whiskey Cowboy

Whiskey Cowboy Well-Known Member

777 Messages
    780 Likes Received
    Ah dangit! Good call. Had to go rewatch his highlights that year. 31 was an animal. Shame he went downhill so quickly.

19. JD_KaPow

JD_KaPow jimnabby

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    9,623 Messages
    8,780 Likes Received
    The last sentence really puts this piece of buffoonery over the top.

20. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

26,836 Messages
    19,478 Likes Received
    you mean how since Moore has taken over in 19 has not used Zeke as zeke? Zeke not getting the opportunity's ALL volume backs need to put up yards.. all the blame is on zeke and yet ES22 had nearly HALF his career averages under 4YPC. he got his yards getting it 25+ a game..zeke was averaging 5.1 ypc the first half of the season, gets no credit yet finished at 4.2 same as Henry and IF zeke got fed his 25 im betting he gets 95-100 YPG then all this nonsense can stop.

just a reminder its not always the players fault, look at the OL, oc ,and how they are used.

a reminder to all the haters.