Is Micah Parsons the best rookie in Cowboys history?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is really for the long time fans. I can only speak about mid 80's on.

Did we just witness the greatest rookie season in the history of the Dallas Cowboys? I can't think of one better over the last 40 years.

This needs to be adjusted for era obviously. Don't give me raw stats as the reason. It's a much different game today than it was then. I'm asking who was the best in their time not who put up the best overall numbers.

I need people who were around for the 60s and 70s to speak on this.

Is Micah the rookie King?

If so, double bicep flex in your face.

75boyz

Reaction score
This is really for the long time fans. I can only speak about mid 80's on.

Did we just witness the greatest rookie season in the history of the Dallas Cowboys? I can't think of one better over the last 40 years.

This needs to be adjusted for era obviously. Don't give me raw stats as the reason. It's a much different game today than it was then. I'm asking who was the best in their time not who put up the best overall numbers.

I need people who were around for the 60s and 70s to speak on this.

Is Micah the rookie King?

If so, double bicep flex in your face.

Biggest impact since Tony D's rookie year whose performance as a rookie that year was a big part of that 77 team's championship.

Close between those 2 imo. That's since my '74/75 fandom began.

Not old enough to speak for the '60-73 years.

jmo

Reaction score
Tony Dorsett

I still don't know how Tex Shramm took a team that was a contender to a number 1 overall pick to take him.

TD got them over the top on the late 70's. Should have won more Super Bowls if it wasn't for those damn Steelers and 49ers

Last edited:

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Put him, Martin, Ware, Zeke and Dak in a jar and pick one, whoever it is I'm good with it. Off the top of my head, Martin was all-pro as a rookie, Zeke broke the Cowboys rookie rushing record and Dak had the best year by any of our rookie QBs. Since were hear in the now, I would take Parsons. I don't know if it was him or Quinn who turned this D around, either way we are a lot better with him.

Tony Dorsett had an amazing rookie season too. But that was a championship team before he got there, he just added to that great team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Good lord, if we are talking all-time rookie season, how can you NOT include Dak. What he did his rookie season as a 4th round pick at the most important position on the field is top 3, min. Think about it, he literally forced one of our greatest legends into retirement.