Is Mike McCarthy Coach of the Year?

Praxit

Reaction score
..and the winner is?
giphy.gif

Motorola

Reaction score
Its amusing how many people struggle with sarcasm.
Does the site really need a sacasm thread about the HC when half the CZ members expressed their dislike of the hire a year ago...and as the season progressed, most of those ok with it initially have vehemently turn against McCarthy --and expressed it in no uncertain terms= WANT HIM FIRED

CWR

Reaction score
Does the site really need a sacasm thread about the HC when half the CZ members expressed their dislike of the hire a year ago...and as the season progressed, most of those ok with it initially have vehemently turn against McCarthy --and expressed it in no uncertain terms= WANT HIM FIRED

Nope it really doesn't "need" this post. Unfortunately it's the offseason and there just isn't much interesting Cowboys info to otherwise occupy the board.

Motorola

Reaction score
Nope it really doesn't "need" this post. Unfortunately it's the offseason and there just isn't much interesting Cowboys info to otherwise occupy the board.
At first glance...yeah; but a couple of topics below may interest you:

--The playoffs.. I have always shifted my focus to the postseason regardless if the Cowboys were not in it -I am an NFL fan through and through.

--Draft threads are supposed to be created and commented on in the CZ Draftzone

--Practice Squad releases \signings and Futures being done now - draws little interest

--Cowboys FAs: who stays, who goes

--Dak contract negotiation threads ad nauseam NO - NO - NO - NO -NO -NO

Next up --Evaluation Player Week & Weekend:
enior Bowl - Saturday January 30th, Mobile AL
Hula Bowl - Sunday January 31st, Honolulu HI

Last edited:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I mean this guy took an average football team to a 6-10 record.

The amount of injuries this team faced was nearly unbelievable and he still managed to get 6 wins.

I don't know about you but I think we found the savior of this franchise.

He didn't even have a full off season with this team and got 6 wins.

We saw this team try fake punts and went for it multiple times on 4th down. MM is a genius if you ask me. Who would have ever thought of doing that.

And he was cautious when he needed to be. Like when there was a close catch that by the Giants that put them in range of a 50 yard field goal with 4 minutes left in the season finale. Mike realized a timeout was much more valuable than possibly giving up 3 points making it a 4 point game. You rarely see that type of discipline.

The guy literally changed the culture in this organization.

There's no ceiling for MM.

Coach of the Year, if you ask me.

He performed miracles all year. Just crazy to think that this team finished 6-10 with him as the leader of this football team.

Does J12B need to go to rehab?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Coach of the year is really funny. Almost as funny as the clueless fans who think we should have had a good year. :lmao: There is not a coach in the NFL, not one, who could have taken the players who were actually available each Sunday to any better than 9-7, and that would have required quite a bit of luck. We had practice squad players starting at tackle all year, lost our two best players in Dak and Martin, and ended the season with bums at DT except for our rookie. Our secondary was awful, despite Diggs and Wilson.

And before anyone says something stupid like 9-7 would have won the division, we were a terrible team, and that is not to be blamed on coaching. Jerry and Stephen have never understood that a team requires about 44 players capable of starting with the rest being special teams and developmental. They finally got the backup QB and OT figured out, but the backup OT got hurt, along with both starters, and the secondary depth was even worse, as was the DL.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
I mean this guy took an average football team to a 6-10 record.

The amount of injuries this team faced was nearly unbelievable and he still managed to get 6 wins.

I don't know about you but I think we found the savior of this franchise.

He didn't even have a full off season with this team and got 6 wins.

We saw this team try fake punts and went for it multiple times on 4th down. MM is a genius if you ask me. Who would have ever thought of doing that.

And he was cautious when he needed to be. Like when there was a close catch that by the Giants that put them in range of a 50 yard field goal with 4 minutes left in the season finale. Mike realized a timeout was much more valuable than possibly giving up 3 points making it a 4 point game. You rarely see that type of discipline.

The guy literally changed the culture in this organization.

There's no ceiling for MM.

Coach of the Year, if you ask me.

He performed miracles all year. Just crazy to think that this team finished 6-10 with him as the leader of this football team.

Definitely! We are super bowl bound, Number 6 is just around the corner.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Would say JG probably would've had the team 3-13 at best lol. But MM blew some games, so with that no.

RS12

Reaction score
Not challenging that catch in the Giants game certainly made him coach of the yesr material in my eyes. AmIright?