Is Mike Zimmer the next Cowboys head coach?

Thorn

Reaction score
Mike has no chance to get a new contract. This front office has driven this team into salary cap hell and will have to rely on rookies or backups, who sucked when needed this year, to win. No left tackle, no center, right tackle who is average at best, no running back and only 1 proven WR.
Defense, no interior DL that is good, no LB’s, and secondary that is average.
24 will be a **** show with the coaching staff getting all the blame and repercussions.

Aven8

Reaction score
Zimm is 67 right now. And sorry to say Mike M is a far superior coach

blueblood70

Reaction score
Barring a deep run in the playoffs, it would seem that Big Mac is most assuredly done after this season. Does Jerry press the “easy button” on the new head coach designation and simply promote Zimmer? He’s a Cowboys alumnus, and probably doesn’t pose a credible threat to Jerry’s authority. Those qualities seem to be more important to him (Jerry) than fielding a playoff contender. And hey, we may no longer lead the league in penalties.

I don’t necessarily like the idea, but could see Jerry doing something like that. Your thoughts?
Can we stop this nonsense !!!!:facepalm:

we do this so premature and guessing it's all emotional thinking by you people, first you said Kellen Moore was the Next up he was going to be the next Jason Garrett, and he got axed ,then you said Dan Quinn for sure would take Mike McCarthy's job he didn't and now Mike zimmer's here and he's the next guy up!!! :facepalm:

can you please stop why don't you just watch football and see what happens it is the ultimate reality TV show literally you don't know what's going to happen,​
you just gotta watch the games and stop guessing to what people are thinking Mike McCarthy is not being set up to tank, he's not being set up for failure,​
Jerry Jones and this team has never been known to even tank the last game of the season when it can help them with a draft pick they will build this roster and they will win as many games as possible and that will be the goal to get to the playoffs again.​
they are not doing anything on purpose to sabotage Mike McCarthy's job, none of these moves are a surprise this year, these are all things we knew about every move so far that's been made as far as players leaving we knew it and we knew many of them were going with Dan Quinn,,​
this is not a shock , this is exactly how we all saw it happening now we just need to see how they get replaced and we have plenty of time six months before the season starts.​
everyone's trying to get into the mind of Jerry Jones and what might happen and you've been wrong every time,. I mean the thing K Moore was going to be the next Jason Garrett that he was some kind of favorite of Jerry, wrong ,that Dan Quinn they made a deal with him to stay two more years highly paid because they promised him the job again. wrong... you guys are always wrong you can keep guessing until you're right you know like bad seasons are ahead if you say it every offseason eventually it might happen but so far it has not three straight seasons with twelve wins and playoffs and two division titles and you are still trying to figure out how Jerry's trying to sabotage somebody..​
he will not trade losses for his team to look bad over a money left on a deal for MM, he is not tanking they are going to rebuild this team over the next six months if it fails it fails if it doesn't it doesn't but stop overthinking!!!!! :popcorn:o_O There is no evil plan literally this happens every offseason there is big changes roster you lose players you have to go fill out get them filled up coaches leave you have to reboot and redo it I mean it even happened to Philadelphia last year after going to a Super Bowl they changed a lot of their coordinators a lot of their players left they had to rebuild they didn't have the greatest season but they did still win 12 games and now they gotta redo it again this is just the process of the NFL people there's no conspiracy this happens to many teams but at least our team has been finishing top six in the league the last three years at least we are contending regardless if it's not the endings we all hope for...​
And no I don't believe my Zimmer is the next head coach unless his group is heads and tails better than Mike McCarthy's group meaning Mike zimmers was so good the defense was great and somehow the offense failed us and we lost because of that that's not what happened last year last year the offense was better than the defense most of the year the defense failed us in the biggest games and yes the last game they all failed so I believe if the team fails hard everybody will be purged there'll be so many new players and coaches it will be more of a reboot I don't think Mike Zimmer will get the job unless his defense was ridiculously good you know like holding teams under 17 points a game all year long for an average to be one of the best defenses we've ever had in recent history and somehow our offense just ***** the bed yeah maybe he gets the job then... But I don't think it's any plan no,,​

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
These theories people come up with crack me up.
No, Zimmer is the D coordinator because he’s 1 of the very few available guys willing to coach on a 1 year contract for a lame duck head coach. If/when it doesn’t work out this year Zimmer will go back to being retired/unemployed. I mean the man is going to be 68 years old in a couple of months
At least Zims last hurrah will be as a Cowboy. Then he can ride off into the sunset and enjoy the fruits of his labor. Unless Jerry changes the narrative and hires him as hc.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Fat Mike has 3 12 win seasons, who could we get to do that? You don't get rid of the HC when he wins that many games. :p

blueblood70

Reaction score
Mike has no chance to get a new contract. This front office has driven this team into salary cap hell and will have to rely on rookies or backups, who sucked when needed this year, to win. No left tackle, no center, right tackle who is average at best, no running back and only 1 proven WR.
Defense, no interior DL that is good, no LB’s, and secondary that is average.
24 will be a **** show with the coaching staff getting all the blame and repercussions.
Overreact much???!!

did we get in your feelings did Jerry let too many of your favorite players go??!! o_O

look dude we're four days into free agency, the draft hasn't even happened, and you're claiming we don't have a team,hmmm nobody's roster set right now.

lots of players leave teams, they leave big holes, they will be replaced,

by the way we have plenty of people on this team to replace our very average center we can put in Hoffman in an emergency case TJ bass can be the left guard and why we kick out yes our future left tackle could be Tyler Smith since that's what he was drafted for played very well as a rookie. Yes, in your imaginary world if we had a game today being it's Sunday that's how we would put the line up in we would have a line.. And we've actually seen that line up once or twice over the year with guys out a game or two and those two guys Hoffman and bass are pretty solid players our center was not special he's easily replaced and I'm telling you that right now he wasn't bad but he wasn't special...

Really only one proven wide receiver Brandon cooks will be on this team furgeson good target , Turpin can get more targets, But cooks IS a very good #2 wide receiver whether you want to admit it because wherever you came from, you're in La La land you went down the rabbit hole bro... You're trying to say we have no good interior lineman somehow OSA is not good in your opinion he may not be a pro bowler, but the guy is good and again we have six months until the season starts to fill holes...

They will make trades they can make moves up and down the draft order they have undrafted free agents they have players that are still available in free agency and more to come players get cut around the draft time they also get cut with the roster cut downs this process is just started four days in and you think we just don't have a team of course we don't because the ******* season doesn't start until September... I thought you were one of those guys who got on this little train a couple years back and used the term historically bad offseason and then we turned around in won 12 games won the division and went to the second round of the playoffs and then I had to keep receipts and go back and find you guys with all these bad off seasons we have four days into all seasons already doom and gloom and you think this is all going to go to **** before you even see the roster yes right now we don't have a team ready to play game one I don't think any team does...

we already have those guys on this team if and let me say big the game started tomorrow, it does not, thank God we have six months to work on that list !!!​
you think somehow is the worst you ever seen the NFL and there is no such thing as salary cap hell there are many teams that go through this they find the money they build the roster.. The teams with the biggest amounts of money are the teams that are not winning 36 games two division titles and going to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight healthy seasons by your quarterback... It means you have a lot of talent on the team you have to pay a lot of are making big money those other teams I've been purging players in training until they have 100 million in the salary cap to spend but their team has sucked for the last six years do you not understand the difference? The salary cap gets massaged it gets maneuvered you can play around and find the money you need once you target the players you want they will do restructures most of the good teams are the ones that are up against the cap...​

They have the best players under the biggest contracts, and they've been playing well they don't have the luxury I'm trading away all their good players and never paying their players as soon as they come up for next contracts, they get traded that is what teams do they have the most salary cap money. If you're trying to win and you're one of the top six teams the last three years you're gonna have to play the game with the salary cap just because it looks glim now all teams seem to find the money when they need it...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Mike will be through after this year once he remembers he can't discipline the players. He'll pick up his check and head back home unless some team offers him a real job.

exciter

Reaction score
Lord please no!! Keep that kid away from the building. Would be more of a yes man than McCarthy and there would be zero player accountability. Dude should be coaching HS (maybe).
Hmmm… dude has been hired within 5 minutes of becoming available twice. Think football people around the league hold him in much greater esteem than a high school coach.
Regardless, I’m guessing he’s the current front runner pending a complete collapse of Phillys offense!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Barring a deep run in the playoffs, it would seem that Big Mac is most assuredly done after this season. Does Jerry press the “easy button” on the new head coach designation and simply promote Zimmer? He’s a Cowboys alumnus, and probably doesn’t pose a credible threat to Jerry’s authority. Those qualities seem to be more important to him (Jerry) than fielding a playoff contender. And hey, we may no longer lead the league in penalties.

I don’t necessarily like the idea, but could see Jerry doing something like that. Your thoughts?
I think it is possible.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Fat Mike has 3 12 win seasons, who could we get to do that? You don't get rid of the HC when he wins that many games. :p
Not sure, but I know a good amount of coaches that can also win 1 playoff game in 4 tries.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Belichick is still out there
No one wants him. He’s too old and was just another head coach without Tom Brady. Go checkout his W/L record with the other QBs he had in Cleveland and NE.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Lord please no!! Keep that kid away from the building. Would be more of a yes man than McCarthy and there would be zero player accountability. Dude should be coaching HS (maybe).
If Philly’s offense does well Moore will get the credit as they have the same head coach as last season. He’ll be considered the difference. That will get him on the NFL head coach carousel. It doesn’t mean Jerry Jones will want him.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hope the next HC isn’t in the building. We dodged the bullet with Kellen and Quinn.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Jerry's current short list:

Mike Zimmer
Al Harris
Jason Witten

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry's current short list:

Mike Zimmer
Al Harris
Jason Witten
I might swap those top 2 with Harris getting the assistant HC title. Also I think I put another name between Zim and Wit...coach Prime...