Is Nolan still here if so why?

Majic

Reaction score
i doubt hes let go, im betting MM will plead for his job and attach guarantees ie put his own job on the line to give it another season with the right horses..Lobby Jonses to get some better scheme fit and talent on defense to do so..

this is far more about lack of talent at DT, DB and bit at LB with injury and age etc with LVE and LEE..

i dont think any coaches are going to be let go, there wil be mulligan but count on this, 5 games into next season if we gave a 1-3 start where this offense is putting up 30 and losing, Nolan will be fired on the spot as he will know the leash is more then short, its choke chain..

you guy can stomp and throw tantrums here on line but my gut says thats the plan..total reboot with new players , same coaches..

cry all you want , it wont change anything..

I'll go the other way, Nolan will be fired and McCarthy will accept this as he has no leverage due to his own failings. Jerry thinks this is on the coaches not the players

Majic

Reaction score
[
Hes a MM hire and friend. Aslong as MM will be here you can expect Nolan to be here which means we are doomed for a long time. Jerry wont have the guts to fire him after 1 year without a real offseason.

At no point since the Baltimore game has MM praised Nolan. He maybe his friend but this is business. Jerry still invested in McCarthy, but that's it

fivetwos

Reaction score
The performance this year isnt my big issue...

When you consider that 1T is a large part of the scheme and then look at who the FO gave him and who they ran out there....it cant be fully on him.

Then again, is Nolan really the guy to move ahead with regardless?

Then again yet again, maybe MM going to bat for Nolan expedites both of their departures when things dont improve next year.

I'm rooting for MM big time because he is here, but I'm not at all convinced Jerry got this one right.

What's the purpose of an offensive minded HC if Moore is here?

What's the purpose of a walk around coach when his in game decisions arent a strength?

I think I answered my own questions. MM is there to stand on the sidelines because Jerry cant get away with doing that.

He is simply another puppet while Moore, and even bigger puppet, is "groomed" to be the HC.

Jerry's little scheme here is brutally obvious, and itll never work. Maybe playoffs here and there, mostly because the division stinks, but there will be no deep playoff runs with these type of coaches.

mathew1184

Reaction score
I Dont know. Ive been checking in here since the season ended. I dont understand why hes still here.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Yep, they would have been a force with mini camps.

Its also not fair that Dallas was the only team to deal with COVID.

The NFCE champs have a new staff also and arent crying over that.
You guys are tough. Don't call me uniformed. Just going with the general jest.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i am not sure the cowboys have hit rock bottom yet until jerry moves on i dont think there will be any up trend for the cowboys

Sydla

Reaction score
Laugh until you pass out, doesn't change the fact that Dalton didn't pass for a single TD.

Andy Dalton is a backup QB who likely won't be here next year. It should surprise no one that a backup QB at the end of his career struggled.

Mike Nolan's D got absolutely shredded in the first half against arguably the worst, or second worst, offense in football. But yeah, way to go in that 2nd half!

Nolan is a mediocre DC. Unfortunately, it will take a couple of years for Jerry to figure that out.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll go the other way, Nolan will be fired and McCarthy will accept this as he has no leverage due to his own failings. Jerry thinks this is on the coaches not the players

I don't think Jerry is capable of pulling the plug this early. He'll convince himself that Nolan was let down by not having a full offseason and believe that with a more "regular" offseason, Nolan will elevate the D.

It will be a mistake but then again last 25 years of Cowboys football are largely defined by Jerry's mistakes, not his accomplishments.

Majic

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry is capable of pulling the plug this early. He'll convince himself that Nolan was let down by not having a full offseason and believe that with a more "regular" offseason, Nolan will elevate the D.

It will be a mistake but then again last 25 years of Cowboys football are largely defined by Jerry's mistakes, not his accomplishments.

We will see but I doubt this happens. The only time I have heard Jerry directly refer to Nolan was early in the season when he said on a radio show that he was 'OK with Mike' and what he was trying to do.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Andy Dalton is a backup QB who likely won't be here next year. It should surprise no one that a backup QB at the end of his career struggled.

Mike Nolan's D got absolutely shredded in the first half against arguably the worst, or second worst, offense in football. But yeah, way to go in that 2nd half!

Nolan is a mediocre DC. Unfortunately, it will take a couple of years for Jerry to figure that out.
If you've paid any attention, you would know that I was against the Nolan hire from it's infancy. And I'm well aware of his past lack of success. That wasn't my point. You explaining that Dalton is a back-up over and over doesn't change anything. He could have thrown for at least ONE TD.
Wait, are you saying Dalton is a back up QB?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I mean in Nolans defense some of the things the players were doing out there were just dumb and looked like they never played football in their lives. Couldnt even do the basics right

I don't disagree. I think that's one reason why keeping the same system for at least another year might be best, especially if the offseason ends up being limited by COVID again. If we have slow learners, one of the worst things we could do is make them have to quickly adapt to another new system.

Of course, Nolan was trying to force them to be complex and multiple when he should have started out as simplified as possible. So that's on him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't disagree. I think that's one reason why keeping the same system for at least another year might be best, especially if the offseason ends up being limited by COVID again. If we have slow learners, one of the worst things we could do is make them have to quickly adapt to another new system.

Of course, Nolan was trying to force them to be complex and multiple when he should have started out as simplified as possible. So that's on him.
The giants did it with a first year coach our players are just dumb

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Newwy Scruggs on players lounge asked Barry Church and Danny Mccray who did Nolan make better. Mccray said he made every offense we played better lol. Enough said. Yall can say he needs a 1 tech or whatever, hes trash