Is Parcells OVER coaching the players?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I seem to recall after week 1 that Parcells said that he had over coached Ware. This led to Ware being a little rigid during the Chargers game...

Later he stated that he told Ware to just do his thing and now Ware is doing rather well for a rookie.

I think Parcells has done the same thing to Julius and, to a lesser extent, Bledsoe.

No doubt he has driven it home every week that he doesn't want to see mistakes. No mistakes, ever.

Take what you are given. Don't try to make things happen because that's how you make mistakes. We don't want those.

I think that's one of the reasons our offense looks so scared every week. Julius is afraid to loosen up and do his thing. He looks like a robot out there. He just runs straight ahead most of the time. Never tries to make things happen like last year.

Same with Bledsoe. He looks like he is afraid to throw the ball down field. No doubt Parcells has told him to limit his deep passes because he is afraid of the dreaded mistake.

Is there a point where the coach needs to let the players play? I think so. This team could be special if Parcells took off the leash. Let Julius run. Let Bledsoe pass.

Let them do what they do best.

I hope we see it against Philly. If we don't, get ready for another beat down at the hands of McNabb and company.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You cannot overcoach.

The players have to sort it out for themselves. If they fear mistakes, then they are not taking the best out of the coaching they receive.

You can yell at someone so long, but if they are not listening, it will not make a bit of difference.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Garland powerplay said:
being offsides 3 x is not the coach.

I know that. Those offsides penalties didn't lose us the game.

I just feel that Parcells has tied a huge leash around our offense and until he removes it this team won't do anything.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
How do you put a leash on a rb? You hand HIM the ball and HE runs. We arent blocking any one. JJ is barley getting through the line and when he does LBs are running free.

Bledsoe has a leash and Parcells makes it no seceret.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
How do you put a leash on a rb? You hand HIM the ball and HE runs. We arent blocking any one. JJ is barley getting through the line and when he does LBs are running free.

Bledsoe has a leash and Parcells makes it no seceret.

Did you even watch the game?

Running up the middle every time we run the ball? Against the biggest defensive line in the league? They stuff us over and over again yet we run it up the middle over and over anyway?

Hello.

The Raiders front seven is slow. We ran the ball outside once. And it wasn't with Julius. Your players aren't going to be productive if they aren't used properly. It all starts at the top.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watching the way Julius is running this year compared to last year I'd say yes.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Watching the way Julius is running this year compared to last year I'd say yes.

Exactly. All you have to do is watch the Julius from last year and then watch the Julius from this year. He is running scared.

Why?

There were plays today that he could have made if he would have made a cut or two. Instead he just kept running straight ahead. He was taking what the defense was giving him instead of doing what he does best.

Cutting back and making people miss.

Too bad the Raiders weren't giving up very much.

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:

I just feel that Parcells has tied a huge leash around our offense and until he removes it this team won't do anything.

I know dude , I thought Payton was calling the plays now.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Did you even watch the game?

Running up the middle every time we run the ball? Against the biggest defensive line in the league? They stuff us over and over again yet we run it up the middle over and over anyway?

Hello.

The Raiders front seven is slow. We ran the ball outside once. And it wasn't with Julius. Your players aren't going to be productive if they aren't used properly. It all starts at the top.

Hmmmm JJ not geting called to run out side but the faster RB gets those calls.
Hello.
JJ doesnt look anything like the JJ last season. Wasnt it JJ runing to the out side when Sapp of all guys ran him down at the line? Ill watch it again but JJ was caught from behind while trying to bounce out and ran down by thier DE trying the same thing. Thompson had little trouble running up the gutt, why do you think that was? Oakland put slower guys on the field?

btcutter

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:

Leash??? don't think so. He coaches what he has. The way it looks right now, he's got "chicken ****s" for OL and you can't make chick salad out of that. :bang2:

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
Hmmmm JJ not geting called to run out side but the faster RB gets those calls.
Hello.
JJ doesnt look anything like the JJ last season. Wasnt it JJ runing to the out side when Sapp of all guys ran him down at the line? Ill watch it again but JJ was caught from behind while trying to bounce out and ran down by thier DE trying the same thing. Thompson had little trouble running up the gutt, why do you think that was? Oakland put slower guys on the field?

Barber is faster than Julius? Huh?

Parcells gave a rookie right off the bench the ball and told him to get a 1st down on a 3rd down outside running play. Didn't work.

Tyson Thompson was somewhat effective. Too bad we didn't use him more.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
btcutter said:
Leash??? don't think so. He coaches what he has. The way it looks right now, he's got "chicken ****s" for OL and you can't make chick salad out of that. :bang2:

Our offensive line was extremely effective the 1st three weeks. Bledsoe was sacked, but overall he had a lot more time in the pocket and looked much more comfortable behind center.

And Parcells isn't coaching what he has. He is forcing a deep throwing quarterback to bus drive a dink and dunk offense. We won't have a winning record at the end of the season if this continues.

Bledsoe is not a bus driver. They tried it in Buffalo and it didn't work. It won't work here, either.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dragon_mikal said:
Barber is faster than Julius? Huh?

Parcells gave a rookie right off the bench the ball and told him to get a 1st down on a 3rd down outside running play. Didn't work.

Tyson Thompson was somewhat effective. Too bad we didn't use him more.

I never mentioned Barber,IMO hes a waste of time. I was talking about the drive Thopmson had. He ran right up the raiders gut. Maybe JJ is still feeling the effects of his concussion.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC said:
I never mentioned Barber,IMO hes a waste of time. I was talking about the drive Thopmson had. He ran right up the raiders gut. Maybe JJ is still feeling the effects of his concussion.

I thought you were talking about the one toss play we ran. It was to Barber not to Thompson.

I misunderstood you, sorry.

Thompson was effective. Probably because he is playing with a chip on his shoulder and trying to make an impression.

Julius is just playing scared. If he is hurt he needs to sit out. I don't want him hurt worse.