Is Steele The Gallup Of Last Year?

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I am wondering if they did with Steele this year what they did with Gallup last year. Bring them back way too early after those injuries, before they are really ready and put unrealistic expectations on them. Then when they can't meet them or even get close to them it hurts the team. Or are they both just never going to be what they were after such devastating injuries? Might be good if Jerrah stops giving long-term contracts to these guys immediately before finding out that answer.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This is a good point. He looks like a different player and not in a good way.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am wondering if they did with Steele this year what they did with Gallup last year. Bring them back way too early after those injuries, before they are really ready and put unrealistic expectations on them. Then when they can't meet them or even get close to them it hurts the team. Or are they both just never going to be what they were after such devastating injuries? Might be good if Jerrah stops giving long-term contracts to these guys immediately before finding out that answer.
he was totally useless today.

with that said, why didn't the coach and OC call some formation to provide him some help. some additional blocking. that's on the coaches.

Cmac

Reaction score
Gallup is still the Gallup of last year. He should be on the bench. What a terrible contract. That drop was ridiculous
It was a drive stopper and hurt. I've been trying to be a Gallup fan, but he ain't helping the matter at all.

John813

Reaction score
Last year Steele had 439 pass blocking snaps.

1 sack allowed.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...e-steele-stud-recovery-injury-update-contract

He tore his ACL and MCL in December of 2022.

He's a big dude, and sure he doesn't have to cut and run, but he still has to explode out of his stance/anchor.

I don't recall how bad the tears were, but he never spent time on the PUP and was "ahead" of schedule but has been off the entire year. I get players want to get back in ASAP, but the timing seemed very optimistic/pushed.

links18

Reaction score
No, he just stinks. Fool's gold after one decent season, signed to a huge contract. It's the Jones Boyz way....

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
He singled handily killed this team yesterday, penalties has hated us going back to the Flozell Adams days.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, he just stinks. Fool's gold after one decent season, signed to a huge contract. It's the Jones Boyz way....
I think he is rushing back to play too soon and we had no backup plan, except hope he recovered. he is less than one year away from acl surgery and it usually takes a year and it mostly impacts your lateral movement. you can see he has trouble shifting.

I also think our OL scheme sucks this year. we are in a wait and lets react to the defender approach, in prior years we engaged the defender and tried to direct them. this big physical OL needs to take it to the defense, not wait for them to come to them.

btgboys41

Reaction score
I think he will be better and get back to last year form as he gets more distance from his surgery. To answer the OP, yesterday he was the Alex Barron.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Steele was concussed and blind. All game long.

links18

Reaction score
I think he is rushing back to play too soon and we had no backup plan, except hope he recovered. he is less than one year away from acl surgery and it usually takes a year and it mostly impacts your lateral movement. you can see he has trouble shifting.

I also think our OL scheme sucks this year. we are in a wait and lets react to the defender approach, in prior years we engaged the defender and tried to direct them. this big physical OL needs to take it to the defense, not wait for them to come to them.
If he is not ready to play because of injury, he shouldn't be out there, but the Jones Boyz are paying him the big bucks now, so he won't be sitting.