Is Steele The Gallup Of Last Year?

Aven8

Reaction score
It was a drive stopper and hurt. I've been trying to be a Gallup fan, but he ain't helping the matter at all.
It was the difference in 4 more points. We lost by 5…..

lukemartin79

Reaction score
He’s the Gallup and Pollard of this year bc we made the same error 3 times. You don’t pay for past performance and injuries matter.
You are so right, no you don't pay for past performances if you are smart. Its also real smart to wait to see how somebody comes back from a major injury first before giving them big $ and a long-term deal too. But we have Jerry playing GM, so smart is not in the cards, lol.
I think/hope Pollard is being hurt by the poor OL play this year. Keep thinking that maybe he's being miscast as a NO.1 too. Not sure. We may be using him wrong the same as they are doing with Cooks. Im sure Cooks didn't turn to garbage since last year, but he has been useless here this year for some reason.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He can’t move laterally. Textbook sign of the knee being messed up.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I am wondering if they did with Steele this year what they did with Gallup last year. Bring them back way too early after those injuries, before they are really ready and put unrealistic expectations on them. Then when they can't meet them or even get close to them it hurts the team. Or are they both just never going to be what they were after such devastating injuries? Might be good if Jerrah stops giving long-term contracts to these guys immediately before finding out that answer.
I sure hope so because otherwise we need a RT!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are so right, no you don't pay for past performances if you are smart. Its also real smart to wait to see how somebody comes back from a major injury first before giving them big $ and a long-term deal too. But we have Jerry playing GM, so smart is not in the cards, lol.
I think/hope Pollard is being hurt by the poor OL play this year. Keep thinking that maybe he's being miscast as a NO.1 too. Not sure. We may be using him wrong the same as they are doing with Cooks. Im sure Cooks didn't turn to garbage since last year, but he has been useless here this year for some reason.
The point is Jerry and son seem to be good at managing cap space but completely inept at knowing how to use it. They are trying to build almost exclusively through the draft like it’s 1990 but we don’t have a Jimmy Johnson. . Signing an aging vet like Gilmore and another small wr like cooks has done us no good. This past offseason had to be a lot more aggressive to give this team a real chance. We botched the draft and the trade deadline.