Is the curse of Jimmy Johnson finally coming to an end?

CoachD

Reaction score
It's been 26 years since the Cowboys were in the Super Bowl and I think the Jimmy Johnson curse have everything to do with it and the only way Jerry can exercise the Super Bowl demons is to enshrine Jimmy Johnson into the Ring of Honor and the longer he waits the longer the curse will continue. Now he said last night that he's gonna do it ok Jerry will it be before Jimmy's dead?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's the curse of Rowdy. That clown became the Cowboys official mascot in 1996. :muttley:

usa-today-7642703.0.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It's been 26 years since the Cowboys were in the Super Bowl and I think the Jimmy Johnson curse have everything to do with it and the only way Jerry can exercise the Super Bowl demons is to enshrine Jimmy Johnson into the Ring of Honor and the longer he waits the longer the curse will continue. Now he said last night that he's gonna do it ok Jerry will it be before Jimmy's dead?

Sorry I don't believe in curses. I believe teams who are prepared and execute better than their opponent win ball games. When I get to the point of having to bring in Voodoo priestess to win games it is time to give up on sports. As for Jimmy I'm glad he will be put in the ROH and I will be happy to see some others put in the ROH but none of that has anything to do with this team and wins and loses

Brax

Reaction score
Sorry I don't believe in curses. I believe teams who are prepared and execute better than their opponent win ball games. When I get to the point of having to bring in Voodoo priestess to win games it is time to give up on sports. As for Jimmy I'm glad he will be put in the ROH and I will be happy to see some others put in the ROH but none of that has anything to do with this team and wins and loses
never watched the Red Sox have you, it took them 85 years to get past the curse of Ruth. Funny how somethings work........
Babe Ruth and The Curse of the Bambino Babe Ruth Central

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just eat the eye of a newt and spin counter clockwise 5 times under a full moon while repeating "curse be gone!"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I will give Jethro props for last night finally announcing he’d induct Jimmy into Cowboys ROH.

But like Jimmy said, when?

Otherwise it was just another case of our frikin prom Queen playing to the camera.

And koodos to Bradshaw for putting him on the spot. Not sure if that was scripted or not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But to answer the “ cursed” question. I’d say probably not.Most likely not until his last breathe has been taken.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Uh, there was no curse. The fact Barry Switzer has a trophy proves that.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
A trophy with Jimmy's team. Let's not act as if Barry came in and built a team from scratch
Oh, 100% Switzer won with Jimmy's players.

However, if one buys into the myth of a curse, well, then curses apply to coaches winning with someone else players.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes I think it finally is.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Oh, 100% Switzer won with Jimmy's players.

However, if one buys into the myth of a curse, well, then curses apply to coaches winning with someone else players.
I personally don't believe in curses but like to joke about the Jimmy curse. How ironic would it be if we won the SB this season after Jimmy finally gets in? Fans would really hate Jerry; swearing that we would have had more rings if he had put Jimmy in sooner lol.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I personally don't believe in curses but like to joke about the Jimmy curse. How ironic would it be if we won the SB this season after Jimmy finally gets in? Fans would really hate Jerry; swearing that we would have had more rings if he had put Jimmy in sooner lol.

If that's what it takes I'll buy that for a dollar.

links18

Reaction score
Uh, what curse is that? The one where the clueless owner thinks he is a GM? No, that one is still going on and will be passed onto his son, I am afraid.