Is There A Better Fit For Dak?

cowboyed

Reaction score
...but he'll still live in Jacksonville.

Ok, he will still live in Jacksonville. That already dawned on me before the first rays of the sun hit Northeast Florida.

Why does it really matter to you what the cost of apartment living is, if Dak for whatever reason, ended up in Jacksonville and played for the Jaguars?

Considering his compensation, he could buy an entire apartment complex let alone rent a unit.

What's next, the cost of utilities are lower and he won't have to put a deposit down with the Jacksonville Electric Authority if Dak goes there?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Ok, he will still live in Jacksonville. That already dawned on me before the first rays of the sun hit Northeast Florida.

Why does it really matter to you what the cost of apartment living is, if Dak for whatever reason, ended up in Jacksonville and played for the Jaguars?

Considering his compensation, he could buy an entire apartment complex let alone rent a unit.

What's next, the cost of utilities are lower and he won't have to put a deposit down with the Jacksonville Electric Authority if Dak goes there?

He would be in an apartment complex (in a run down area) without anyone noticing and in so much negative equity that in 3 / 4 years time (when he's looking for a new apartment), he wont be able to afford anything other than another undesirable area.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He would be in an apartment complex (in a run down area) without anyone noticing and in so much negative equity that in 3 / 4 years time (when he's looking for a new apartment), he wont be able to afford anything other than another undesirable area.
Sounds like your talking about Marion Barber.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I've been super critical of him, but I might agree with you here. A lot of QBs won Super bowls that weren't the greatest. We have a 2-3 year window here. Give him a 4 year contract, what's the alternative? Go with Dalton? C'mon now.

My main issue is not with Dak, it's with the hard cap. It would be nice if they gave resigning drafted players a cap reduction. Then we wouldn't have all of these problems. It would improve the league IMO.

I think this would be good.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Just trying to find Dak's potential suitors.

Assuming as well as $ he's looking to further his career (and enhance his next contract) he's looking for a team that would at least contend and have a decent offence. I doubt he'd consider a team that's in or going into 'Rebuild Mode' as he's only wants 3 /4 year contract.

The team would need a QB in the next two seasons and Cap space.

So which teams are left??

The best fits looking at the above are imo:

1) Titans - though don't think they'd spend big on a QB when they still have Tannehill producing
2) Cowboys - providing we Franchise Dak in 2020 our weakness is we have limited CAP Space
3) Colts
4) Bears - poor offence
5) Panthers - just poor
6) Jaguars