Is there a blue-print on Cowboys?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think there is a blueprint.

Our run game is complete **** with Zeke and all of his injuries and it appears teams aren’t respecting it at all. Without a run game, defenses can pin their ears back, play press & come after the QB.

Solution: Start Pollard!

i vote lqmac----player personnel president of cowboys

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
NO NO NO YOU HAVE COMMENTATORS and fans say how we need to establish the run, run Zeke and he only gets 2 yards every play which makes you load the box to stop the run or pass, COWBOYS o line is suspect at pass blocking, while everyone thinks they're so great

,mr Coogig---- do you think this 10 day rest in which we get back Gregory even more game ready DLAw Gallimore, Trysten Hill Gallimore ., Gallimore and Hillplaying inside and Dlaw playing tackle when Gregory and Parsons pinning ears back...got to dig up some decent linebackers we are hurting there...and get Kelvin Joseph going too in backfield along with our safeties.....but we must reconfigure O line so we are
the dog pound again and Dak hopefully fully healthy and throwing dimes like starting of season....remember it was pick your poison...you try to load box we burn you with our receivers you try to play back and we
run all over you....come on coaches this is final run...lets not fizzle out....flame out to playoffs and start our fire breathing warm-ups before games and the opponent not wanting to come out of hiding

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As anyone whose been in the construction industry knows; blueprints are only as good as the expertise and execution of those who understand them. So basically it’s a day to day, week to week occurrence.

mr Bob----thanks for insight....probably needed to hear it

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Tampa exposed the blueprint to beat KC in the Super Bowl last year. KC's offense still hasn't recovered, they've been in a funk for two months now. Defenses are giving them more Cover 2 looks to take away the big plays downfield. KC also can't/won't run the ball, similar to the Cowboys since this slump started.

mr TheCoolFan---- i am sorry but i just dont want Bucs to win again because they got the GOAT.....and what is up with New England # 1 seed AFC?.......man Belicheck is doing some serious coaching

come on Cowboys i want us to bring fear to other coaching side...oh man it's McCarthey..oh man we aint got a shot?...can we have some of that..it is asking too much?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Once your offense goes cold after a couple of series, time to go to a 2-minute offense. You have to do something to get the defense discombobulated.

And I'd consider going more bunch sets (not spread out) - 2 TE sets or 2 RB sets just to confuse coverages. No more empty sets. Max-protect and get Dak moving to his right if possible. No more bootlegs (except maybe twice a game) since they've caught on to that. If their corners press, then have at least one of those receivers running a 9 or go route, if they line up deep off the LOS, throw quick hitters/hitches or WR screens and let Ceedee do his thing.

If they show, for example a blitz coming from the right side, Dak's throwing side, you should audible protection, pull them in, and hit Pollard on a quick hitter or forward swing pass, hit the go, quick slant, or quick hitter with Schultz.

If they persist on populating the LOS to stop the run, then I'd run 3 WR set the entire game and work the center of the field with Schultz. I'd add rub routes and trips formation with all three receivers on one side and Schultz on the other side.

Those are just a few examples.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Cowboys blueprints for sale here...$44 per set of plans.
Please make your check out Obidiah.

khiladi

Reaction score
If you don’t have to sell out to stop the run and get the type of pressure on the QB that the standard NFL team faces on a weekly basis, then Dak will look like the pretender he is.. that’s the blueprint

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The problem for this offense is simple, stop the run. If Dallas cant run the ball, then the other team can play tight man coverage on the WRs and force Dak to throw into tight windows.

The stats back this up............Dallas has only won 1 game this year with less than 100 yards rushing and that was Rush's win.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
There's a blue print on every team in the league.

Yep and it's the same for every team.. Control the line of scrimmage.. stop the run, pressure the QB.. You do those two things better than the other team and you will win 90% of the time pretty much regardless of whatever else you do.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think it’s clear that teams aren’t afraid of running the ball on us. Especially, up the gut.

cffl2323

Reaction score
Hope we have key injuries, half the coaching staff not at the game, and playing a ton of games in a short period of time. Good luck, even that only works half the time.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not a blueprint, it's poor execution of the fundamentals.

The brain trust has made the mistake of thinking this is the OL of the past and their picks not in the 1st round are not panning out.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I think there is a blue print on the current state of the Cowboys. At full health this unit is tough to stop though. Oline is banged up, Missing Coop, missing Lamb, Dak may or may not be 100%, Zeke clearly isnt healthy. Right now teams are able to stack what feels like 10 in the box, tight man coverage on the outside, and force Dak to make a play on tight coverage under quick pressure. So far he hasnt been able to do so consistently. There are a lot of issues with this offense right now, but I think if they can fix the short/intermediate passing game the rest of the offense will pick up as well.
Asking Dak to make quick decisions hit his 3 step drop and throw an accurate pass consistently on a crosser is a pipe dream. Aint happenng. He aint that guy.