Is there a prospect you may have overlooked--not Cowboy related

chicago JK

Reaction score
I admit, I didn't watch much college football this year. Although I keep track of the daft sites year round. Come draft time, I am pretty solid in my knowledge with magazines, NFL network and the other draft websites. For some reason, I never gave Jon Beason much interest. Maybe it is because he has a boring name or maybe it is because the talent isn't flowing out of Miami as it did a few years ago. Now I know Beason isn't probably a fit for a 3-4 defense, but he has caught my eye.

Up until a few weeks ago, I thought it was a reach when I saw his name in the later first round of some mock drafts. Although last week I was watching NFL network and they had some highlights of Beason. Now I know his 40 time wasn't great but he just looks faster than everyone in live game action. I only saw five or so highlights of him but he was a guy I had definately overlooked. Now I expect him to probably go in the first round (eventhough linebackers tend to fall on draft day) and will no longer be shocked when it happens.

Does anyone else have any pretty highly rated prospects you overlooked and are now coming around to?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'll say just about all of them. I only watch college football for the game itself. I don't really look for prospects. I just can't watch two unranked teams play each other and give a damn about the game or the prospects. Unless they played for a top team in a meaningful game I likely didn't watch them.