Is there a rule in the NFL that prohibits Dallas to throw deep in a game?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak doesnt trust his own abilities, and when your franchise QB is scared to throw deep or even intermediate routes vs even zone coverage, then you have a mentally, incapable, unrepairable, franchise disaster at QB, and thats exactly what we have.
Dak is terrified that he throws a pick, because he knows that accuracy, timing, and defensive scheme understanding, have never been part of his game.
Thought he could out grow that fear, but it only got worse once he got paid.
Its like he fears becoming elite like he is paid to be, because he always knew he could never be.
But man got elite pay, so congrats to another pretender hoodwinking Jerry.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dak was smarter when he had the ability/nerve to take it himself. Now he just panics when his first choice isn't there, missing wide-open targets in the process.

Say what you may about Dak but his best years were when Garrett was coach. Garrett called a run you better believe we would run. Dak is audibling every darn play nearly. And letting the clock drain to 1 before the snap. You don't think defenses doesn't see this and start timing their charge? Where is Moore and McCarthy to tell Dak to run what's called????

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Look, me lad, Dak prefers the 10-yard passes to a TE and not the long ball.
But these short passes being batted down get old.
My prediction: In the playoffs Dak will throw an inconsequential pass to Schultz. It will be batted or tipped and caught by the D and taken for a pick 6. Then we can lament another year of not getting the brass ring, old fellow.

There was 3-4 passes to Schultz that were wobbly bobby that coulda been picked.

Defenses are forcing us to beat them w our checkdown tes.

They don't care if schultz catches 10 passes a game. The odd of him scoring or breaking off a chunk play is like trying to hit the Lottery

I don't see the point of him playing all of those passing snaps. He's lined up in the slot running routes 80%+ of the time.

I'd rather have a better 4th WR or extra RB on most 3rd downs. We haven't seen much at all and certainly no running from a spread formation.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dak doesn't trust his own abilities, and when your franchise QB is scared to throw deep or even intermediate routes vs even zone coverage, then you have a mentally, incapable, unrepairable, franchise disaster at QB, and that's exactly what we have.
Dak is terrified that he throws a pick because he knows that accuracy, timing, and defensive scheme understanding, have never been part of his game.
Thought he could outgrow that fear, but it only got worse once he got paid.
It's like he fears becoming elite like he is paid to be because he always knew he could never be.
But the man got elite pay, so congrats to another pretender hoodwinking Jerry.
you dang hater. dak is hurt. shoulder, calf, vag, and brain. look at those glassed-over eyes, he's hurting or drunk or on peds.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Say what you may about Dak but his best years were when Garrett was coach. Garrett called a run you better believe we would run. Dak is audibling every darn play nearly. And letting the clock drain to 1 before the snap. You don't think defenses doesn't see this and start timing their charge? Where is Moore and McCarthy to tell Dak to run what's called????

MM and Moore don't have any nerve, same as Garrett. MM looks shell-shocked over on the sideline most of the time, like he got plucked out of bed and dropped on Mars.

morat1959

Reaction score
To throw deep in a game????? I mean Dallas offense has to be the most simplest offense to prepare for. As a corner you don't worry about them going deep. Basically play physical up front and their Oline will crumble. Or get called for penalties. Running game worry for our opponent is over. So the only thing left is Dink and dunk all the way down the field. Defense just lays back and wait for whoever to catch the ball and tackle them. 2 yard gain.2nd down same thing..two maybe 3 yard gain. Now you looking at 3rd and 5 or 6 and the defense just blitz against the weak azzzzzzz OLine. Moore never sneaks in a screen to make them pay. And that DUMB wide receiver screen to Lamb is going to get taken back for 6 if they keep running it. Everyone knows it's coming and it's just plain luck the Arizona corner dropped the ball on the play. Just can't understand the love for Kellen Moore. He's good versus bad teams but good teams hand him his hat practically every time. Maybe McCarthy just don't trust his receivers. Somebody said something about pulled hamstrings:facepalm: Lamb now seems to think he's made it. Cooper is part time. May show up. May not. Gallup hurt. Wilson and Turner maybe our only hope. I'd love for them to throw one fly pattern to Turner. Just one:facepalm:
It’s call the Dak rule. It will be implemented upon his HOF induction.

morat1959

Reaction score
This.

throwing deep requires time that Dak isn’t getting.
He has no pocket awareness! He would pick up a second or 2 if he would step up in pocket or away from the pressure. Dak has no clue where to go when he gets pressure. Much less read a pre snap blitz and know where it’s coming from pre-snap.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He has no pocket awareness! He would pick up a second or 2 if he would step up in pocket or away from the pressure. Dak has no clue where to go when he gets pressure. Much less read a pre snap blitz and know where it’s coming from pre-snap.
scouting report and Aikman mentioned that in the Atlanta game when he went into shell shock.

Shane612

Reaction score
Do you run so you can pass, or pass so you can run?
This team hasn't been good at either, lately.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
All I wanna see is up temple and deep passes to Coop starting Saturday. Nothing wonderous about that Wonderboy Moore.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I do think there is an element of overthinking in daks game to some extent. When he’s just out there playing we all know how great he can be. Week 1 is a prime example. Going up against Brady…. Nothing to lose. He just went out and played great

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
To throw deep in a game????? I mean Dallas offense has to be the most simplest offense to prepare for. As a corner you don't worry about them going deep. Basically play physical up front and their Oline will crumble. Or get called for penalties. Running game worry for our opponent is over. So the only thing left is Dink and dunk all the way down the field. Defense just lays back and wait for whoever to catch the ball and tackle them. 2 yard gain.2nd down same thing..two maybe 3 yard gain. Now you looking at 3rd and 5 or 6 and the defense just blitz against the weak azzzzzzz OLine. Moore never sneaks in a screen to make them pay. And that DUMB wide receiver screen to Lamb is going to get taken back for 6 if they keep running it. Everyone knows it's coming and it's just plain luck the Arizona corner dropped the ball on the play. Just can't understand the love for Kellen Moore. He's good versus bad teams but good teams hand him his hat practically every time. Maybe McCarthy just don't trust his receivers. Somebody said something about pulled hamstrings:facepalm: Lamb now seems to think he's made it. Cooper is part time. May show up. May not. Gallup hurt. Wilson and Turner maybe our only hope. I'd love for them to throw one fly pattern to Turner. Just one:facepalm:
Wondering the same thing.

GINeric

Reaction score
That's the biggest problem. IMO. Rodgers has always said or hinted that when in Greenbay MM was there for the ride. All on Rodgers. Seems like the same MO in Dallas without a Rodgers. If Moore is to chicken or don't wanna rock his friendship with Dak then McCarthy should step in and tell Dak to run the damn play called. Or tell Boise State throw happy Moore to run the damn ball. This isn't Boise State.

I disagree that MM was in GB for the ride... if thats the case, why haven't Rodgers won any more Superbowls WITHOUT MM???