Is there ANY football sense to talking to Johnny Manziel at the combine?

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
At least five teams need a QB ahead of Dallas in the draft - Romo have five years left on his $108m extension.

Johnny Manziel is not coming here.

And YET, Jones wastes one of his 60 interviews at the combine to talk, talk, talk about Manziel - it's all over www.nfl.com and other sports outlets enabling this publicity hound.

Getting attention is more important than winning - period.

Don't tell me the Jones are serious about winning when they do this.

Mission Impossible: If this makes football sense, please explain.

foofighters

Reaction score
Wait...you're mad because Jerry was talking about Johnny Football? Everyone is talking about this guy. If you haven't learned by now that Jerry will always talk out of his butt, then you're in for one heck of a ride.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
^ I'm not alone.

It just shouts he cares about publicity more than exercising good football sense - acting like a Kardashian - not a Belichick.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Ummm, let's say he is there at 16 and we had not talked to him...the offer we get immediately goes down.

The hint that we might take him means we get more in return.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
One of us could win the lottery, too.

I'm thinking like Landry - focus on what you are most likely to succeed at...in other words talk to the players you need and have a realistic chance of getting. Anyone want to suggest Jerry can draft better than Landry? Jerry is just being a publicity wh*** and at this point it broadcasts his football incompetence.

foofighters

Reaction score
One of us could win the lottery, too.

I'm thinking like Landry - focus on what you are most likely to succeed at...in other words talk to the players you need and have a realistic chance of getting. Anyone want to suggest Jerry can draft better than Landry? Jerry is just being a publicity wh*** and at this point it broadcasts his football incompetence.

I don't care much for Jerry at all but this is just crazy. "I'm thinking like Landry"...hogwash. If I were GM, I'd be talking to as many players as I could. Why? Because you never know what may fall into your lap and you ALWAYS want to be prepared. Only talking to a select group of people will limit yourself. Now is Jerry thinking like this? Nope, because you're right, he is an attention ***** and is just trying to get into the spotlight. However, you are on the same page as he with this post.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
If I were GM, I'd be talking to as many players as I could
Each team is only allowed 60 interviews at the combine - 20% of the players in this year's draft. Call me stupid for focusing on they players you have a realistic chance to land instead of doing it Jerry's way. I'm just fed up with fans/sponsors that enable Jerry's behavior at the expense of winning.

foofighters

Reaction score
Each team is only allowed 60 interviews at the combine - 20% of the players in this year's draft. Call me stupid for focusing on they players you have a realistic chance to land instead of doing it Jerry's way. I'm just fed up with fans/sponsors that enable Jerry's behavior at the expense of winning.
Ya, I know it's 60. Why not use them all up?
Especially with a guy like Johnny football? And for the record I dnt even think we should go with him.