Is there any potential cap cuts on this list from other teams that tickle your fancy?

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
I was browsing ESPN and came across this update list of 'potential' cap casualties, it was no surprise to see big Larry and Laroi Glover's names on the list for the Cowboys.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2341755

There sure are a lot of big names being tossed around as potential cap casualties in the coming days as teams continue to trim the fat and save money.

There are a ton of safetys and Olinemen on the list, including some very big names. So what is everybody else's 'wish list' looling like if some of these players would come at the right price?

Some names that I have a keen interest in start are a couple of Drew's former teamates: Lawyer Malloy and Eric Moulds. John Kasey would be an interesting option at kicker assuming Vanderjagt and Viniteri aren't available. And Mike Alstott would be a huge upgrade at FB.

Any thoughts?

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I was browsing ESPN and came across this update list of 'potential' cap casualties, it was no surprise to see big Larry and Laroi Glover's names on the list for the Cowboys.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2341755

There sure are a lot of big names being tossed around as potential cap casualties in the coming days as teams continue to trim the fat and save money.

There are a ton of safetys and Olinemen on the list, including some very big names. So what is everybody else's 'wish list' looling like if some of these players would come at the right price?

Some names that I have a keen interest in start are a couple of Drew's former teamates: Lawyer Malloy and Eric Moulds. John Kasey would be an interesting option at kicker assuming Vanderjagt and Viniteri aren't available. And Mike Alstott would be a huge upgrade at FB.

Any thoughts?

I need to find his stats but I just don't like him now. Not the kicker he once was.
I thought that the Panthers should've kept Nedney a few years back.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
From that list Daunte Culpepper for sure.

Rodney Harrison wouldn't hurt my feelings at S.

Love to have Derrick Brooks at SOLB.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:

:banghead: :puke::explode::insane:

But other than that, yes Harrison would be a solid veteran choice provided he can still play after the injury he suffered last year.

And yes Brooks is another Buc I would take a hard look at as well.

rojan

Reaction score
Vinnie2u said:
Laverneus Coles would not hurt.

I second that...Man that guy is tough..I rmember watchin him catching 9 catches,8 out of 9 were 7 yard slants a game for the Dedskins.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile said:

You're insane. Again.

Except for Brooks.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Thats a definite "No, thanks".

Brooks is a 4-3 weakside backer. He'd struggle mightily as a 3-4 SOLB.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
junk said:
Thats a definite "No, thanks".

Brooks is a 4-3 weakside backer. He'd struggle mightily as a 3-4 SOLB.
It's true, he might. But His leadership would be nice. Harrison provides it too.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Hostile said:
It's true, he might. But His leadership would be nice. Harrison provides it too.

I agree about the leadership aspect. The D could use a vet leader.

I like Derek Smith as an ILB bridge to Burnett and vet leader.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
junk said:
I agree about the leadership aspect. The D could use a vet leader.

I like Derek Smith as an ILB bridge to Burnett and vet leader.
Not a bad call at all.

neosapien23

Reaction score
I would like Mike Williams to be brought in for a low one year contract. Maybe a change of scenary would help. Would also like Eric Moulds. He and Keyshawn could battle it out for the number 2 WR spot. It would also provide excellent depth if a WR went down for the season.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
I would like Mike Williams to be brought in for a low one year contract. Maybe a change of scenary would help. Would also like Eric Moulds. He and Keyshawn could battle it out for the number 2 WR spot. It would also provide excellent depth if a WR went down for the season.

Who are you implying the #1 receiver is going to be then? T Glenn? Crayton? Santonio Holmes? or did you mean that the winner between moulds/keyshawn would be #1 and the loser #2?

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
I like Chris Bober, Na'il Diggs, Jeremy Newberry, Kyle Brady, Lavar Arrington, Greg Wesley, and Mike Williams. If we could get any of them fairly cheap that would be nice.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Who are you implying the #1 receiver is going to be then? T Glenn? Crayton? Santonio Holmes? or did you mean that the winner between moulds/keyshawn would be #1 and the loser #2?

Terry Glenn.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile said:

wow...couldnt disagree more with any of those

Culpepper I wouldnt want even if he were healthy...but being that he's not and coming off a truly awful, horrendous showing this past yr I wouldnt touch him with a ten foot poll

what position is Rodney Harrison going to play here? he certainly isnt a cover safety, and he is not going to replace Roy Williams at SS

Derrick Brooks at OLB in the 3-4? he'd be road kill...not to mention the fact he is past his prime anyway

David