CFZ Is there enough money for a quality coaching staff?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I could be wrong but this owner does not like paying big coach salaries and particularly to coaches out the door. Which is why they waited to let these contracts expire as well as Garrett's.

I also assume Moore made some concessions to get out of his contract as part of his side of the deal.

The Joneses have never seemed to value coaching highly and Parcells was here only as means to an end.

I am also assuming Quinn got another bump to stay but at what expense? Does that mean less to go around for the rest of the staff?

Every time I read what Payton is wanting and saw the Cowboys anywhere in that article, I laughed. Think he is paying any HC 20M a year? And while on that subject, if Payton were to take them to the SB, who do you think gets credit? Him or the man that hired him. This owner has already been down that road and that wasn't good enough for him. And because of the media, the perception of Payton v McCarthy is totally distorted.

I think the requirements list for these coaches has their salary right at the top of the list and that should not be but there are many things about this team that should not be.
There is no limit or Cap for coaches salaries . He stepped up for DQ paying him 5 million which is like an average HC salary .

So money isn’t an issue . Jethro’s reluctance to bring in named HC is more of the issue than their salary.

And I’d agree Jethro prefers not to pay severance salary. I also don’t believe what he paid DQ will limit or impact what he’d pay other asst coaches.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Some serious disconnect in your dendrils. Let’s make something up with no basis, ignore counter evidence, then use our made up theory to trash something. Why anyone would have made this old troll a mod I’ll never understand

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some serious disconnect in your dendrils. Let’s make something up with no basis, ignore counter evidence, then use our made up theory to trash something. Why anyone would have made this old troll a mod I’ll never understand
Wow. He’s not a troll. I’ve been following him for 15 years in these Cowboy boards. Not sure how you’d arrive at that.

Yes, he brings critical thinking .

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I could be wrong but this owner does not like paying big coach salaries and particularly to coaches out the door. Which is why they waited to let these contracts expire as well as Garrett's.

I also assume Moore made some concessions to get out of his contract as part of his side of the deal.

The Joneses have never seemed to value coaching highly and Parcells was here only as means to an end.

I am also assuming Quinn got another bump to stay but at what expense? Does that mean less to go around for the rest of the staff?

Every time I read what Payton is wanting and saw the Cowboys anywhere in that article, I laughed. Think he is paying any HC 20M a year? And while on that subject, if Payton were to take them to the SB, who do you think gets credit? Him or the man that hired him. This owner has already been down that road and that wasn't good enough for him. And because of the media, the perception of Payton v McCarthy is totally distorted.

I think the requirements list for these coaches has their salary right at the top of the list and that should not be but there are many things about this team that should not be.
The likely scenario is the better Assistants may shun Dallas due to Jerry's habit of stringing coaches along as lame ducks with the real possibility of a sudden and unforeseen need to find a new job. Having kids in school and a mortgage on a home can get dicey when you only have a couple of months to pick up the pieces and move to a new city.

Aven8

Reaction score
I would've kept Kellen Moore and let him earn that money doing something else offense related.
Kellen is off the books now that he’s with LA. He was making 2.1 million having said that. Crazy!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Worth has nothing to do with how money for certain things is perceived by rich people. Worked with many of them for years.

Ask the waitstaff at a high-end restaurant about rich people and tipping.

In my experience in business dealing with many affluent clients….the really rich are sometimes the most shrewd or cheap going.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Kellen is off the books now that he’s with LA. He was making 2.1 million having said that. Crazy!
Coaches are contract in. He will still get paid by the Cowboys plus whatever new contract he has with the Chargers.

Forneymike

Reaction score

Jerry has 13 billion dollars. I think he can find money for coaches if he wants too

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The Cowboys are wealthiest franchise and professional sports. They build state of the art facilities. Jerry needs to get past hiring someone he can be friends with and hire a disciplinarian and let him choose his staff regardless of cost. It's not like the Cowboys can't afford it. There's no cap on coaches and the Cowboys have more than enough money.
THIS^^^^^^^
Hire a hard nose coach and get out of his way!
Remember, it worked with Jimmy !!!!!

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Worth has nothing to do with how money for certain things is perceived by rich people. Worked with many of them for years.

Ask the waitstaff at a high-end restaurant about rich people and tipping.
So what your saying is... This is like hiring a cook from McDonalds to run your high priced restaurant.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Greed and Power Hunger is what is ailing the Jones. They could easily sign a big named coach, but they won't because they're greedy money hungry power-seeking idiots who want it all for nothing! Not one Jones would dare hire someone who would demand football personnel control over the Dallas Cowboys. So, we're stuck with dreams of YESTERDAY.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Payton was not a serious contender, but not because Jerry wasn't willing to pay, Jerry wasn't willing to concede the amount of power he wanted. Payton was on record stating the two biggest factors would be ownership and FO, that pretty much eliminated Dallas from any equation.