Is this Extremeskins?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CATCH17;2296676 said:
Agreed.

Im ashamed of a lot of posters and their immediate we suck threads/posts.

We were going to lose a game this year. I just didn't know we had so many haters that weren't from other teams but from are own.

There is things to get mad about dont get me wrong. But I can't believe how so many people can throw a good team like this under the bus after 1 game.

My favorite line is "if Dallas doesn't when the superbowl than they are over rated."

That in itself is crazy to me. There is expectations we have to meet but not doing what only one team gets to do at the end of the season does not mean we are over rated.
We don't suck. We got outplayed, out hustled, and out scored. No doubt about that. But anyone who thinks this team sucks doesn't know squat about football.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
wesleyc288;2296390 said:
All of this griping and complaining about the officials is really getting rediculous. Sure, the officials missed some pretty obvious calls. But you know what, the officials were poor yesterday on both sides.

Some of the posts that I have been reading on here suggest that the league has formed a plot against the cowboys. Did the Commanders probably have a few more calls go their way? the answer is probably yes. But is there a conspiracy against the cowboys with the NFL officials. NO!

I mean seriously, if someone from another teams fanbase were reading this forum right now we would sound like a bunch of excuse making homers. This is not usually the case at cowboyszone, or at least it hasnt been since I have been a member here.

Lets face the facts, We didnt show up to play against the Commanders on Sunday. The Commanders DID! They wanted this game a lot more than we did, and it was clear to anyone watching that this was the case. We got out-played, and out-coached and we have no one to blame for this except the players and the coaching staff.

Another thing....Did we really expect the cowboys to go undefeated? I think the players AND THE COACHING STAFF deserve a little bit of slack.
This is just the first quarter of the season.....we still have a LONG WAY TO GO. I read one poster on here this morning that put it best " This isnt a race, It's a marathon." and We Still have 3/4 of the way to go.

We lost to the Commanders, it wasnt the first time.....and it wont be the last. Of course It sucks when you lose to possibly your biggest rival, but thats why its called a RIVALRY.

Hopefully our players can put this loss behind them, but at the same time.....LEARN FROM IT.

So please.....Stop making excuses (it makes us all look stupid), and dont jump off the cliff just yet......you might miss out on something great! ;)

very nice post!! :) LETS MOVE ON!! we got beat and thats all to it!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hostile;2296697 said:
We don't suck. We got outplayed, out hustled, and out scored. No doubt about that. But anyone who thinks this team sucks doesn't know squat about football.

Yeah I tottally agree.

Washington came out and beat us at our own game.

We are the ones who usually try and hit the other team in the mouth.

Yesterday we wanted to finesse them. They wanted to punch us in the nose.

Punching teams in the nose is usually how you win games in this division.

We got out everything'd. The funny thing is we couldn't have played a more disinterested game and we still almost won.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2296478 said:
I agree with the content but not with the title.

Certainly ES has it's share of "sky is falling" posters, but it isn't that bad.

Every message board has these members. You should read the Panthers or Falcons boards...pure comedy.

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

Carl Jung

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Sonny#9;2296711 said:
"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

Carl Jung
Dude, that friggin' hurts.

"Have you ever noticed that anyone who drives slower than you is an idiot and anyone who drives faster is a maniac?" --George Carlin

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;2296717 said:

"Have you ever noticed that anyone who drives slower than you is an idiot and anyone who drives faster is a maniac?" --George Carlin

Anyone that is driving faster than I am is a maniac or should be on a race track. :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2296719 said:
Anyone that is driving faster than I am is a maniac or should be on a race track. :laugh2:
There was a rancher in my home town that was always on his son Phil about driving. Phil and I were good friends.

If Phil was going to fast he'd say, "damn boy, we ain't off to the races."

If Phil wasn't driving fast enough to suit him he;d say, "drive boy, like we're off to the races."

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2296719 said:

Drinking the Yeag, head bangin to Metallica, and going 95 on the free way ey?

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Hostile;2296717 said:

"You know Austin, we're not that different you and I..." -- Dr. Evil

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Hostile;2296697 said:

(I didn't want to multi-quote) But I knew a few folks would understand that "30" post. Cheers.
(And H31, No hard feelings bro, I and just teasing ya)

As to this one:
I agree 100%.
Same as we talk smack back and forth...I know what I see these teams doing on the field win or lose, and I know how dangerous that is for my team.

For example, I might think the Rams suck, but I watch their games and pick apart their strengths and weaknesses. I can't just dismiss them and EXPECT to win.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
We lost to the better team yesterday that's all, we are still 3-1 and are now in the soft part of the schedule, the Cowboys need to tweek a few things but we'll be OK.

SweetDC

Reaction score
wesleyc288;2296390 said:
All of this griping and complaining about the officials is really getting rediculous. Sure, the officials missed some pretty obvious calls. But you know what, the officials were poor yesterday on both sides.

Some of the posts that I have been reading on here suggest that the league has formed a plot against the cowboys. Did the Commanders probably have a few more calls go their way? the answer is probably yes. But is there a conspiracy against the cowboys with the NFL officials. NO!

I mean seriously, if someone from another teams fanbase were reading this forum right now we would sound like a bunch of excuse making homers. This is not usually the case at cowboyszone, or at least it hasnt been since I have been a member here.

Lets face the facts, We didnt show up to play against the Commanders on Sunday. The Commanders DID! They wanted this game a lot more than we did, and it was clear to anyone watching that this was the case. We got out-played, and out-coached and we have no one to blame for this except the players and the coaching staff.

Another thing....Did we really expect the cowboys to go undefeated? I think the players AND THE COACHING STAFF deserve a little bit of slack.
This is just the first quarter of the season.....we still have a LONG WAY TO GO. I read one poster on here this morning that put it best " This isnt a race, It's a marathon." and We Still have 3/4 of the way to go.

We lost to the Commanders, it wasnt the first time.....and it wont be the last. Of course It sucks when you lose to possibly your biggest rival, but thats why its called a RIVALRY.

Hopefully our players can put this loss behind them, but at the same time.....LEARN FROM IT.

So please.....Stop making excuses (it makes us all look stupid), and dont jump off the cliff just yet......you might miss out on something great! ;)
I truly don't think it has to be an either/or analysis. We can complain about bad officiating while also complaining about how badly we played. I mean when one of our players almost gets decapitated ;) by a Commander ripping his helmet off and the refs don't call it, we have a right to mention it a time or two in conversation. Though no one placing our entire loss on bad officiating--at least I hope not. There are tons of threads berating our performance.

But missed calls are missed opportunities. Opportunities that built into how the game is played. One side messes up; the other side is rewarded. Rewards usually result in a very valuable 1st down. 1st downs can often be the difference between win or lose. When the rewards are unfairly distributed, the have-nots are denied very valuable 1st downs for which they are entitled to receive--not by gift but by right. We earned those rewards just like the other side earned (and received) theirs. We shouldn't have to play harder to compensate for something we should have received. This gives an unfair advantaged to the other team.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Hostile;2296697 said:

Man you're always on point!!!!!:hammer:

Mansta54

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2297016 said:
We lost to the better team yesterday that's all, we are still 3-1 and are now in the soft part of the schedule, the Cowboys need to tweek a few things but we'll be OK.

This is so untrue!!! We were definately outplayed and out coached but I damn sure don't see them as the better team. Don't know how you do either..

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Sonny#9;2296711 said:

Carl Jung

Mmm, nice

I prefer St Dominic line

"it is better to be a hammer than an anvil" or as Goethe put it, sometimes in life you are a hammer, sometimes an anvil.

Yeterday, we were the anvil, in November, we will be the hammer.